Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all can be thankful
RE: We all can be thankful
I do not regret the thread but I am sad that some have found it a point to argue, it wasn't meant that way. I realize that North Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, what I didn't realize is that some here have nothing to be thankful for or at least they do not recognize they do. I find that a shameful attitude, why, because everyone here has more of one thing or another than others do. I also didn't mean that people had to be thankful for material things, there is so much more to our lives than the material. Too all those that responded with a positive attitude thank you and enjoy what you have for those who are sour pusses you need to re-evaluate your lives, I bet there are things you can be thankful for. As for all the countries that do not celebrate a day of thanksgiving I do not understand why you don't, being thankful isn't necessarily an American or Christian thing. Everyone should have a thankful heart for some reason, yes for me it's God and family and a better tomorrow and hey who isn't for a better tomorrow. Thanksgiving day is only one day, a day of remembrance of the good things in our lives through the entire year.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(November 23, 2017 at 12:01 am)KevinM1 Wrote: Point of order: Canada celebrates Thanksgiving, too.  In October.  So, it’s not just a US holiday.

Did not know that. Is it as big a deal in Canada as it is in the US?
Yep, I for one have more than my share of bills.

Can't stop Drunk Uncle from showing up and doing his thing, GC. And Grandma will be mortified if you hit him or toss his ass out.
So, meh...what are you gonna do? 

Watch the fireworks, and have some more pie. Big Grin
Wait a minute.  Who are we fooling?  How are we supposed to be thankful if we have Nobody to be thankful to?

Yeah, back to being thankful.

This was a very tough year for me. Very. There were times I thought I would lose it. No amount of therapy, meds, or food (yeah, I turned to food heh) was helping me. I was living in constant fear and panic.

I made it, though. The year isn’t even over yet and things are looking better. I’m thankful to my friends and family that didn’t give up. The ones that actually stuck by and didn’t get bored of watching me stuggle to breathe. I’m thankful to my parents for calling me even when they knew I’d most likely be asleep (slept most the year when not working) or drinking myself to sleep in my kitchen table. Thankful to my two kids, because on the days that I have them with me, I’m complete, sober, happy, full. Thankful to my boss, because she understood and didn’t kick me out when she’d look at my face and it was swollen, tired, depressed. Thankful to my cats for wrapping themselves around me in bed and making me feel loved. Thankful to this place for providing a place to vent.

(Looks around. Why does it feel like an acceptance speech? Someone hand me an award)  Tongue
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I'm thankful for my husband. We haven't been able to get pregnant again since losing our only child, despite me going through 2 surgeries and multiple fertility treatments. But he's still here and he won't leave me. And even though i dont have our child here to take care of and love on, I have him. He's everything.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 23, 2017 at 9:38 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(November 23, 2017 at 12:01 am)KevinM1 Wrote: Point of order: Canada celebrates Thanksgiving, too.  In October.  So, it’s not just a US holiday.

Did not know that. Is it as big a deal in Canada as it is in the US?

Pretty close, yeah: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

I learned of the Canadian version as a hockey fan. Announcers and Canadian born players tend to talk about it a lot in October.
This will be my first Thanksgiving without my mom. I am thankful for the time I had with her, and thankful for what she saved for me. I am thankful for all my friends who gave me so much support during her decline and after her death. These are really the days you tell them you love them and you hug them.

I am also thankful for having a place like this to vent.
(November 22, 2017 at 5:51 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: No. I will be wishing "Happy Thanksgiving" to those who deserve it TYVM. You forget that "Thanksgiving" is an american oddity celebrating a genocide.

No, thanks.

bold mine

Nice twist to fit your own fucked up agenda. So glad that you are holier than. 

It celebrates the 1621 harvest party when both attended. The genocide came much much later. 

And yeah, tell me how your country never committed genocide, or made a damn good attempt.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We all can be thankful II Godscreated 18 640 November 14, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Dragonfly
  Be thankful Godscreated 26 2576 November 27, 2015 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  All the ways we can ruin sex vorlon13 114 9951 September 26, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Thankful Godscreated 30 3490 November 27, 2014 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  What are you thankful for? Tea Earl Grey Hot 55 7250 November 29, 2013 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  You think you guys can help me out with a paper (of all religions/non-religion)? Annik 7 2622 August 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda