Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 12:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for atheist claims
RE: Evidence for atheist claims
Lol.
(May 12, 2016 at 9:39 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 11, 2016 at 6:25 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: There has been a lot of solid evidence provided. What you are claiming has not been provided is proof.

And science does not deal in proofs.

It examines all the evidence, then builds the best model supported by said evidence. 

So far, ALL the scientific evidence points to consciousness arising from bain function. 

Scientists don't 'guess'. If they were discovered to be doing so, they would soon be looking for jobs flipping burgers.

Few hundred years ago the norm was that the planet earth was flat and was the center of the universe.
Today the norm is that when you die you really die and the brain is the mind and the mind is the consciousness.
Isn't that all clear?  Smile  Wink  Smile 

The earth was discovered to be spherical in the 4th century, BCE, not by mystics using some undefined spiritual method, but by a scientist and mathematician.

The reason why it is the norm, is because that is what all the evidence points to. As soon as you can demonstrable and falsifiable evidence to support consciousness surviving he death of the brain, let us know when you have your Nobel prize.

Quote:Nobody so far could established for sure that something physical such as the brain can give birth so to speak to something abstract such as the consciousness that is why sometime ago I said that a donkey can not possibly give birth to a human being.

Quote:Please provide one example of consciousness that exists sans a physical brain.

We'll wait....

Quote:I already did several times but you guys failed to read.  Rolleyes

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/...counts.htm

I've read a lot, including that link, on NDE's.

There are natural explanations for them. No magic needed.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(May 12, 2016 at 9:46 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 11, 2016 at 7:24 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: When you're done moving the goalposts I might respond.  You claimed that the assertion was unsupported.  Next you change that to 'solid evidence' which is surely in the eye of the beholder.  Then you say nobody has 'for sure' demonstrated it.  Well no shit, Sherlock, that wasn't what was being disputed.  If you can't even keep track of the right standard of evidence, you have no business claiming they have not been met.  They have, and you were wrong.  The proposition that the brain gives rise to consciousness has been supported.  That's all that was claimed, and that was done already multiple times over.

You can support a building with solid concrete and steel and you can also support the same with
a week frame.
Capish? (right?)  Smile

So now you're a skeptic. But not when it comes to NDEs. Your brain is filled with double standards. You don't apply your skepticism consistently, so the results you get are inconsistent. That the brain is the source of consciousness has been well supported, but those attached to religious dogma like you will always find room to doubt. If your doubts were based on something other than dogma, that might present a problem. But since they aren't, it isn't.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 12, 2016 at 3:13 am)robvalue Wrote: When push comes to shove though, she turns to me to separate the wheat from the chaff when these things start to grate on her.

I hope you get paid in appropriate coin.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 12, 2016 at 8:44 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 11, 2016 at 2:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If I whack your brain with an axe my guess is that your "consciousness" ( such as it is ) will vanish pretty quickly!

Son.  Hi
I am really puzzle.
Most atheists rely heavily on science to put forward their ideas but this very science contradict you guys.
Science say that the energy can not be destroyed.
Well well son.
Energy and consciousness are the two sides of the same sheet so to think that by killing someone you can
kill his-her consciousness as well is against the very science that you guy believe in.  Tut Tut
See son how easy is to KILL your dogma?  Smile  

Quote:that is why sometime ago I said that a donkey can not possibly give birth to a human being.

Quote:But it seems that human beings can give birth to jackasses.

Son.  Wink
After reading few of your post i started to believe that you are correct on this.  ROFLOL  Worship (large)  ROFLOL

Little Rik. Exposing his ignorance on AF since 2013.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 12, 2016 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(May 12, 2016 at 9:50 am)Little Rik Wrote: Sorry Fat but their brain was 100% off as established by doctors and neurosugeons.
Try again Fat but this time i need solid evidence not bull.  Smile

No, you see you actually need evidence for those claims.  An untraceable website that has no sources or links or patient reports is not 'evidence'.  That site has no way to verify the truth of those stories.  All you have to do to get your story on that site is fill out a form and you get your story posted.  There's no hospital names, doctor's names, or identifying information of any kind.  It's literally just 'stories on the internet.

Fat.  Hi

First you come down with the story ..........of people with oxygen-deprived brains...
Once i kill that story by explaining you that that is just a story because experts in brains
such as doctors and neurosurgeons established that there was no brain activities in that dead body
you now come out with some more stories instead to be honest and accept the obvious.
Your trying to cling at all cost to something unreal in order to avoid admitting the failure
of your atheistic life is childish.
But no worry Fat i can also kill your new stories.
Your detective feeling in analyze the NDEs is quite weak.  Banging Head On Desk
You clearly miss the point.

In the NDEs all those recollection of events may be different in situations in which these people went through their NDE but they all experience a mighty presence that they describe as God.
They all understand that reincarnation is real.
They all experience a wonderful place which they regret very much to leave.
They all fear death no more.
In fact they all wait with eagerness to go back in this beautiful place.
None of them saw the devil or hell.
They rather saw people who did wrong things in mental pain if we can say mental as the mind
is not there nevertheless even these creatures have a bright future once they will go through
their rehabilitation as per karma law.
All those NDEs experience consciousness so consciousness is you, me and everybody
even low form of lives.
Wonder wonder Fat how all these people who went trough an NDE come to the same conclusion.
Not only that Fat.
Even a neurosurgeon that before his NDE was skeptic confirm that with the brain 100% off
the consciousness take over and you see the real reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFml7LEn68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkgj5J91hE
Brain dead people are conscious and have access to the "real reality"?  News to me.  Have you alerted the medical community?  That might be important to them (particularly their lawyers and insurers).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Stand by for revisions to the definitions of "brain dead" and "real reality" in 3...2..
Evidence for atheist claims
(May 13, 2016 at 5:16 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 12, 2016 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: No, you see you actually need evidence for those claims.  An untraceable website that has no sources or links or patient reports is not 'evidence'.  That site has no way to verify the truth of those stories.  All you have to do to get your story on that site is fill out a form and you get your story posted.  There's no hospital names, doctor's names, or identifying information of any kind.  It's literally just 'stories on the internet.

Fat.  Hi

First you come down with the story ..........of people with oxygen-deprived brains...
Once i kill that story by explaining you that that is just a story because experts in brains
such as doctors and neurosurgeons established that there was no brain activities in that dead body
you now come out with some more stories instead to be honest and accept the obvious.
Your trying to cling at all cost to something unreal in order to avoid admitting the failure
of your atheistic life is childish.
But no worry Fat i can also kill your new stories.
Your detective feeling in analyze the NDEs is quite weak.  Banging Head On Desk
You clearly miss the point.

In the NDEs all those recollection of events may be different in situations in which these people went through their NDE but they all experience a mighty presence that they describe as God.
They all understand that reincarnation is real.
They all experience a wonderful place which they regret very much to leave.
They all fear death no more.
In fact they all wait with eagerness to go back in this beautiful place.
None of them saw the devil or hell.
They rather saw people who did wrong things in mental pain if we can say mental as the mind
is not there nevertheless even these creatures have a bright future once they will go through
their rehabilitation as per karma law.
All those NDEs experience consciousness so consciousness is you, me and everybody
even low form of lives.
Wonder wonder Fat how all these people who went trough an NDE come to the same conclusion.
Not only that Fat.
Even a neurosurgeon that before his NDE was skeptic confirm that with the brain 100% off
the consciousness take over and you see the real reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZFml7LEn68

[Image: 1ef38e47999ae74832982d6b10692a88.jpg]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian. Brian37 26 1727 November 17, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2562 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3423 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1734 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4917 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8282 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2933 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1063 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Scary claims of God's punishments debunk_pls 30 4058 September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2615 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball