Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does science always upstage God?
RE: Why does science always upstage God?
alpha male Wrote:
Abaddon_ire Wrote:One fail for you. 

Prove me wrong.

So far we've seen that scientists can synthesize amino acids. That's it.

Mister Agenda Wrote:Proof that you can't die from irony....or is it hypocrisy, or a combination...I was not an English major.

Have you considered the title of the thread?

Have you considered whether you think anything that has not been specifically demonstrated to be true is actually the case? Have you considered that I don't have to take the title of the thread into account for every response I make in the thread?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I have already stated the defense of my position on other threads. And this one.

Genesis 1:1 has the Hebrew word bara translated as "created". Yet, bara means: to whittle or carve. It also has the meaning to "speak into existence". It is where we get the Hebrew magic word "abracadabra", which means something like: "I have said it and it shall come to pass as I have said". Other verses of the OT support that idea. I'll spare you the quote.

Now, in the area of vacuum mechanics, we have what I call zero point energy(there are about a dozen other names for it, another one is "plasma"). According to vacuum mechanics, the order of things ZPE - gas - liquid - solid. And whether gas liquid or solid, all things are from ZPE.

So, to defend my literal stand point, God bara ZPE to be universe, and everything else to exist, as gas liquid solid. No allegory.
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker. Well...she's not my girlfriend "yet".

I discovered a new vitamin that fights cancer. I call it ...B9

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

When does size truly matter? When it's TOO big!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
You're a shoe-in for a Nobel.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 5, 2018 at 4:16 pm)Khemikal Wrote: You're a shoe-in for a Nobel.
Do you really think so? Being silly. The argument so far is "no" as there is no God. *sigh*

Yet, it somewhat goes with that Big Bang thingy. Except I'm sure God's Word was not BANG! Although I haven't ruled out BAZINGA!

God and vacuum mechanics seems logical to me and no one argued against it.

I also invented a diet pill. It works great but had to quit taking it because of the side effects. Turns out my penis is larger and my hair grew back. And whoa! If you think my hair is nice!

I'm currently working on a new pill I call "Destenze". However...now my shoes don't fit.
Your perceptions are hardly the standard for what is or isn't logical.  Are you expecting an argument, or do you think it's required?  I don't argue with people who think that fairies paint the dew on morning flowers either - I just point and laugh.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There is lots of abiogenetic research going on, it's just not as sexy as physics, because biologists know it occurred and evolutionary biology is more helpful to us now.

Here are three relevant papers, there are loads more out there. Sadly lots are behind paywalls.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4568310/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4568310/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19444213
(January 7, 2018 at 10:26 am)Khemikal Wrote: Your perceptions are hardly the standard for what is or isn't logical.  Are you expecting an argument, or do you think it's required?  I don't argue with people who think that fairies paint the dew on morning flowers either - I just point and laugh.
I'm not trolling. I neither "expect" an argument nor require one. I just offered something up to people much smarter then me. I was curious what they would say. Having done many experiments with ZPE, I have learned many exciting things and have a long way to go. It's kinda like the contemporaries Einstein vs. Tesla: one made equations about it and one did stuff with it. They did not see eye to eye. Tesla said of Einstein: "He's a kind man who wishes to help".

However, the "no comment" concerning my suggestion speaks volumes. At least, can the vacuum mechanics of quantum physics explain much more then "BANG!"?

It speaks volumes of the perception that you're not qualified to judge whether what you're saying is actually the case. There are multiple plausible hypotheses for the origin of the universe. Unfortunately, we can't currently test to see which, if any, are the actual origin. Bud adding 'God' to 'vacuum mechanics' is, ironically perhaps, the same as adding nothing.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 21, 2017 at 3:20 am)ignoramus Wrote: Why cannot science objectively find just one example out of trillions, where we can say, yeah, that thing right there, it shouldn't happen like that but it does, repeatedly.
That thing goes against what is logical or possible in our universe.

They have this bizarre idea anything of God has to be out of the ordinary.

We have the beauty of a blue sky, but I think the light is too bright.
Science is humble. god is a barbaric, conceited, insolent clod!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 2239 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2720 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6682 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 5063 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why are angels always males? Fake Messiah 63 5685 October 9, 2021 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11167 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1379 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7350 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7036 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4842 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler