Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
RE: AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-May 3 to Whenever We're Not Fat Anymore
The odd weight swings continue -- Went to bed in the low 230s, woke up at just over 226 (actual numbers on an index card at home). Had a fairly low-carb supper, a small piece of New York steak plus a small glass of white wine. I had also spent nearly two hours shoveling snow yesterday evening, so I suspect that had a role in it too.

Probably a lot of fluid fluctuations going on here.
Definitely fluids. Simply urinating causes me to lose 1+ pounds every time.
(March 6, 2018 at 2:25 pm)Astreja Wrote: The odd weight swings continue -- Went to bed in the low 230s, woke up at just over 226 (actual numbers on an index card at home).  Had a fairly low-carb supper, a small piece of New York steak plus a small glass of white wine.  I had also spent nearly two hours shoveling snow yesterday evening, so I suspect that had a role in it too.

Probably a lot of fluid fluctuations going on here.

When I first began this diet I weighed myself at night and I the morning.  I always weighed less in the morning.  Not four pounds less, but less.  I stopped weighing myself at night because that measurement was all over the map.  I'm pretty sure I was weighing how much I had for dinner and when I last had a glass of water.

Now I weigh myself every morning nude just before I shower.  That's roughly the same time five days a week.  But on Saturday and Sunday I miraculously weigh less because I slept in a couple hours.  It's just that much more food and lquid gone.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Fuck you, Easter Bunny.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
So I downloaded the MyFitnessPal ap on my phone yesterday.

I ate 808 out of 1240 calories yesterday. Got a warning when I closed out the diary for the day that not eating enough calories can still hurt you.

I know this. I have a problem. I'm fat and I don't like it. I don't like eating a whole lot.

I'll work on it today.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I like MFP. I also like the LoseIt app. Either one works.
(March 8, 2018 at 11:14 am)Shell B Wrote: I like MFP. I also like the LoseIt app. Either one works.

^^^

I used LoseIt and really loved it but MFP is what is compatible with my Garmin fitness tracker so I use it now. I don't like it as much but it is still a very good app.

I have found that I have the best results when I log food and exercise.

@Joods I believe it warns for me when I eat less than 1200 calories. It's my understanding that it's ok to eat less for relatively short periods of time. I rarely eat all the calories that I'm allowed as well, I'm usually 300-400 under my target. If I need to tack on some more calories, a couple of low carb protein shakes or a two egg omelet with 1 oz of cheese is a good way to do it. ~350 calories if you use a only a teaspoon of butter + PAM to lube the pan. Very Atkins and Keto friendly if that's your thing.
I'm rarely that far below my calorie intake. I'm jealous.

A baked sweet potato has some good calories in it too, if you have time to cook it.
One small meal per day (~30% of my budget, two smaller meals on weekends), and I round out the rest with Premier Protein shakes.

High protein = I get full. 30 grams of protein every 3 hours or so works for me. I rarely need to eat the extra calories I earn from exercise.

I am really starting to feel the weight loss in my gut and ample love handles - and I don't need to wear tall sizes to cover my gut any more. I'm *this* close to having my old XXL shirts and jackets fitting properly.
I find I have to snack throughout the day to combat boredom while I work. Therefore, my "meals" are generally around 200 calories, except for dinner. I have breakfast, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner and then snacks in whatever amount of calories I have left after dinner. I was doing smoothie protein shakes, but realized I was getting way too much sugar from fruit that way. I can't stand protein shakes without the fruit, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Love Your Body Challenge Shell B 39 3279 September 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1050 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  AF Biggest Loser/Fitness Challenge-April 1 to May 1 Shell B 232 23580 September 25, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheist Forums' Biggest Loser Shell B 64 5718 March 31, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Anyone here participate in Sports/Fitness? Lifelongnontheist 24 2631 February 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: yasalam
  Bracket Challenge? SteelCurtain 21 3845 April 5, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad I got fat Something completely different 27 6645 July 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox