Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 11:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
(November 9, 2018 at 11:35 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Paywall.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/09/trump-in...l-wsj.html
Trump absconds from Armistice event in France due to "bad weather"

Quote:A British minister has appeared to join growing criticism of US President Donald Trump's decision to miss a memorial event on Saturday due to rain.

Defence Minister Tobias Ellwood took an apparent swipe at the president on Twitter, saying "rain did not prevent our brave heroes from doing their job".

The US president is also opting to miss the Paris Peace Forum, which is run by his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron and starts on Sunday afternoon.

The criticism from Mr Ellwood, a former soldier, follows a scathing rebuke from Sir Nicholas Soames, a grandson of the wartime British leader Sir Winston Churchill.

The MP tweeted that Mr Trump was not fit to represent the US and said that he was "pathetic [and] inadequate" for not defying the weather "to pay his respects to the fallen".
(November 11, 2018 at 5:41 am)Editz Wrote: Trump absconds from Armistice event in France due to "bad weather"

Quote:A British minister has appeared to join growing criticism of US President Donald Trump's decision to miss a memorial event on Saturday due to rain.

Defence Minister Tobias Ellwood took an apparent swipe at the president on Twitter, saying "rain did not prevent our brave heroes from doing their job".

The US president is also opting to miss the Paris Peace Forum, which is run by his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron and starts on Sunday afternoon.

The criticism from Mr Ellwood, a former soldier, follows a scathing rebuke from Sir Nicholas Soames, a grandson of the wartime British leader Sir Winston Churchill.

The MP tweeted that Mr Trump was not fit to represent the US and said that he was "pathetic [and] inadequate" for not defying the weather "to pay his respects to the fallen".

I think Trump didn't attend because they also remembered the fallen who fought the Nazis. Trumps ideological heroes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 11, 2018 at 6:05 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think Trump didn't attend because they also remembered the fallen who fought the Nazis. Trumps ideological heroes.

Wrong war.

Of course, now that this has blown up, Trump is shifting the blame. He totally wanted to go, guys! We know it's true because Trump says it's true!
(November 14, 2018 at 8:44 pm)RobbyPants Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 6:05 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I think Trump didn't attend because they also remembered the fallen who fought the Nazis. Trumps ideological heroes.

Wrong war.

Of course, now that this has blown up, Trump is shifting the blame. He totally wanted to go, guys! We know it's true because Trump says it's true!

I forget which president it was, but I remember the secret service shitting their drawers when a president abandoned his motorcade to get closer to the crowds. Trump simply doesn't have the balls.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 11, 2018 at 5:41 am)Editz Wrote: Trump absconds from Armistice event in France due to "bad weather"

I on the other hand have stood in Rain , Sleet and  a thunderstorm and i'm not even the supposed commander of an army .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

He managed to turn Fox News against him and even weirder got them to team up with CNN in a lawsuit .

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-15/d...t/10498892
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Pence announced there will be a second Trump-Kim summit, although it sounds like it will be about as pointless as the first. Since the first summit involved a vague agreement that North Korea will denuclearize in an unspecified manner or time frame, the US wanted a disclose all sites and weapons. Korea refused, and now the plan is to make a plan to reach that disclosure.

So... the state of affairs is that North Korea will eventually get rid of its nuclear weapons in some unspecified number of years, and in the mean time, we will discuss whether or not they will tell us what they currently have, in some unspecified number of years. I'm sure Trump will claim this summit is a complete success, and that Korea has been 100% denuclearized, and demand a Nobel Peace Prize.
Does anyone else find it telling that Trump hasn’t said fuck all about The Central American Caravan Of The Apocalypse since the election

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 15, 2018 at 1:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Does anyone else find it telling that Trump hasn’t said fuck all about The Central American Caravan Of The Apocalypse since the election

Boru

It was predicted that that would happen.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 29217 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4884 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1095 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2639 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 27849 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 285223 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37009 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30576 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3191 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9755 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13