Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 12:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
(April 19, 2016 at 11:51 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(April 19, 2016 at 4:09 pm)pocaracas Wrote: The way things are going...GRRMartin dies before the books....

Argh, this is probably true!  lol

"Every time you ask when the next book will come out, George R R Martin kills another Stark."
(May 30, 2016 at 9:31 pm)wiploc Wrote:
(April 19, 2016 at 1:45 am)Aroura Wrote: Sorry if I missed someone answering, but in the books it was implied it was Jojen's father who knew the truth. In the tv show it could be Selmey or even Jojen through his father. Or maybe Bran will learn it during time travel tree god training. Really, they could do it so many ways.

Jojen's sister tells Bran about their father at the tournament at which Ned Stark's sister was named the queen of love and beauty.  She keeps pausing to ask, "You don't know this story?"  So she obviously knows it.  She will have gotten it from her father. 

Any number of other people will know it too.  Few enough people know it that Ned's sister could hope to keep it secret, but that doesn't mean that nobody knows it.

We weren't talking about R+L=J, we were talking about A+J=T.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 25, 2016 at 1:41 am)Maelstrom Wrote: I am just disappointed that there was a show that primarily followed the books unlike any other show, only to discover that the show and books are no longer to be aligned properly.

The first three books were great, but it was only supposed to be a trilogy.  Martin's story sprawls as it lengthens, always adding new characters and new plot lines, always getting further from the conclusion.  When he was writing the first book, there were to be only two more.  When he was writing the second book, there were to be only two more.  When he was writing the third book, there were only to be two more.  And even now there are only supposed to be two more. 

As the books get fatter, they lose direction and momentum, until--at least in my case--you don't even want the show to follow the books.  You want the show to get somewhere. 

What Martin needs is a strong editor; HBO is assuming that role.
(April 25, 2016 at 3:40 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: ... now Sansa has escaped and probably will go to the Wall or Deepwood Motte if she's smart, where she'll hopefully take the North and bring the shit from the North as well.
In the end, Sansa Lannister will rule the North with her beloved husband Tyrion, the only man who ever treated her well.
Doubt it.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 30, 2016 at 10:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Doubt it.

Also--more for you to doubt--Tommen is the one who started the war.  Acting out of mercy, because he didn't want Bran to have to endure as a cripple, he hired the assassin who tried to kill Bran, which is what caused Bran's mom to capture Tyrion, and all the dominoes that fell after that. 

Mostly mercy, his motive.  Bran had beat him up pretty good during sword practice.
I still think in the end Tyrion is left alive pissing on everyone's graves.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 30, 2016 at 11:03 pm)wiploc Wrote:
(May 30, 2016 at 10:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Doubt it.

Also--more for you to doubt--Tommen is the one who started the war.  Acting out of mercy, because he didn't want Bran to have to endure as a cripple, he hired the assassin who tried to kill Bran, which is what caused Bran's mom to capture Tyrion, and all the dominoes that fell after that. 

Mostly mercy, his motive.  Bran had beat him up pretty good during sword practice.
You're right. Doubt it.

I really want them to get rid of that cult. That thing is really slowing down the show. When Jamie rode up on his horse with his army I was like "YES!!! KILL THE OLD SHIT AND HIS FUCKING FOLLOWERS!!!" but then the brat announced an alliance with the old man. And thus begins the darker ages, though I'm sure it's a plan by the King or Queen to be rid of them.

In the scene were Bran and the girl was saved by the horseman, when they were riding off and the white walkers were after them I imagined myself jumping in there and shooting the zombies in the head with a shotgun while yelling at the horseman to go. hehe

So Bran, whom I hate now because he fucked up big time, is united with his uncle. Kay.

Ariya Escapes. YES!!!! This whole faceless cult started off good but then started to get really boring. Let the fiercest Stark be free. And I have no doubt that she'll survive, even by HBO standards.

Sam's Home. Dad's a dick, what's new? Still it was nice seeing his home, his sister and mother are amazing. Sam is literally one of those characters in GoT that I expected to die within a week of his introduction. At he's proven himself awesome, so what his dad says is shit and I kinda expected Sam to slit his throat.

Khaleesi Awesome speech. I really wanna see where things go for her.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
Major spoiler, if the show decides to follow the books:

"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 359 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 2631 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 2943 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 6255 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 67592 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Foxaèr 10 1941 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 3762 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1076 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 941 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Foxaèr 21 5074 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda