Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
I was VP of our local atheist org - we had between 50-100 people who showed up physically throughout the year, and over 1000 FB members.

I got us 501c3 status, and we now have an annual budget of 5k. We're legit. We were going to start working on a charity fund, even.

But while sacrifices of time and money were things I was willing to make, lately it's been a sacrificing of people I care about as they react to me being VP instead of just their friend. And some might say that I should dismiss people who can't respect it, but I'm tired of the drama. My personal life is so chaotic right now that I can't deal with it and give my friends and the group my full consideration.

I just sort of want to go away for a while.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(September 20, 2016 at 9:12 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I was VP of our local atheist org - we had between 50-100 people who showed up physically throughout the year, and over 1000 FB members.

I got us 501c3 status, and we now have an annual budget of 5k. We're legit. We were going to start working on a charity fund, even.

But while sacrifices of time and money were things I was willing to make, lately it's been a sacrificing of people I care about as they react to me being VP instead of just their friend. And some might say that I should dismiss people who can't respect it, but I'm tired of the drama. My personal life is so chaotic right now that I can't deal with it and give my friends and the group my full consideration.

I just sort of want to go away for a while.

That's perfectly understandable, tsq. This sort of thing can happen when a modification of the power dynamic is introduced in a friendship. It's not your fault and you shouldn't strain yourself. Choose whatever is best for you and don't feel bad about it.
For a long time it wasn't a problem, though. It's just lately people are being shitty. This has been a terrible year for many of us, and I fully admit that I am completely strained right now due to finances and a job search and other stuff, so I haven't been giving 100% towards my friends.

I don't believe that it justifies being treated like shit though.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
ETA: This post was @ Summer

Never.
CIJS

I own my own feelings and I'm entitled to them.
CIJS...

I'm at a good place in my life. Heart
This site gives me a good chuckle at times.
CIJS I'm annoyed at everyone today. Everyone in my personal life is being an absolute pain in the ass today. That especially applies to the people I normally like. I'm going to avoid posting in other threads here right now because I'm sure my attitude will carry over. I like (most of) you folks too much and I don't want you to deal with it.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I hope you feel better soon.... feel free to Skype me as always Smile
CIJS -

You're getting a letter from me. It will be on the table when you get home. Since you don't want to hear what I have to say when I verbalize myself, perhaps you will realize the gravity of the situation if it is spelled out to you on a piece of paper.

You asked the rest of us to work with you and be patient and to not give up on you. I have tried. You not giving a shit about us, but expecting us to give a shit about you, is not only selfish, but disrespectful, ignorant and I flat out will not continue to deal with it.

Either man up or you lose us all.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 933 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1212 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama