Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
As a parent, one can try to steer the kid away from such stupidity, no?
When my son started copping a sag, I'd sometimes tell him to pull his goddamned britches up ... but his mother made essentially Losty's point and so I relented.

He went through that phase and now is into the tight skinny jeans thing.

What the hell's wrong with Levi's and a good pair of cowboy boots?

(August 19, 2016 at 4:00 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When my son started copping a sag, I'd sometimes tell him to pull his goddamned britches up ... but his mother made essentially Losty's point and so I relented.

Why would you want to wear cowboy boots in a European city? Tongue
Just being honest:

Coming to this forum has changed my life, in many ways. All for the better. It's awesome. You guys are awesome!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It's an inconsiderate way to dress. Here's why....

I was with my children in a restaurant one day and we were trying to eat our lunch. A male patron was standing by the wall (there was an outlet there), charging his phone. His underwear were showing and his jeans were belted around the bottom of his ass. No sorry... I do NOT need my children seeing that. It is rude to think that everyone around you - especially in an establishment where people are eating - wants to see you showing off not only your ass, but your underwear as well. And yes, I got up from the table, walked over to him and told him to pull his pants up because no one wants to see his underwear. It wouldn't be acceptable if women suddenly started wearing their shirts below their boobs and half hanging off their elbows, so that their bras and breasts are seen, so why do men who think this is fashionable, get a free pass. They shouldn't.

TBH, I don't allow my almost 14 year old daughter to wear midriffs (belly shirts) or daisy dukes because I don't need her dressing like a street hooker from Baltimore. She's fourteen and she's built like a brick shithouse (muscular and she's on the track team at school). She's already been asked out by a 12th grader. That wasn't happening. When she's grown and out of my house and paying her own bills, she can dress however her heart desires (knowing her, she's respectable about her body so I know how that's going to go) but until then, she dresses how she's told. Especially when I'm the one footing the bill for said clothing.

And for the record, I know many people in the LGBT community and not a single one of them dresses like that. They actually have more fashion sense than most other people I know.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(August 19, 2016 at 4:21 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: . It wouldn't be acceptable if women suddenly started wearing their shirts below their boobs and half hanging off their elbows, so that their bras and breasts are seen,

Just saying...I wouldn't mind... Wink
(August 19, 2016 at 4:00 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: When my son started copping a sag, I'd sometimes tell him to pull his goddamned britches up ... but his mother made essentially Losty's point and so I relented.

My son adopted the tight skinny jeans thing too . . . for about a day. He seemed to lose interest in them when I asked why the hell he was wearing his sister's pants.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with Levi's. I'm really not a cowboy boots guy, but I love my steel-toed work boots.
CIJSIAJBH,

I'm such a klutz.
(August 19, 2016 at 4:20 pm)robvalue Wrote: Just being honest:

Coming to this forum has changed my life, in many ways. All for the better. It's awesome. You guys are awesome!

Just being honest, you have changed my life for the better.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I can't breathe.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 935 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1218 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama