Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 12:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
I enjoy looking at old photos. I find them interesting.
I'm on an actual computer so I can upload some photos!

This is me in the hospital post-procedure, just about the first thing I remember.
[Image: 27542751539_e5a4a3f135_z.jpg]

The rest of them are in spoiler tags for the squeamish - they show my wound vacuum some other medical stuff but I just want to warn people who don't want to see that sort of thing. (I also totally understand if a mod thinks these are too much and need to be taken down.)

Me with my super awesome surgeon - she's checking out my drains in this photo, I can't remember why (if we had a question about them or something...) but there you go Tongue

Me just today having my wound vac taken off! It's so nice to be free of that big thing hanging off my belt and tethering me to things....

This one is questionable as to whether I can post it because it's technically of me topless, but there's nothing there nudity-wise (and actually less then a man would show if a male user posted a shirtless photo) but since it's questionable and has potentially gross medical stuff I'll let the mods be the arbiters of this photo (y'all know I'm not intending to post nude photos or anything inappropriate but if a mod deems it inappropriate then take it down, I'll understand).

This is basically me with my scars uncovered after a week of healing under the wound vacuum.  It looks far less scary than I thought it would!

Right now my two scars are covered with Steri-Strips and I still have my three drains so I'm not entirely free of all medical devices and I'm still not allowed to shower but I'm getting closer and closer! Big Grin
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
You are an amazing woman!! ❤❤❤
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Dayum.... Bewbs!

You're looking great!
But... Are you saying you haven't showered in a week?... Reek!! Tongue

Looks like your doing fantastic!

Even got some serosanguineous fluid in the one pic to make me happy. (cause it's all about me)

I would have got sick of wearing the belt. Was that for gait control?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Wow, Clueless, pretty brave post. You look great, though. I bet that will heal up nicely.
(December 26, 2017 at 7:58 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Even got some serosanguineous fluid in the one pic to make me happy. (cause it's all about me)

You mean the fluid in my drains? If you're into that I could send you the daily totals I've been squeezing out of them Wink today is going to be 50ml day on all three, I think, because the vac came off.

Quote:I would have got sick of wearing the belt. Was that for gait control?

The pink belt? I put that on a few days ago to hang the drains off of so that they wouldn't have to be pinned and unpinned from every sweatshirt I put on. When I was doing that I actually pulled a drain out about half an inch so the belt is an improvement.

(December 26, 2017 at 7:46 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Dayum.... Bewbs!

You're looking great!
But... Are you saying you haven't showered in a week?... Reek!! Tongue

My favorite GOT meme! Big Grin

But yes that's what I'm saying: washing only the necessaries for a week, and this will continue at least until Friday since I can't shower until like 2 days after my drains come out and they all have to be <30ml of output each and I'm blowing through that today. and if I want the drains out Friday I can't exceed the 30ml starting tomorrow.

Wait, what day is it? I'm so scrambled.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
About 25 years ago we had a female room mate that had a prophylactic double because she had BRCA and all of the females in her family line got cancer. Can't remember how many drains she had. Enough that we called her squid (affectionate teasing).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
CM, you are so brave and inspirational ...

You've got more balls than I'll ever have!

Heart
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Wow. A radical double mastectomy. I was just going to post a picture of my guitar gear (including my new amp) and bitch about the fact that I'm still recovering from a first-degree burn on my picking hand (from a potato-mashing-related incident), but, then again, I should be grateful that the worst thing I had to do was keep finding ice packs for my hand.

With all the shit you're going through, up to and including having your tits removed, let's hope this cancer treatment ends up going well. Almost five years ago, guitarist Wilko Johnson was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer (with a maximum of 10 months to live.) He's still kicking ass today.

Here's him talking about kicking cancer's ass:

And here's him just generally kicking ass on the guitar:

Let Wilko be your insipration, Morgan.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131290 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 321 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 778 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2159 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2743 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one