Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
RE: Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...
CIJS? I'm sorry for setting the tone awry, I'm sorry for turning a lovely conversation into an eggshell tapdance.

I'll be more thoughtful when next we speak. Heart Heart

CIJS? I have rarely been so confused after reading back two pages. Not sure what anyone is talking about. Wonder if I've had a stroke or am dead?
(November 22, 2016 at 6:42 am)Whateverist Wrote: CIJS?  I have rarely been so confused after reading back two pages.  Not sure what anyone is talking about.  Wonder if I've had a stroke or am dead?

Relax... I've been feeling like that since page 1.
(November 22, 2016 at 6:42 am)Whateverist Wrote: CIJS?  I have rarely been so confused after reading back two pages.  Not sure what anyone is talking about.  Wonder if I've had a stroke or am dead?

In case you're not familiar with this thread, it's about things you would say to someone, if you could be totally honest. Things you probably wouldn't actually say. A place to praise or vent. Hopefully for the latter, it's not used towards members of this site as that is incredibly rude.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 22, 2016 at 7:30 am)robvalue Wrote:

In case you're not familiar with this thread, it's about things you would say to someone, if you could be totally honest. Things you probably wouldn't actually say. A place to praise or vent. Hopefully for the latter, it's not used towards members of this site as that is incredibly rude.

Whereas we only mean to be honest, right?  I get that but the lack of continuity between one person's post and the next continually baffles me.
That's because there is no continuity and it's not really meant to be.. What one person posts is not always relevant to the poster before them. Sure, someone can comment, but really this thread is supposed to be in the style as if one was talking to a hypothetical person.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 22, 2016 at 7:30 am)robvalue Wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to quote you there.
Can I just say, and I'm just being honest...

You're ashamed to be with me.

You don't love me enough to overcome the former.

Such a tragic joke are we. Let strangers dictate our relationship, because of course they should, why not. 

You tell me you can't live without me yet somehow your public image seems to matter more to you. Well, that's odd, if you ask me.

Love means. . .  Love means. . .  What does it mean ? I don't know anymore . Maybe it does mean this. To me it means the world shouldn't concern us. We should matter and nothing else. Maybe I'm too much of a romantic. 

I'm hurt. And you're right back to making excuses again. Evasions. Say what you will. But that's what you're doing. You can't face yourself, I get it. Who could? That doesn't make it right, though. It just doesn't. 

And you! Thank you for continuing to make two people miserable, one of which is your friend, by coming between them. By sowing distrust and resentment. 

But, really, thank you for provoking me. What does it matter? This should have to be said. I should say it. I should stay true to myself. No matter what. For else, what is the point? 

Thank you.
(November 22, 2016 at 7:37 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 22, 2016 at 7:30 am)robvalue Wrote: In case you're not familiar with this thread, it's about things you would say to someone, if you could be totally honest. Things you probably wouldn't actually say. A place to praise or vent. Hopefully for the latter, it's not used towards members of this site as that is incredibly rude.

Whereas we only mean to be honest, right?  I get that but the lack of continuity between one person's post and the next continually baffles me.

Well, for example I could be venting about some guy who pissed me off on the street who I don't specify; and the next poster could be talking about some girl at their school they fell in love with. So there is indeed not necessarily any continuity. Sometimes people comment on a post; sometimes they do their own monologue.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 22, 2016 at 7:39 am)Nymphadora Wrote: That's because there is no continuity and it's not really meant to be.. 

So there is incontinuity? Sounds like it's time for Depends.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Say what??? Gawdzilla Sama 10 932 June 21, 2023 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At 33 years of age, I am being bullied and tired of it. AkiraTheViking 12 1209 June 7, 2023 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: deleted
  What do you say? LastPoet 2 471 January 14, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama