Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
Just read that Trump is ordering everyone who works for him to ignore subpoenas.  How is that even possible?  I tried it once and some very nice gentlemen in blue suits with shiny brass buttons came to my flat and explained how these things worked.  I was just warming up to my rebuttal when they got the cuffs on.

Isn't ordering subordinates to ignore legal subpoenas the very definition of 'obstruction of justice'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 22, 2019 at 10:46 am)Jackalope Wrote:
(May 22, 2019 at 6:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Hard to believe that Fox News is wasting time on Mayor Pete. Fox is moving more and more to the losing (wrong) side in covering the Dems."
-- Trump

Hilarious

If this isn't an admission that Faux is the propaganda arm of the GOP - at least in Trump's mind I don't know what is.

And note that he has to say that the losing side is the wrong side.
(paraphrase) 'I will not work with Democrats until they stop investigating me.' - Donald Trump, abrogating his oath of office.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
'I am the most transparent president in history.' - Trump, admitting that we can see right through him.

Boru
[Image: D7d9cc-Uw-Ac-Dh-R0.jpg]

[Image: D7d9cc-Vs-AEXp71.jpg]

[Image: D7d9cc8-UIAA99-Xz.jpg]

[Image: D7d9cd-AUIAAs83c.jpg]
'A number of people. They have unsuccessfully tried to take down the wrong person...That's treason.' - Donald Trump, Stable Genius

Boru
(May 26, 2019 at 4:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 'A number of people. They have unsuccessfully tried to take down the wrong person...That's treason.' - Donald Trump, Stable Genius

Boru

Perhaps that would be considered treason under a monarchy, but not in the U.S.

"The United States Code at 18 U.S.C. § 2381 states: Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason

That sounds like Trump himself, so I guess he's projecting.  Opposition parties, investigations, and impeachment hearings are all entirely legal.
Quote:Trump's EPA wants to gut the Mercury and Air Toxic Standards (MATS), which protects children from toxic air pollutants like mercury and arsenic from power plants

WHEN COAL IS BURNED IN THE U.S., most of the mercury in the coal no longer spews into our air. This improvement is due to a 2011 federal rule that is now under attack by the Trump administration.

The Mercury and Air Toxics Standards rule, or “MATS” for short, was widely adopted by industry and has proven enormously successful at limiting dangerous air pollution. Trump’s Environmental Protection Agency, however, is determined to defy the old adage: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

The EPA’s acting administrator, Andrew Wheeler, is trying to undermine MATS and facilitate a lawsuit to eliminate it by his former industry clients.

https://earthjustice.org/features/what-y...-standards

Hey, what are the lives of children compared to the few coal companies CEOs putting few more dollars into their pockets. It's probably the trans kids who are going to die anyway and we all know they are the cause of downfall of the US just like they were the cause of downfall of ancient Rome, so it's win win situation.
Just serving the people

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner Made $82 Million While Working in The White House Last Year

http://fortune.com/2018/06/11/ivanka-tru...ite-house/

Kushner Companies Received Federal Loan of $800 Million

https://www.philly.com/politics/nation/k...90523.html
Damn Trump!

Officially!
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 29181 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4882 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1094 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2638 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 27839 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 284981 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37005 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30572 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3189 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9751 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13