Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 1:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence for atheist claims
RE: Evidence for atheist claims
(May 29, 2016 at 9:19 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 28, 2016 at 2:11 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This, in spades. She would most likely have died if it happened even twenty years earlier, let alone a century. Go back just a little further and even things we hardly notice today, such as abscesses or minor cuts, meant getting the invitations ready for another funeral. We're at the stage now where people have had their hearts stopped and rested to let them repair themselves. There are people walking around who owe their very birth to medical progress.

Of course Stim.
There is only one life so if you live longer that is progress.

Of course, of course.
I never thought about it.  Indubitably

I never said anything about there being only one life, you gibbering trainwreck. That's your projection onto me, and I'm not letting you strawman me with it. In fact, you've never asked me what I believe about any of this; all you've ever done is tell me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 29, 2016 at 8:43 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 28, 2016 at 12:45 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: This is nothing but a bare assertion and holds no water.

I called you out on your game and you did precisely that.  That's pathetic.  "Solid evidence" or GTFO.

Not at all yog.
You are the one who try to be smart.
I am the one who put the questions first not you so it is you that got to answer the questions first.
I have no problem of whatsoever to answer your questions.
None at all.
So please answer my questions first and in no time I will answer yours.  Smile

Fuck off. I'm not playing your game. If you can answer the questions with "solid evidence," fine. If not, no skin off my nose. You obviously are having trouble answering them.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
yet this little rik thing is still consuming precious oxygen to take from your life many minutes that you will never get back.
(May 29, 2016 at 1:13 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 8:43 am)Little Rik Wrote: Not at all yog.
You are the one who try to be smart.
I am the one who put the questions first not you so it is you that got to answer the questions first.
I have no problem of whatsoever to answer your questions.
None at all.
So please answer my questions first and in no time I will answer yours.  Smile

Fuck off.  I'm not playing your game.  If you can answer the questions with "solid evidence," fine.  If not, no skin off my nose.  You obviously are having trouble answering them.

I can say the same thing about you yog.
In fact it is you that are having trouble in answering my questions.  Panic

So let us follow the schedule.
I asked first and you have to answer before you can ask your set of questions.
That is fair while you are not.  Indubitably
Your swearing just show that you are in deep sh..  Wink
(May 29, 2016 at 9:32 am)LostLocke Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 9:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: How do you know that you have to have a physical body to create progress?
Who told you that?  Huh
Show us just one person without a physical body who is making progress.

Those who went through a real NDE made a lot of progress.
During their NDE it was shown to them how to live better so to progress.
Beside your question forgot that I was challenging the previous post when it was said that
we need a physical body to progress.
Where is the evidence that that is the case?  Lightbulb
(May 29, 2016 at 1:17 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: yet this little rik thing is still consuming precious oxygen to take from your life many minutes that you will never get back.

Unfortunately most people only learn the hard way so they have to consume a lot of oxygen.  Banging Head On Desk

Only smart people learn without the need to consume a lot of oxygen.  Smile

The trick in knowing to be smart is however very very simple.
All you have to do is follow what make more sense like to understand that behind this universe
there is a big big mind.  Smile
Try a week consuming no oxygen at all. Maybe you'll get really smart.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I take nothing on faith.

Faith is Doublethink.
Faith is believing what you know ain't so.  - Mark Twain
Faith is inscrutable.
(May 30, 2016 at 4:42 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 9:32 am)LostLocke Wrote: Show us just one person without a physical body who is making progress.

Those who went through a real NDE made a lot of progress.
During their NDE it was shown to them how to live better so to progress.
Beside your question forgot that I was challenging the previous post when it was said that
we need a physical body to progress.
Where is the evidence that that is the case?  Lightbulb
After an NDE the person is still in a physical body.
Show one person who is no longer in a physical body who is making progress.
If I have to talk to an idiot, let them not be religious.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian. Brian37 26 1727 November 17, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2563 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3424 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1734 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4918 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8285 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2934 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1063 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Scary claims of God's punishments debunk_pls 30 4058 September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2616 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball