Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 2:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge!
RE: A challenge!
So it's always believers who are gullible and insincere to truth, and it's impossible Atheists/Skeptics are insincere to the truth. Oh, do tell me more. *smiles*
Hey, *you're* the ones who believe things that have little or no correlation to observable, testable reality. You may be quite sincere, and in fact I believe that you are sincere, but I personally think you're sincere about weird and extremely dubious things.

As soon as you cross the border between what someone says and what you think they're thinking, kindly just STFU and speak only for your own internal world.
(January 4, 2017 at 2:02 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: So it's always believers who are gullible and insincere to truth, and it's impossible Atheists/Skeptics are insincere to the truth. Oh, do tell me more. *smiles*

Gods will is so harsh, that according to "holy books", those who refuse to follow it will have an unimaginable nightmare awaiting them. So, people go as far as they see "permanent death" as their "salvation".

Isn't obvious to you, that your words are like poison to non believers(when hell is brought up) and people won't even listen to you, unless Gods sends miracle making prophet or if God himself starts to preach?

IF people are taking defensive rational position of scientific evidence - "show me at least something supernatural, which would point to possibly something divine". IF that first condition isn't met, your WASTING your time here.
(January 4, 2017 at 2:02 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: So it's always believers who are gullible and insincere to truth, and it's impossible Atheists/Skeptics are insincere to the truth. Oh, do tell me more. *smiles*

Name one other supernatural claim, besides those related to your religion, that you would believe based on the same level of 'evidence' you provide and similarly flawed arguments to yours.

How many other religions do you reject, even though the believers of those religions provide the same level of 'evidence' and arguments that you provide for yours?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(January 4, 2017 at 2:43 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:

Name one other supernatural claim, besides those related to your religion, that you would believe based on the same level of 'evidence' you provide and similarly flawed arguments to yours.

How many other religions do you reject, even though the believers of those religions provide the same level of 'evidence' and arguments that you provide for yours?

They don't have the same prophecies that are twisted into new and amazing truths. 

MK, put up or shut up. *grins*
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Well, here's some unrevealed idiocy nobody else pointed out; you don't get to lump atheists in with skeptics as a blanket term. Atheism doesn't imply skepticism. You can be convinced to leave religion for reasons other than those that are logical, after all. You can believe in all sorts of other non-religious nonsense if you're an atheist. Skeptics are the only applicable term here, please don't add to your list of defects by making that kind of false equivalency.

But because of the way you worded your idiotic attempt at sarcasm (way to try and convert others, acting like an asshole, by the way, the one approach that ALWAYS works), no, it's not always the believers who are gullible and insincere to truth, there are some atheists who do as well, because those atheists did not take the extra leap to be skeptical. They can believe in alien abductions, the healing power of crystals, astrology, etc., and I respect them as much as I respect you, which is to say I don't, at all. But guess what? I do get to make a blanket statement about believers and non-skeptics, that they believe in things without evidence, which is by definition delusional. So in that sense, yes, it's always believers who are gullible in at least some ways, and insincere to at least some obvious truths.

If we're keeping score here, you're losing, bad. You're the guy who would owe money back after the Jeopardy game is over.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
After all this huffing and puffing, let's start the debate already. Someone set up the one on one debate I agreed to have.

I think 5 posts against 5 posts is sufficient!
(January 4, 2017 at 5:49 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: After all this huffing and puffing, let's start the debate already. Someone set up the one on one debate I agreed to have.

Paulpablo accepted your challenge back on post #3.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(January 4, 2017 at 6:00 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(January 4, 2017 at 5:49 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: After all this huffing and puffing, let's start the debate already. Someone set up the one on one debate I agreed to have.

Paulpablo accepted your challenge back on post #3.

I know, I am waiting for Admins to set it up!
(January 4, 2017 at 6:00 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(January 4, 2017 at 6:00 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Paulpablo accepted your challenge back on post #3.

I know, I am waiting for Admins to set it up!

have you tried a PM?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14730 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4910 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  A challenge! Mystic 3 947 January 3, 2017 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6332 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Please help me with this personal challenge accidental creation 11 3570 April 28, 2014 at 4:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A Challenge for the Atheist eeeeeee7 37 9624 January 11, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Bad Writer
  The Moral Challenge GodsRevolt 22 8707 November 5, 2013 at 8:13 am
Last Post: T.J.
  How we won the James Randi $1,000,000 Paranormal Challenge deltoidmachine 24 8391 August 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: gall
  Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird Jeffonthenet 11 6754 July 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  A challenge to Statler Waldorf Zen Badger 178 79293 May 17, 2011 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Eudaimonia