Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
(April 4, 2018 at 7:01 am)ignoramus Wrote: Kitty. Where are you? Beautiful landscape! We're all jealous now!

I'm here at work .. you can come by Tongue

OOO YEAH, Costa Rica is just beautiful!! Maybe there is no historical monuments and things like that but nature is just unbelieveable, amazing!!! I didn't believe myself that I would ever see it all with my own eyes! Smile
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
(April 4, 2018 at 7:22 am)Whateverist Wrote: WOW!  I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica and now I want to go even more.  Love those heliconias and those .. somethings too.   Cool   

Looks like you had just a great time.  I used to be a fauna junky and wanted my own zoo, but that is terribly impractical and not great for the critters either.  But plants are just as amazing in the their own way and depending on where you live and what you want to grow it isn't too hard to make you and the denizens of your garden happy.  Unfortunately only a couple of heliconias can be grown in my area outside a hot house.  But here are a couple I saw in Hawaii.

So go ... go, go. Yes, I think Costa Rica is the perfect place for you... The vegetation is very beautiful there and so abundant... The landscapes are simply unearthly or maybe just earthly but unbelievable earthly...?

The walking palm trees made a big impression on me..

and ...supposedly the oldest plant some kind of fern ...

and other beautiful flora...
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
Everything about your pictures; landscape, flowers, you... all just absolutely stunning!
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(April 4, 2018 at 10:40 am)mlmooney89 Wrote: Everything about your pictures; landscape, flowers, you... all just absolutely stunning!

Thank you Mooney, you're benevolent, friendly and so cute  Heart  Cuddle
(April 4, 2018 at 10:38 am)KittyAnn Wrote:
(April 4, 2018 at 7:22 am)Whateverist Wrote: WOW!  I've always wanted to go to Costa Rica and now I want to go even more.  Love those heliconias and those .. somethings too.   Cool   

Looks like you had just a great time.  I used to be a fauna junky and wanted my own zoo, but that is terribly impractical and not great for the critters either.  But plants are just as amazing in the their own way and depending on where you live and what you want to grow it isn't too hard to make you and the denizens of your garden happy.  Unfortunately only a couple of heliconias can be grown in my area outside a hot house.  But here are a couple I saw in Hawaii.

So go ... go, go. Yes, I think Costa Rica is the perfect place for you... The vegetation is very beautiful there and so abundant... The landscapes are simply unearthly or maybe just earthly but unbelievable earthly...?

The walking palm trees made a big impression on me..

and ...supposedly the oldest plant some kind of fern ...

and other beautiful flora...

You sure saw a lot of cool plants.  I really liked the unusual ginger in the 9th picture under "other beautiful flora".  Their flowers are so interesting sculpturally.

And ferns have definitely been around longer than flowering plants, though the latter is the dominant plant form nowadays.  I noticed that fern in an earlier file.  I like the textural effect.

When can we go?   Tongue
As promised... pics. Before and after. 

So here's the before picture: 

[Image: rF3ryRr.jpg]

I cut six inches off her hair. Got rid of a lot of split ends and dry, damaged hair: 

I took this picture before I dried her hair for the next step. 

[Image: Fc32sDi.jpg]

I did what is called a Peek-a-boo technique, where the hair is sectioned at the crown and pulled up. Everything below that area is lightened to a level 10 blonde in preparation for the color. Below you can see the blonde at the bottom five inches of hair: 

[Image: 2SatUve.jpg]

The final result is the hidden color or Peek-a-boo color. The picture shows her as it would look worn either up or down. In this instance, I used Kenra Neon Lights. We were going for "Lava hair" so I used neon fuchsia at the root, I blended neon orange and neon yellow for the mid section and then alternated between neon yellow and neon orange at the tips: 

[Image: SRCvokA.jpg?1]

A view from the side: 

[Image: O57JJpU.jpg]

And finally... The use of the Neon Lights is so that your hair can literally glow under a black light. This is the result: 

[Image: RGkA9os.jpg]

This was a lot of fun and she loves it! She can't wait to show it off at school tomorrow Smile
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 4, 2018 at 5:48 am)KittyAnn Wrote: I've been trying to post holiday pics here from a month, but somehow I failed to do so.... so maybe now ... Tongue 

here you have
...some flora

...some fauna

...some views

...and some something Tongue

later I'll make update....after cutting my hair, but I have to get used to myself first Big Grin

Fantastic nature ! just wow !!
And a pretty looking gal
Tinker Bell fridge magnets are just wrong.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Lol are you referring to my fridge?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(April 5, 2018 at 7:59 am)Joods Wrote: Lol are you referring to my fridge?

Just checkin to see if you're paying attention and havin a little fun.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1189 131271 May 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  new member asswriter 8 320 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New member MistMuse 7 320 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 777 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 902 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 669 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1433 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1218 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2158 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2742 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one