Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White supremacists and counter protesters clash in Charlottesville
RE: White supremacists and counter protesters clash in Charlottesville
(August 14, 2017 at 12:33 pm)Mr.wizard Wrote:
(August 14, 2017 at 12:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: HOLY FUCKING SHIT...... Um the South supported slavery not the North, now you tell me how that is not a violation of the civil rights of blacks? Why the fuck are you so damned bent on supporting that?

I COULD GIVE A SHIT LESS if you are going to argue legality. Still a huge difference between legal and moral. PERIOD!

You think just because it wasn't a war with mass gassing of blacks makes it less cruel, because it wasn't Jews? GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP DEFENDING IT.

By your logic anyone who wants a Nazi flag on public property if enough people want it they should have one. NO AND FUCK YOU.

"Blacks were not gassed in ovens, so slavery was ok." Now if that is not what you defend then just admit the statues should not be there. 

There is absolutely no lagit reason for any promotion of slavery on public property outside a museum of what not to do with your fellow human beings. Otherwise I will assume you do support slavery, so if you don't just fucking drop your argument. I could give a shit less if you want to argue legality.
Brian fuck you, I have asked now for the 3rd time to stop misrepresenting my position you angry dishonest little prick. I know the south supported slavery, I was pointing out that our laws do not grant the right to put up only statues of union soldiers. Towns are allowed to display monuments of statues that relate to the history of the town the people can vote whether or not they want these statues and that is a process that I support. I do not support your position that is a part of history that is embarrassing or immoral it shouldn't be displayed or worse should be forced by law not to be displayed.

(August 14, 2017 at 12:25 pm)Kosh Wrote: Nah, that's not it at all.  In its simplest sense of the word, he was a traitor.   You don't see any statues of Jefferson Davis in DC?

Even if that is true..  Does that matter?  It almost makes it worse that he couldn't be bothered to stand up for what he thought was right regarding slavery.
I was referring to things like the Jefferson memorial and displays of the constitution which was signed by men who owned slaves and included no laws to protect against slavery.

You, "Mommy mommy, why cant we treat what the South did as equally as moral as what the North did?"

BECAUSE THE SOUTH SUPPORTED KEEPING SLAVERY FUCKFACE!

So you are right, but what the fuck does that have to do with the Civil War. You know what would have happened if the founders had pushed for Abolition, they would have either been drummed out of office or lynched. And yes some of the founders were Abolitionists. So the fuck what?

The Founders owned slaves yes no shit asshole. But we are not talking about the founders, we are talking about the side of a war that defended keeping slavery. The founders shouldn't have owned slaves either, so? That does not make what the South wanted in fighting to keep it moral.

Nobody is talking about justifying even the founders owning slaves so that is not an argument. And nobody is saying erase history. It still remains slavery was wrong. So was denying women the right to vote. So was genocide of native Americans. So was the internment of innocent Japanese during WW2.

"The Founders owned slaves too" is not an argument. No shit, and they were equally as wrong. 

FYI slavery ended in the majority of the North around the time Jefferson had died. Many of the founders were Abolitionists

The beginning of Abolition in the North began as early as 1777..... Advocates included Franklin and Paine.  By 1787 slavery was either outright banned or severely limited.  By 1808 the importation of slaves was outright banned. Point being, the beginning of the end to slavery STILL started in the North. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolitioni...ted_States
(August 14, 2017 at 1:24 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Trump finally calls out the Nazis.

Quote:Donald Trump has finally condemned the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists, calling them “criminals and thugs” and saying: “Racism is evil.”
Trump caused outrage when, after one person was killed and 19 injured when a car drove into protestors opposing a Far Right rally in Virginia, he condemned violence on “both sides”.
At a hastily convened press conference on Monday where he took no questions, Trump said the Far Right groups were “repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans”.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/do..._hp_ref=uk

Two days too late, and he obviously didn't want to.

(August 14, 2017 at 12:45 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Quote from President Lincoln:

Quote:“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

I mean, we may as well take down his statues too if we're gonna be taking down Lee.

President Lincoln was speaking of egalitarianism with blacks in that statement, not slavery.  Indeed, the very next sentences are:

Quote:"I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied every thing. I do not understand that because I do not want a negro woman for a slave I must necessarily want her for a wife. My understanding is that I can just let her alone. I am now in my fiftieth year, and I certainly never have had a black woman for either a slave or a wife. So it seems to me quite possible for us to get along without making either slaves or wives of negroes."

Lincoln's position was that while blacks and white weren't equal as people, that slavery was still abhorrent.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I've seen hostage videos that were more sincere that what the WLB just spewed out.
(August 14, 2017 at 1:24 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Trump finally calls out the Nazis.

Quote:Donald Trump has finally condemned the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists, calling them “criminals and thugs” and saying: “Racism is evil.”
Trump caused outrage when, after one person was killed and 19 injured when a car drove into protestors opposing a Far Right rally in Virginia, he condemned violence on “both sides”.
At a hastily convened press conference on Monday where he took no questions, Trump said the Far Right groups were “repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans”.

You know why, right? Because even FOX News made him look bad by posting this graphic:

[Image: DHJa42JXkAEmYAX.jpg]

I'm sure he wouldn't have otherwise.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(August 12, 2017 at 12:30 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Incredibly, white supremacists carrying torches rallied last night around a statue of Robert E. Lee. The only things missing were a burning cross and shouts for a lynching. I see we in the US haven't progressed at all the last century.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/us/wh...pe=article

-Teresa

Two steps forward, three steps back I am afraid. Sad

(August 12, 2017 at 1:41 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(August 12, 2017 at 12:04 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Wait, wait, wait -- I know for sure it was only the radical left that clashed with police. Everyone know the radical right are well-behaved, upstanding citizens!

If they are obstructing roads surely we can just plough them down..I'm sure I saw that somewhere!

You know how the right keep saying they aren't actually on the side of the Nazis.

And the they carry around swastikas?

American Alt right are doing it today, turn on the news and you will see supporters of the right doing it now.

I do remember seeing on the news a few red-capped "Make America Great Again" among the bigot crowd in Charlottesville. Tried finding some examples online but failed. Anyone got examples?

(August 12, 2017 at 3:39 pm)c172 Wrote: Trump's on ABC and CNN right now, speaking about this.

Hatred and violence "on many sides"

That just simply glazed my eyes. He wouldn't call them out because simply Cheetoh-head has some supporters among the Alt-Right and white nationalists. Angry

(August 12, 2017 at 6:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Plus he talked about the VA and unemployment numbers and then ran out of the room.

He's a piece of shit with legs.

I agree with that assessment one hundred per cent.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
(August 14, 2017 at 2:57 pm)Aegon Wrote:

You know why, right? Because even FOX News made him look bad by posting this graphic:

[Image: DHJa42JXkAEmYAX.jpg]

I'm sure he wouldn't have otherwise.

It looks like the editor of daily stormer is as big a loud mouthed idiot who shoots off his yapper with no conception of whether he is helping or hurting his friend, as his friend trump.

Who'd have thought trump had a twin?
(August 12, 2017 at 9:33 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 12, 2017 at 6:36 pm)Whateverist Wrote: A car deliberately runs into a crowd at 40 mph, killing one and maiming many more, and our Commandant & Thief paints the hatred and violence on both sides as equivalent.  Total.  Scum.

This is what the right does not get. I don't mean the far gone right, I mean the middle of the road economic right and swing voters. 

This isn't the same as riots after a cop shoots a black man. This is simply the far right holding the entire party hostage. The GOP has sold fear and bigotry for decades, then when they are met with opposition they try to paint the reaction as equal.

It should be about economics. There are poor rural whites too. There are white middle class struggling as well. But what the GOP has done successfully and unfortunately is convinced just enough of the economic right and religious right that their social order is being upset. That party wants us back to the days prior to desegregation.

There is no "equal" going on here. There is simply the GOP pandering to voting base that cannot accept that times have changed.

What the Right did not understand is that when you stir the pot you foment opposition, sometimes it can go so far as violent opposition. I am of the opinion that the Right has gone so far in trying to undo the progress we have made in America for so long and have vilified the Left and Progressives as being their bogey man that our only response to them is aggressive confrontation. And I think that is the only proper response to Conservatism, Dominionism, and Fascism. The time for trying to join hands with the Right Wing and sing kum-ba-ya has been long over. They are at war with us. Time to take them seriously and bring the war to them.
Frankly I never get the pride element . What are you proud of again

They were traitors

They were slavers at least there laws were pro slavery

They lost
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 13, 2017 at 8:58 am)A Theist Wrote:
(August 12, 2017 at 11:51 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Pfft. This is nobody's fault. These are supremacists having a hissy-fit; this is democracy in action.

Now, if it were a peaceful march on the mall in DC, it would of course be a threat to the Republic.

Go figure.

Yup. Just like the peaceful weenie roast that far left anarchists were having at Berkeley when they set public buildings on fire and destroyed private property because they didn't like conservative speakers coming to that campus. Or the Black Lives Matter gang demonstrating and chanting, pigs in a blanket. Fry'em like bacon, creating a hostile atmosphere that has influenced the murdering of police officers. I saw the president's comments on the white nationalist riots and murder yesterday. He condemned them in strong terms, much stronger than he condemned those riots by the far left anarchists at Berkeley and other campuses and the BLM  protestors encouraging cop killing. Now you fuckers are upset that Trump added in his statement that hatred needs to stop on all sides. You don't agree with that? Or do all you numb nuts fuckers hate Trump so much that no matter what he says or does it's not going to be good for you.

I definitely advise you to look in the mirror.
(August 12, 2017 at 12:34 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Probably should be giving gang wars in Chicago equally proportional coverage to the Charlottesville thing.

IOW, 1000 hours of Chicago for every hour of Charlottesville . . . .

QFT
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2863 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 22480 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4460 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2941 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 3020 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1155 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1700 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 1993 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  White supremacists protecting Churchill statue get 'that work' in UK Huggy Bear 50 3447 June 16, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  what white supremacists? Drich 150 10076 June 10, 2020 at 2:43 pm