Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tower of Babel
RE: The Tower of Babel
(August 10, 2018 at 5:42 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 5:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Says the person who believes black people inherently have low I.Q.s ...

What?!?

She was attempting to defend the bogus research found in the bell curve.
(August 10, 2018 at 5:50 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 5:42 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: What?!?

You mean when she said this?

"What fucking position have I expressed on the issue?!?! I said explicitly both that I was agnostic concerning the hypothesis as well as pointing out that I haven't studied the issue and so don't have an adequate basis on which to form an opinion. That you continue to misrepresent me in this way simply makes you out to be a fucking liar."
Popcorn
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(August 10, 2018 at 5:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 5:21 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: No, just pointing out that you're an idiot who thinks things that aren't true.  But lol right back, for thinking I was drawing any larger conclusions.

Says the person who believes black people inherently have low I.Q.s ...

Evidence or GTFO. I repeatedly told you that I had no opinion on the subject and explicitly linked to the moderating discussion in Wikipedia.

Saying this simply demonstrates that you're both an idiot and a liar, and probably a racist as well.

Falsely accusing me of this simply shows how inept you are at reasoning to a valid conclusion. But by all means, keep digging that hole deeper.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 10, 2018 at 12:57 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: *emphasis mine*

First of all whatever laws you think need to apply are irrelevant when a supernatural being that can speak matter into existence (something science says is impossible) is introduced.

One minute you are trying to explain why plants had light before the sun, the next saying that none of that matters anyway. If you are going to believe that no laws we know of apply, then why try explain them away at all ? Why not simply stay true to the text.?

Quote:We all know it is impossible for a human being to survive without a brain, heart, or lungs, yet at the beginning of YOUR creation those things did not exist, they were formed LATER, something else sustained you until those things were put in place.

By 'Your' you mean established scientific fact, of course they were formed later no one is claiming that humans existed before they evolved lungs.

Quote:Humans need to breathe. If you had zero clue about how a human being came to exist (like you do about the universe),

That's why we say 'we don't know' we don't refer to unprovable magical beings and deities.

Quote:I'd suspect stating that you took you first breaths nine months after you were formed would sound just as impossible.

You do take your first breath nine months after but you still use oxygen throughout, only the method of gaining it changes, and no it's stupid t say it's impossible when we can (unlike your god) observe and prove it every day.

(August 10, 2018 at 4:43 am)possibletarian Wrote: You are relying more and more heavily on pulling either the silence of the bible or quotes out of the Bible from different places in utter desperation to make things fit

Quote:I'm simply letting the bible interpret itself.

How does anything interpret itself ?

Quote:Therefore you can't accuse me of making anything, up. Anything explanation given can be found directly in the bible.

Oh it is explained in the bible, it's just that with more modern knowledge of our universe it just simply does not match with what we can show to be true.
Put simply the bible is wrong about the formation of the earth, and the timespan of humans on this planet. It really is ridiculous to use it as reliable in any way.
[/quote]
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(August 10, 2018 at 5:50 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 5:42 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: What?!?

No, I was pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, something that appears to be a full time job. I made no defense of their research, but by all means, keep imagining things and claiming shit that did not happen. It does a lot to build up your credibility.
(August 10, 2018 at 6:02 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 5:50 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: She was attempting to defend the bogus research found in the bell curve.

You mean when she said this?

"What fucking position have I expressed on the issue?!?! I said explicitly both that I was agnostic concerning the hypothesis as well as pointing out that I haven't studied the issue and so don't have an adequate basis on which to form an opinion. That you continue to misrepresent me in this way simply makes you out to be a fucking liar."

That came much later...

Generally when people know nothing of a particular subject they tend to stay out of it.

Plenty of evidence had been presented up to that point so ignorance is no longer an excuse, any ignorance past that point is willful.
(August 10, 2018 at 5:39 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 5:21 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: No, just pointing out that you're an idiot who thinks things that aren't true.  But lol right back, for thinking I was drawing any larger conclusions.

Says the person who believes black people inherently have low I.Q.s ...

This does bring up another point. As was discussed in that thread, if you're claiming that blacks don't have an inherently lower IQ, then you have a burden of proof to meet that you haven't. But then, as discussed in that thread, your misunderstanding of the scientific method leads you to believe that you don't have such a burden. So that's three things you don't understand: science, interpreting texts, and what I actually said in that thread.

Have I mentioned yet that you're an idiot?

(August 10, 2018 at 6:15 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 6:02 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: You mean when she said this?

That came much later...

Generally when people know nothing of a particular subject they tend to stay out of it.

Plenty of evidence had been presented up to that point so ignorance is no longer an excuse, ant ignorance past that point is willful.

I answered that I neither agreed nor disagreed in that thread. That you continue to look for racism where it doesn't exist and magically divine the hidden meaning behind my arguments just makes you look pathetic.

Honestly, arguing with you is like arguing with childish morons like Little Rik who, upon not receiving an answer he can use as grist for his mill tries to make an argument out of my silence on a topic. It's stupid Huggy, but it's all you.
(August 10, 2018 at 6:15 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: This does bring up another point. As was discussed in that thread, if you're claiming that blacks don't have an inherently lower IQ, then you have a burden of proof to meet that you haven't. But then, as discussed in that thread, your misunderstanding of the scientific method leads you to believe that you don't have such a burden. So that's three things you don't understand: science, interpreting texts, and what I actually said in that thread.

Thinking
(August 10, 2018 at 6:27 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(August 10, 2018 at 6:15 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: This does bring up another point.  As was discussed in that thread, if you're claiming that blacks don't have an inherently lower IQ, then you have a burden of proof to meet that you haven't.  But then, as discussed in that thread, your misunderstanding of the scientific method leads you to believe that you don't have such a burden.  So that's three things you don't understand: science, interpreting texts, and what I actually said in that thread.

Thinking

Well, are you? Do you even understand the question? I have my doubts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tower of Bible and creation of languages mcolafson 41 6278 September 22, 2016 at 9:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The tower of babel dyresand 20 4853 September 9, 2015 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  CHRISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN "tower of babel" truthBtold 40 10712 January 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  As a christian, how did you handle the problems with the Tower of Babel? Brakeman 51 18877 November 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Punished for Babel? Foxaèr 102 24204 July 19, 2013 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why did God divide the people of Babel? Greatest I am 50 8271 October 18, 2011 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger