Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 15, 2018 at 10:34 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It's actually amazing to me seeing the machines operate.
Sure, it;s amazing, but its not god jiggling levers or inserting genes or structures.  God, if there is a god..is clearly bigger than that.  If you want to comment on his handiwork, you'll have to accept the reality of that handiwork - and that reality demonstrably excludes ID. In the case of genetics..whatever pressure god applies is so subtle that it's not detectable. Now that, is a neat trick..in ways that playing dr. moreau with a flagellum just isn;t.

Quote:I don't get it.  ID is true and the Lord allowed us to discover these things.  How is that sinful?
A faithful person would understand that blaspheming against god is sinful.  ID is -worse- if there is a god..since it;s not just a common con, but a hellbound trap for unfortunates like you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 15, 2018 at 10:42 pm)Kit Wrote: [Image: 3zruc4b3fvbqzmmxqghq0woad424631058.jpg]

Who's that.

(May 15, 2018 at 10:43 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:No, you are smearing their good names.

Nope they did that themselves by lying and spreading misinformation .

Quote: It's obvious. 
Nope far from obvious . 

Quote: I should do the same for Dawkins and Shermer.
Knock yourself out .

They were divinely inspired.  The 40 writers had various professions and wrote the Bible over 3500 years.  The is as if it was written by one great mind.

(May 15, 2018 at 10:45 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 10:34 pm)CDF47 Wrote: It's actually amazing to me seeing the machines operate.
Sure, it;s amazing, but its not god jiggling levers or inserting genes or structures.  God, if there is a god..is clearly bigger than that.  If you want to comment on his handiwork, you'll have to accept the reality of that handiwork - and that reality demonstrably excludes ID.  In the case of genetics..whatever pressure god applies is so subtle that it's not detectable.  Now that, is a neat trick..in ways that playing dr. moreau with a flagellum just isn;t.

Quote:I don't get it.  ID is true and the Lord allowed us to discover these things.  How is that sinful?
A faithful person would understand that blaspheming against god is sinful.  ID is -worse- if there is a god..since it;s not just a common con, but a hellbound trap for unfortunates like you.

I believe it God involved with the entire process, including the creation of entire new species.  Subtle chains, like, a changing a T to G, in the genome to adapt the creature better to its environment is actually pretty incredible.

I understand blaspheming is a sin.  ID is great science in my opinion.
Quote:They were divinely inspired.  The 40 writers had various professions and wrote the Bible over 3500 years.  The is as if it was written by one great mind.
Nope the real history  of the bible shows a highly conflict constantly infighting cult . Made up persons . Politics .It's a messy absurd book of zero merit .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 15, 2018 at 11:48 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I believe it God involved with the entire process, including the creation of entire new species.  Subtle chains, like, a changing a T to G, in the genome to adapt the creature better to its environment is actually pretty incredible.
-and you can continue to believe that while simultaneously understanding that ID is junk psuedo-science that has nothing to do with whatever or however god is really doing whatever it does.

Put bluntly, it is an insult to the god you believe in to be attached to that trash.

Quote:I understand blaspheming is a sin.  ID is great science in my opinion.
Your opinion is irrelevant.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 16, 2018 at 12:10 am)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:They were divinely inspired.  The 40 writers had various professions and wrote the Bible over 3500 years.  The is as if it was written by one great mind.
Nope the real history  of the bible shows a highly conflict constantly infighting cult . Made up persons . Politics .It's a messy absurd book of zero merit .

No, it is not.
Quote:I believe it God involved with the entire process, including the creation of entire new species.  Subtle chains, like, a changing a T to G, in the genome to adapt the creature better to its environment is actually pretty incredible.
It's also total horse shit .

Quote:No, it is not.
Yup a messy book of human writing filled with the politics of people and cults .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 16, 2018 at 12:17 am)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:I believe it God involved with the entire process, including the creation of entire new species.  Subtle chains, like, a changing a T to G, in the genome to adapt the creature better to its environment is actually pretty incredible.

No, you are just enslaved to your atheist agenda.

(May 16, 2018 at 12:17 am)Tizheruk Wrote:

Quote:No, it is not.
Yup a messy book of human writing filled with the politics of people and cults .

It is not a cult and the book was inspired by God Himself.
Quote:No, you are just enslaved to your atheist agenda.
Nope no such thing exists 

Quote:
It is not a cult and the book was inspired by God Himself.
Nope it's the messy writing of of varied mystery cults written totally by men some totally dishonest .

Inuit Proverb

Behe?

You may as well cite Ken Ham as an expert on dinosaurs.

Behe and his organisation couldn't even convince a conservative Christian judge that ID wasn't creationism by another name!
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 15, 2018 at 6:03 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 8:36 am)mh.brewer Wrote: CFD47, why did your designer incorporate defects?

I believe in the fall of man.  I believe in the Christian God of the Bible.  We are designed to grow old and die and be flawed.

Woah! You mean Adam and Eve were designed to be flawed before they ate the apple? So there was no choice in doing so then and your god deliberately set up a system whereby billions of people would suffer in Hell for eternity? Your god is amazingly evil.

(May 15, 2018 at 6:49 pm)CDF47 Wrote: A software engineer know it takes a programmer to write a code.  They see a code in DNA and know it didn't write itself.  It's that intuitive.

As I said before multiple times now, it is possible to evolve code without having to program it. You really don't take anything in do you?

(May 15, 2018 at 10:45 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
Sure, it;s amazing, but its not god jiggling levers or inserting genes or structures.  God, if there is a god..is clearly bigger than that. 

Not according to CDF47. God apparently designs each new snowflake falling around the world when he could easily have all snowflakes the same.

Think about how many snowflakes there are being formed and falling in the world at any one time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey