Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 11:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
(September 3, 2020 at 6:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about. But he is accidentally correct to say that WWI was a pointless and evil event which wasted millions of lives. Huge numbers of people were suckered into supporting it by propaganda and stupid nationalism, and they died for no good reason. 

We should keep this in mind the next time we're asked to go die for the country.

Trump is a hypocrite to focus on WWI soldiers, since what he says about them is even more true of soldiers in the Bush/Obama/Trump wars. These wars have cost close to 6 trillion dollars, have ruined millions of lives, have made America less safe, and have just generally made the world a worse place. They have made a lot of money for certain corporations, however. Any soldier who has gone to one of these wars when he or she didn't absolutely have to is indeed a sucker -- tricked by corporate propaganda into risking (or losing) his own life for no good reason.

Recognizing this would make the continuation of such wars more difficult.
(September 4, 2020 at 6:43 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(September 3, 2020 at 6:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about. But he is accidentally correct to say that WWI was a pointless and evil event which wasted millions of lives. Huge numbers of people were suckered into supporting it by propaganda and stupid nationalism, and they died for no good reason. 

We should keep this in mind the next time we're asked to go die for the country.

Trump is a hypocrite to focus on WWI soldiers, since what he says about them is even more true of soldiers in the Bush/Obama/Trump wars. These wars have cost close to 6 trillion dollars, have ruined millions of lives, have made America less safe, and have just generally made the world a worse place. They have made a lot of money for certain corporations, however. Any soldier who has gone to one of these wars when he or she didn't absolutely have to is indeed a sucker -- tricked by corporate propaganda into risking (or losing) his own life for no good reason.

Recognizing this would make the continuation of such wars more difficult.

As for WWI, there was a draft in place and therefore only a legal deferral or illegal run for the border was the only way to get out of serving.  The people who served weren't really given a choice and there are those who thought that fighting for their country when called is the thing to do.

As for the years since the mid-70s when the draft was done away with, again, those who thought/think that fighting for their country is the right thing to do doesn't make them suckers.  Without a standing military the US would not have the defense it may need.

Maybe there is something within some people that made/makes them feel that fighting and potentially dying for their country is a worthwhile endeavor.  

I am perfectly fine with the time I spent in the service.  It was mutually beneficial.  The military filled a need for me and my family and I filled a need for the military.  The fact that I didn't die while in that service doesn't negate the fact that the possibility existed.  I knew it when I volunteered and raised my hand to be sworn in.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

[Image: Eg4flaHUMAACEDF.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Now Trump is saying he even phoned Melania back in Washington to say how disappointed he was that he couldn’t go to the military cemetery outside of Paris. In fact, Melania was with him in Paris. He just made up his alibi.

[Image: Trump-alibi.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
When in doubt, make shit up. If caught, say people are making shit up and they should stop making shit up.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up.
I don’t generally lend my support to unsubstantiated stuff, but seeing as it's Trump, imma get behind his reported reason for not going - he was worried the rain would muss up his hair.

Tangentially, anyone who isn’t aware of Belleau Wood should read up on it. Soldiering at its finest (no sarcasm).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 118833312_3269560893124099_3783679466550...e=5F79514F]
(September 5, 2020 at 7:10 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Tangentially, anyone who isn’t aware of Belleau Wood should read up on it. Soldiering at its finest (no sarcasm).

Boru

Right up there with Sugar Loaf Hill.
For the second time in three days, Trump has urged his supporters to vote twice. I sincerely hope they do, as the outcome can only be positive.

Some quick and admittedly shallow research by Yours Truly says that voting twice in the same election invalidates BOTH votes. So, every double vote for Trump is effectively a vote for Biden.

Furthermore, double voting is illegal in every state, and most states rank it as a Class IV felony, with penalties ranging from 6-18 months in prison and fines of up to $5000 (both of these vary by state). It’s the legal equivalent of the sexual abuse of a minor or grand theft auto (first offense).

And the icing on the cake is that convicted felons in the US lose the right to vote.

So, come on Trumpies - get out there! Vote early and vote often.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
At work.

In regards to the post above....

Won't evidence of such shenanigans, however, play into the paranoid mindset of such people about 'Democratic conspiacys' to rig the election against his Trumpy-ness?

America politics is sometimes confusing.

(For a definition of 'Confusing' that also has large levels of 'Stupid' plus 'Ignorance' blended in.... )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 29200 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4882 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1095 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2639 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 27840 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 285091 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37005 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30572 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3191 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9751 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13