Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 2:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request from a Christian.
RE: Request from a Christian.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:04 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 7:54 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote: To punish lucifer and his demons.

If it's only for those entities, then why mention the place to us, humans?
What do we care about it?

God likes efficiency. Rather than creating a separate horrible place for the nasty little heathens who reject his battered-wife-style love, he just uses the one he already created for the nasty little angels who dared to question his authority for no good reason except for all the good reasons.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:04 pm)pocaracas Wrote: If it's only for those entities, then why mention the place to us, humans?

Because humans sin. God can't have sin in heaven so He had to find the legal loophole. That was Jesus's sacrifice. All it takes is (I believe not speaking for my Catholic counterpart) Repentance of your sin, Trust in Jesus, and Acceptance that your sin is forgiven. But come on, you're dragging me off topic again. And I don't want to preach to you guys.

hehe! Told you I did that sort of thing! Wink Tongue

But it's okay.... you can preach a bit... just don't overdo it, cause people will get queasy.
(In the old days, there was a rule which prevented preaching... but it has been removed and you are free to do it, now! Wink )

Humans sin, yes, okay... I can grant that. But, the thing is, all those sins have a justification, have a history, have a reason. Understanding the reason (and god is certain to understand everyone's reasons) makes you unable to fault the humans.

What does repentance do, if not just cause the person to attempt to list the reasons that have led him to sin? to promise an attempt at future care not to sin - which is usually doomed to failure?
But god should know all those reasons... shouldn't he?
(January 1, 2017 at 8:01 pm)Astonished Wrote: I love how Ray Comfort talks about people sinning when he tries to guilt-trip them into believing. If I'm just another cafeteria-style Christian, I'd just sin my ass off and cynically manipulate god by believing in Jesus to save myself from hell, getting both a hedonistically fun life and afterlife. But since I don't subscribe to biblical morality I'm forced to be a good, honest person instead. At least I don't believe in or fear hell.

What would Christianity be without hell?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:22 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote: Because humans sin. God can't have sin in heaven so He had to find the legal loophole. That was Jesus's sacrifice. All it takes is (I believe not speaking for my Catholic counterpart) Repentance of your sin, Trust in Jesus, and Acceptance that your sin is forgiven. But come on, you're dragging me off topic again. And I don't want to preach to you guys.

hehe! Told you I did that sort of thing! Wink Tongue

But it's okay.... you can preach a bit... just don't overdo it, cause people will get queasy.
(In the old days, there was a rule which prevented preaching... but it has been removed and you are free to do it, now! Wink )

Humans sin, yes, okay... I can grant that. But, the thing is, all those sins have a justification, have a history, have a reason. Understanding the reason (and god is certain to understand everyone's reasons) makes you unable to fault the humans.

What does repentance do, if not just cause the person to attempt to list the reasons that have led him to sin? to promise an attempt at future care not to sin - which is usually doomed to failure?
But god should know all those reasons... shouldn't he?

The Bible explains what sin is, but there is no difference in the judgement of sin therefore it doesn't matter if it is homosexuality or hatred both is equally punishable under God's Law. A thief might justify stealing because he can't find a job, that won't matter to a court the same goes with sin. 

Have you ever seen a child say sorry, just to say the word to get out of trouble. There is a difference between sorry, and believing. I know I did wrong, I sinned, I'm sorry and I will make a effort to do better. Its more then saying sorry, and if you have that mindset it shows you have a conscious decision not to commit that act again. 

Ok because you have requested I take my muzzle off here I go. God can see everything, past, present, and future. He can see the consequences for your action, an eternity before you make them. Sometimes our decisions have a immediate positive outcome, but a larger problem down the road. However God Values your autonomy, your free will. So while He hopes you make the right choice, He lets you make it regardless of the outcome.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: What would Christianity be without hell?

Unitarianism!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(January 1, 2017 at 8:36 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:01 pm)Astonished Wrote: I love how Ray Comfort talks about people sinning when he tries to guilt-trip them into believing. If I'm just another cafeteria-style Christian, I'd just sin my ass off and cynically manipulate god by believing in Jesus to save myself from hell, getting both a hedonistically fun life and afterlife. But since I don't subscribe to biblical morality I'm forced to be a good, honest person instead. At least I don't believe in or fear hell.

What would Christianity be without hell?

Sad to say, more feasible.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:04 pm)pocaracas Wrote: If it's only for those entities, then why mention the place to us, humans?

Because humans sin. God can't have sin in heaven so He had to find the legal loophole. That was Jesus's sacrifice. All it takes is (I believe not speaking for my Catholic counterpart) Repentance of your sin, Trust in Jesus, and Acceptance that your sin is forgiven. But come on, you're dragging me off topic again. And I don't want to preach to you guys.

Why would God need a legal loophole?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:57 pm)The_Empress Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:13 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote: Because humans sin. God can't have sin in heaven so He had to find the legal loophole. That was Jesus's sacrifice. All it takes is (I believe not speaking for my Catholic counterpart) Repentance of your sin, Trust in Jesus, and Acceptance that your sin is forgiven. But come on, you're dragging me off topic again. And I don't want to preach to you guys.

Because he is not able to break is word.

(January 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:57 pm)The_Empress Wrote: Why would God need a legal loophole?

I need to correct that, He has the ability to break His word, but he won't do it because its not in His nature.
(January 1, 2017 at 8:57 pm)The_Empress Wrote:

Tell me and we'll both know. For an omnipotent god, he sure does have a lot he can't do. It's as if there's some force or power above god whose requirements he must satisfy. He can't exercise the mercy he wants to exercise without violent blood shed.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(January 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm)Dragonspride1995 Wrote:
(January 1, 2017 at 8:57 pm)The_Empress Wrote: Why would God need a legal loophole?

Dude, god lies his ass off in the bible. Which is why he's a hypocrite to condemn us for sinning. Not to mention creating humans with those tendencies and then condemning them in the first place.

---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89889 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7535 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6378 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej