Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Texans
Damned Texans
This thread will be devoted to stupid, corrupt and criminal practices involving the biggest bunch of fucking retards in the country:  Texans.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/20...-cash.html

Quote:In Texas, courts turn truancy cases into cash

An in-depth look at the Dallas County courts where children as young as 12 are prosecuted as adults for truancy
RE: Damned Texans
I am a little puzzled here, and perhaps you can help me to understand this.  Isn't truancy something that only a minor is capable of committing?  If one is an adult, doesn't that mean that one is free to not attend school?  So how can one be tried for truancy as an adult?  Wouldn't that mean that one would simply dismiss the case as something irrelevant and impossible, like accusing a man of having illegally aborted a fetus in his own body?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
It's Texas, man.
(May 21, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I am a little puzzled here, and perhaps you can help me to understand this.  Isn't truancy something that only a minor is capable of committing?  If one is an adult, doesn't that mean that one is free to not attend school?  So how can one be tried for truancy as an adult?  Wouldn't that mean that one would simply dismiss the case as something irrelevant and impossible, like accusing a man of having illegally aborted a fetus in his own body?

You need to remember that a disturbing percentage of Texans -- judging by the idiocy that comes out of that state -- seem not to have advanced beyond grade school, so the confusion between minors and adults with regard to truancy is somewhat understandable.

Besides, if they prosecute the truants as adults, it makes it easier for Texas to indulge in one of their favorite pursuits: executing the little fuckers.  It's only a matter of time . . .
Shit, if I got charged with truancy as an adult when I was in high school, I'd still be in jail, but I pretty much had the same issues as the girl in the article. Dealing with mental health issues is hard enough, let alone having to do it surrounded by moronic Texans. My heart goes out to her, but I think a move is in order.

But given Texas' propensity for overzealous prosecution in the name of being "tough on crime" (read: self-righteousness), this doesn't surprise me.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Texas Town Bans Fracking....then Gets Fracked!

Oh, yeah....get government off our backs....unless it might cost the whores who run the oil companies a dollar.  Then FUCK Local Control!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/denton-t...ught-back/

Quote:Denton, Texas, banned fracking last year – then the frackers fought back

Scumbags.
Enjoy your superiority, folks.

Also, stay away from mirrors and maps.

Don't take it personally. There are plenty of great Texans, but let's face it, your government seems to stumble over itself by constantly trying to lower the bar.

And you are right, maps and mirrors. But I'd be all-in in a thread about how stupid Michiganders are.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
And I'm on record for excoriating the fine folks in my adopted state of Louisiana, just as I railed against Nevadans in earlier years.
Yeah, and we Arizonans keep trying to catch up with you.  But Texas is the leader in government-incited stupidity right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official "Damned Trump" Thread Foxaèr 4318 311943 December 8, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4435 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2399 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 25749 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 273680 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Racists Minimalist 249 47026 December 8, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Damned Depolorable Drumpfucks Minimalist 104 10919 November 8, 2016 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Damned FOX Minimalist 169 30376 October 15, 2016 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Damned Lawyers Minimalist 2 695 July 28, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Damned Trump the Crook Minimalist 14 6125 July 24, 2016 at 5:34 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter