Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
Can I join? I'm not really trying to lose weight, just maintain the weight loss and the cardiovascular gain. I went from 198 to 145 between January 2017 and September 2017. I'm on the same plan and bouncing around between 143 and 147.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
It’s for everyone!!! Join away, dear.
I'm kind of bummed out. I did go from about 213 to 206 in a week. I think I'm ill as I have had some strange symptoms. But being ill isn't mostly what I'm bummed out about.

I had calculated I could be %21 Bodyfat when I reach my goal weight of 185, but having updated everything I find I will more likely be %24-25 BF. Which, by all accounts is still overweight. I should be wearing size 33 or 34 pants by then and wearing Medium size shorts and t-shirts...soooo... average is overweight?

I think I've been losing more lean mass than I planned on.

I don't much like the idea of reaching my goal to then probably be faced with idea of eventually dieting more to get my belly down to a slight pooch which is what I wanted all along.
(March 5, 2018 at 11:43 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: soooo... average is overweight?

That does seem to be the case for me, which is why I place no confidence in those "meal plans" or "weight charts". If I was to follow the universally accepted guideline of what I "should" be consuming on a daily basis, I'd be fat. If I was to follow the universally accepted guideline of how much I should weigh according to my height and age, I'd be fat. I can eat one little meal a day and maintain my weight without losing any weight.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 5, 2018 at 11:52 am)Lutrinae Wrote:
(March 5, 2018 at 11:43 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: soooo... average is overweight?

That does seem to be the case for me, which is why I place no confidence in those "meal plans" or "weight charts".  If I was to follow the universally accepted guideline of what I "should" be consuming on a daily basis, I'd be fat.  If I was to follow the universally accepted guideline of how much I should weigh according to my height and age, I'd be fat.  I can eat one little meal a day and maintain my weight without losing any weight.

Wow. One meal a day. That sounds rough.  It seems like that would be hard on your body.

I just don't like the prospect of maybe dieting with as low calories as I did in my early teens to get down to maybe 170 pounds or less. I'm not sure I can do that. I think I'm going to maintain for anywhere for a few months to a year after I reach my goal first if I do decide to go that route.
(March 5, 2018 at 12:02 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: I just don't like the prospect of maybe dieting with as low calories as I did in my early teens to get down to maybe 170 pounds or less. I'm not sure I can do that. I think I'm going to maintain for anywhere for a few months to a year after I reach my goal first if I do decide to go that route.

You must be well over six feet tall, then. At five/nine, 170 for me is obese. I'm comfortably skinny around 130-140, which I've almost reached from having been at 189 just a few months ago.
~ Erin Hunter
Lol I'm apparently going backward here. I just turned off my gym membership. Disclosure though I have a gym at my apartment complex... not that I'm using it.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Ah.... clothes sizes...
I'm an L in China, an M in Europe and an S in the US.... go figure!
(March 5, 2018 at 12:10 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Lol I'm apparently going backward here. I just turned off my gym membership. Disclosure though I have a gym at my apartment complex... not that I'm using it.

Gyms were never my style. I was always more comfortable jogging outside on a regular basis. I think the only time a gym comes particularly in handy for some people is when they need the guidance of a personal trainer, someone personally pushing them to work out at their hardest and best on a semi-regular basis.
~ Erin Hunter
(March 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(March 5, 2018 at 12:10 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Lol I'm apparently going backward here. I just turned off my gym membership. Disclosure though I have a gym at my apartment complex... not that I'm using it.

Gyms were never my style.  I was always more comfortable jogging outside on a regular basis.  I think the only time a gym comes particularly in handy for some people is when they need the guidance of a personal trainer, someone personally pushing them to work out at their hardest and best on a semi-regular basis.

I love the gym myself. I like that I'm not running in the elements (usually exercising outside in the Texas heat will get you really hurt), I prefer stretching and doing my floor exercises on something soft, if I over exert myself I'm not a mile away from home, and paying money every month is my biggest motivation to get to the gym.

That being said I'm having a hard time doing -any- exercising because of my newborn. I feel awful being away from her all day so all I want to do when I get home is cuddle her and spend time with her. The other day I stayed at work for a seminar that was voluntary and I felt so guilty for being away from her for 13 hours I cried. I've tried running with the stroller once but that is a weekend thing cause I prefer daylight and my husband to be around so he can run with the dog.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3256 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1047 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23444 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5633 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2627 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3835 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6613 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox