Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 12, 2018 at 10:53 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 4:48 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: He endorses genocide, incest, slavery, human sacrifice and all manner of cruelty and injustice in your magic book.

Have you not read the vile tome?

I read the Bible cover to cover and study it frequently.  The accusations you make are not warranted.  God allows evil to happen but He is not the author of evil, satan is.  You are just a hater of God.

Really? Then you agree that genocide, slavery, incest, human sacrifice and gross injustice are "moral"? Because bible god endorses all of those.
Therefore you must endorse them also. It's in your holey babble. Did you not notice? Do you want me to quote chapter and verse? Because I can if you wish. I have not so far, because I assumed you had read the risible fantasy, but apparently you have not. Say the word. I am good to go being apparently better versed in what the bible actually says as opposed to the cherry picked fragments you chose to "study".

(May 12, 2018 at 4:59 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: OK now you are flat out lying. Science does not trace DNA back to a single couple at all.

Mitochondrial Eve is the MRCA matrineally. It is not one individual but changes over time.

Y-Chromosomal Adam is the MRCA patrineally. Again it is not one individual but changes over time.

Neither of them could possibly have ever met.

That is not a fact.  They could have met.

Minimum 10,000 years apart and they could have met? Seriously? And what happens when MRCA Adam and Eve change to different individuals? They must also have met somehow? Do you not understand that each of these are not individuals but a series of different individuals? Wow, your ignorance is astonishing.

(May 12, 2018 at 5:23 am)pocaracas Wrote: Cool!

Here's one simple example with a particular virus:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...152743.htm
""
To conduct their experiment, Meyer, Lenski and their colleagues cultured a virus -- known as "bacteriophage lambda" -- capable of infecting E. coli bacteria using two receptors, molecules on the outside of the cell wall that viruses use to attach themselves and then infect cells.

When the biologists supplied the virus with two types of cells that varied in their receptors, the virus evolved into two new species, one specialized on each receptor type.

"The virus we started the experiment with, the one with the nondiscriminatory appetite, went extinct. During the process of speciation, it was replaced by its more evolved descendants with a more refined palette," explained Meyer.

Why did the new viruses take over?

"The answer is as simple as the old expression, 'a jack of all trades is a master of none'," explained Meyer. "The specialized viruses were much better at infecting through their preferred receptor and blocked their 'jack of all trades' ancestor from infecting cells and reproducing. The survival of the fittest led to the emergence of two new specialized viruses."
""

Now in a particular species of fruit flies, still going, in the wild!
https://www.natureworldnews.com/articles...pecies.htm
""
For their study, biologists from Rice University, the University of Notre Dame, Michigan State University, the University of Iowa and the University of Florida closely traced the evolutionary changes in the fruit flies' feeding and mating habits. Currently, Rhagoletis is in the act of evolving into two species as the result of differently timed fruiting cycles among apple trees. By examining the effects of this speciation beyond Rhagoletis, researchers found that three species of parasitic wasps are also affected by the change.

Researchers came to that conclusion after collecting wasps from different fruit fly host plant environments in the wild. In doing so, they found that all three wasp species were also undergoing speciation, or diverging into two new species. When this happens, a species' behavior, physiology and genetics are all altered.

"The new study extends the earlier work by showing that new fruit fly species provide suitable habitat not just for one new parasitoid species, but for multiple new species," James Smith, co-author of the study and an entomologist from Michigan State, said in a statement.  

This domino effect may help researchers better understand why certain organisms, such as plants and insects, are more diverse than others.
""

How about some bacteria?
https://medium.com/hhmi-science-media/in...9926b0bb7d
""
Over the course of their experiment, the Lenski team has seen some exciting changes arise. In one extreme example, they observed the evolution of a brand-new trait: the ability to digest a new type of food.

The experiment started with 12 slightly different populations, or strains, of E. coli, that all initially arose from a single cell and all used glucose present in broth as their sole carbon source for energy. The scientists grew these strains in broth that contained only a little glucose, but (for technical reasons) happened to have a lot of citrate. Citrate is similar to glucose, but none of the E. coli strains could metabolize citrate the way they did glucose. In the low-glucose environment, these microbes were starving.

About 31,000 generations later, 11 of 12 strains still relied solely on glucose for energy to reproduce, but one strain developed the ability to eat citrate too. Consequently, these citrate-using bacteria were able to grow much better in the glucose-poor/citrate-rich media than their 11 sibling strains.
"

On the same study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5541568/
""
Our results demonstrate substantial evolutionary change in the stoichiometry of E. coli cells over time (figure 1). The average C : P ratio decreased by 14% and the average C : N ratio decreased by 6% during the 50 000-generation experiment. Because the evolved and ancestral bacteria were grown under identical conditions, our measurements reflect only evolved, heritable changes. Previous work has shown that E. coli cells also exhibit a plastic response to variation in nutrient supply, with their C : P ratio decreasing approximately 25% in response to a reduced C : P supply ratio, while the C : N supply ratio was held constant and the C : N ratio in biomass did not change [44]. The time scale of our experiment, while long in comparison to other laboratory experiments, is extremely brief in the context of Earth's history. Overall, our results indicate that evolutionary changes in stoichiometry can occur over a period of years or decades, and these evolved changes can be of similar scope to short-term physiological responses.

As predicted given the carbon-limited medium, we observed significant declines in both the C : N and C : P ratios of the bacterial biomass. However, there was no evidence of direct selection for elemental sparing, because the proportion of carbon (which was the limiting element) in biomass did not change. Rather, the declines in the C : N and C : P ratios resulted from increases in the proportions of both nitrogen and phosphorus in the bacteria. These increases might reflect a relaxation of prior selection for elemental sparing of nitrogen and phosphorus. However, we cannot distinguish the direct effect of selection due to low carbon, high nitrogen and high phosphorus from the indirect effects of selection favouring other traits in the evolution experiment. For example, some portion of the stoichiometric changes that we observed might simply be correlated responses to selection for larger cell size [45], faster growth rate [31] or other traits.

The exceptionally high C : N and C : P ratios of the evolved clone from the citrate-consuming lineage, which had access to approximately 10 times more carbon than any other population [34], provide some evidence that the declines in the C : N and C : P ratios in the other populations were beneficial specifically under the very low C : N and C : P supply ratios of the LTEE. However, the higher relative carbon content of the citrate-consuming clone is not necessarily itself strictly an evolutionary response. Instead, the citrate consumer's higher carbon content might also be, in whole or in part, a plastic physiological response to the higher carbon availability that it experiences as a result of its evolved ability to consume citrate.

Given the carbon-limited conditions of the LTEE, one might reasonably expect that the strongest selection on the bacteria would be to reduce the carbon in their biomass. However, increases in the bacteria's nitrogen and phosphorus content drove the changes in the C : N and C : P ratios, while there was no significant change in the percentage of carbon in the biomass. Taken at face value, this finding suggests that the proportion of carbon in biomass may be less evolutionarily flexible than the proportions of nitrogen and phosphorus. Alternatively, similar absolute changes in carbon content may be more difficult to detect because carbon makes up a much larger portion of the biomass.
""

The bacteria is still bacteria and the fruit fly is still a fruit fly.
Why can the different species of fruit fly not interbreed? And what about ring species? Explain those.

Seriously, lay down that shovel. the hole is only going to get bigger.
(May 12, 2018 at 11:07 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 10:53 am)CDF47 Wrote: The bacteria is still bacteria and the fruit fly is still a fruit fly.

And Cdf47 is still a moron.   Some kinds indeed could never change.    But most kinds did better.

Take your insults and shove them up your a**.  You are real tough behind a keyboard and mouse.

It is called adaptation which is still microevolution.
(May 12, 2018 at 11:22 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 11:07 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: And Cdf47 is still a moron.   Some kinds indeed could never change.    But most kinds did better.

Take your insults and shove them up your a**.  You are real tough behind a keyboard and mouse.

Jerkoff  

Is the transition from jerking off with your little willie to centerfold of playboy, to jerking off with a crucifix to the bible adaption and microecolution?  Or are these macroevolution because they are different kinds of jerk offs?
It's getting real in here.
(May 12, 2018 at 11:21 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 10:53 am)CDF47 Wrote: I read the Bible cover to cover and study it frequently.  The accusations you make are not warranted.  God allows evil to happen but He is not the author of evil, satan is.  You are just a hater of God.

Really? Then you agree that genocide, slavery, incest, human sacrifice and gross injustice are "moral"? Because bible god endorses all of those.
Therefore you must endorse them also. It's in your holey babble. Did you not notice? Do you want me to quote chapter and verse? Because I can if you wish. I have not so far, because I assumed you had read the risible fantasy, but apparently you have not. Say the word. I am good to go being apparently better versed in what the bible actually says as opposed to the cherry picked fragments you chose to "study".

(May 12, 2018 at 10:53 am)CDF47 Wrote: That is not a fact.  They could have met.

Minimum 10,000 years apart and they could have met? Seriously? And what happens when MRCA Adam and Eve change to different individuals? They must also have met somehow? Do you not understand that each of these are not individuals but a series of different individuals? Wow, your ignorance is astonishing.

(May 12, 2018 at 10:53 am)CDF47 Wrote: The bacteria is still bacteria and the fruit fly is still a fruit fly.
Why can the different species of fruit fly not interbreed? And what about ring species? Explain those.

I have read the Bible.  I don't need a rehashing from some random guy on the Internet with the devil's username.  

You don't know for sure how many years apart they are.  I know it doesn't prove to be Adam and Eve but it does prove descendants of one man and one woman.

The fruit fly is still a fruit fly.  The ape is still an ape.  The human is still a human.

(May 12, 2018 at 11:24 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 11:22 am)CDF47 Wrote: Take your insults and shove them up your a**.  You are real tough behind a keyboard and mouse.

Jerkoff  

Is the transition from jerking off with your little willie to centerfold of playboy, to jerking off with a crucifix and bible adaption and microecolution?  Or are these different kinds of jerk offs requiring macroevolution?

You are sick in the head.  You should get that thing checked out.
(May 12, 2018 at 11:22 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 11:07 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: And Cdf47 is still a moron.   Some kinds indeed could never change.    But most kinds did better.

And if you add lots of "micro-evolutionary" changes what do you get?

You still have not noticed that the whole "micro"/"macro" thing is a false distinction created for no other reason than to sway the gulllible. 

There is a reason why pastors and priests refer to "flocks" and "sheep". You are expected to blindly follow along and so you do. Meekly.

Speaking personally, were I to die and end up unexpectedly at the imaginary pearly gates, with absolute proof of the christian god, I would still reject him as the thug he is. And I would cite you as supporting evidence. Your god has screwed you over and knew it. Why? Because I have moral fibre, something you apparently lack. After all, you think slavery is moral. Human sacrifice is moral, ete, etc. You have accepted it because your "shepherds" told you so and you swallowed the lie hook line and sinker.
Is Mr Inquisition still being a PRATT? I've lost all interest in his repeating the same debunked nonsense over and over and over and asserting he is right.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 12, 2018 at 11:38 am)Wololo Wrote: Is Mr Inquisition still being a PRATT? I've lost all interest in his repeating the same debunked nonsense over and over and over and asserting he is right.

I pity the lost hours from productive lives wasted engaging this unchanging eternal moron.
(May 12, 2018 at 11:29 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 11:21 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Really? Then you agree that genocide, slavery, incest, human sacrifice and gross injustice are "moral"? Because bible god endorses all of those.

I have read the Bible.  I don't need a rehashing from some random guy on the Internet with the devil's username.  
Funny enough, my username appears in Revelations 9:11. I score a twofer. Annoy the god cranks and the 911 cranks in a single blow.

Apparently you have not read the bible.

Simple question. Is slavery moral. Yes or no?

Is it morally right to own other people as property? Yes or no?

Let the dodging commence.

(May 12, 2018 at 11:29 am)CDF47 Wrote: You don't know for sure how many years apart they are.  I know it doesn't prove to be Adam and Eve but it does prove descendants of one man and one woman.

The fruit fly is still a fruit fly.  The ape is still an ape.  The human is still a human.

Humans are apes.
(May 12, 2018 at 11:29 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 11:24 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Jerkoff  

Is the transition from jerking off with your little willie to centerfold of playboy, to jerking off with a crucifix and bible adaption and microecolution?  Or are these different kinds of jerk offs requiring macroevolution?

You are sick in the head.  You should get that thing checked out.
You think it is not sick to believe in magic? and a magic man in the sky? And a magic man in the sky that endorses human sacrifice?

But a different species of each.

Or are you going to tell me that there is only one species of bacteria on Earth, as well as only one species of Fruit Fly?
Don't change the meaning of words, now!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey