Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Quote:Horus was associated with the sun:

https://www.ancient.eu/Horus/

Ra is also a sun god
Your point is irrelevant

Bottom line their is as good a case for pagan myths are yours . So using the historic argument fails to legitimize your stories . Christian bias all the way down .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:23 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Sure..sure, whenever you're flat wrong about something you actually meant something else.  I believe you.

Horus wasnt a sun god either.........................

Horus was associated with the sun:

Ra is also a sun god.

Quote:For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Is this "association" also a problem for you?  
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 16, 2018 at 11:30 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:

Ra is also a sun god
Your point is irrelevant

Bottom line their is as good a case for pagan myths are yours . So using the historic argument fails to legitimize your stories . Christian bias all the way down .

Actually, Mesopotamian creation myths make a lot more sense than the later shit concocted by an insignificant tribe of goat herders.
(May 16, 2018 at 11:29 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:06 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The pagan myths are about gods that live inside this universe.  The God I worship created the heavens and the earth; i.e., the universe.  The pagan gods are false gods and did not perform the miracles they were accounted to.
1. Nope not all pagan gods are inside the universe . Nor does begin so make them false .

2. Not all gods need to creator gods to be legit that's just christian bias 

3. The pagan gods are every bit as evidenced as your favorite myth . 

So you didn't refute his point you just said my god is right because i say so .

I know not all of them are inside the universe.  The ones that weren't have fairy tale creation stories like the Norse myth.

Science shows the universe and living systems were created.  Thus, we need a God that creates from outside the universe.  A transcending God.

No, they're not.

Yes, I did.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: No, I do not believe in pagan gods.  Their creation stories are like fairy tales.

So are yours.  That's the point.

Publius Cornelius Tacitus reported that emperor Vespasian restored sight to a blind man and the use of a hand to a cripple.  Doubtless, you discount those stories while accepting nearly identical bible tales because they are written in your supposedly holy book?

I'm sure you cannot comprehend that you sound like a fool.

No, I believe in the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis (http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/day-age.html).

True, I accept the Bible as the inspired word of God.

Thanks for your vote of confidence.
Quote:I know not all of them are inside the universe.  The ones that weren't have fairy tale creation stories like the Norse myth.
Their no more fairytalish then your magic fable 

Quote:Science shows the universe and living systems were created.  Thus, we need a God that creates from outside the universe.  A transcending God.
No they don't not even remotely . 

Quote:No, they're not.
Yes they are 

Quote:Yes, I did.
No they did not

Quote:No, I believe in the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis (http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/day-age.html).
Polishing a turd does not make it not a turd . 

Quote:True, I accept the Bible as the inspired word of God.
Then your not very bright 

Quote:Thanks for your vote of confidence.
Tongue
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 16, 2018 at 11:30 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:

Ra is also a sun god
Your point is irrelevant

I don't have Christian bias.  Again, the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis is what I follow for creation.  I believe in a personal God.  I believe God provides new information into our genetics to create new creatures, including humans.  

Christianity is also the only religion that says you cannot save yourself.  Only God's Son can save you through His atoning works.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:35 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Horus was associated with the sun:

Ra is also a sun god.

Quote:For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Is this "association" also a problem for you?  

No, because the creation account is given and it is clear in the Scriptures that God transcends this universe.  He is not a sun god like Ra and Horus.
Quote:I don't have Christian bias

Yes you do 

Quote:.  Again, the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis is what I follow for creation.

Does not matter it's just as absurd 

Quote:  I believe in a personal God.
Don't care just as absurd 

Quote:  I believe God provides new information into our genetics to create new creatures, including humans.  
Rubbish 

Quote:Christianity is also the only religion that says you cannot save yourself. 
That's not true and even if it were that's not a credit to it .

Quote: Only God's Son can save you through His atoning works.
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:No, because the creation account is given and it is clear in the Scriptures that God transcends this universe.  He is not a sun god like Ra and Horus.
Absurd

Inuit Proverb

(May 16, 2018 at 11:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:30 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Your point is irrelevant

Actually, Mesopotamian creation myths make a lot more sense than the later shit concocted by an insignificant tribe of goat herders.

No, they don't.  Just more ancient myth.  The writers of the Bible were not all goat herders.  The 40 authors had many different professions over a 3500 year period.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:41 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:I know not all of them are inside the universe.  The ones that weren't have fairy tale creation stories like the Norse myth.
Their no more fairytalish then your magic fable 

Quote:Science shows the universe and living systems were created.  Thus, we need a God that creates from outside the universe.  A transcending God.

Quote:No, they're not.
Yes they are 

Quote:Yes, I did.
No they did not

Quote:No, I believe in the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis (http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/day-age.html).

Quote:True, I accept the Bible as the inspired word of God.

Quote:Thanks for your vote of confidence.
Tongue

Yes, they are.

Yes, they do.

No.

Yes.

The Day-Age Interpretation is a good interpretation of Genesis OEC.

Sorry, if you feel that way.

N/A

(May 16, 2018 at 11:48 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:I don't have Christian bias

Yes you do 

Quote:.  Again, the Day-Age Interpretation of Genesis is what I follow for creation.

Quote:  I believe in a personal God.

Quote:  I believe God provides new information into our genetics to create new creatures, including humans.  
Rubbish 

Quote:Christianity is also the only religion that says you cannot save yourself. 

Quote: Only God's Son can save you through His atoning works.
Blah Blah Blah

Quote:No, because the creation account is given and it is clear in the Scriptures that God transcends this universe.  He is not a sun god like Ra and Horus.
Absurd

No.

No, it's not.

No, it's not.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

N/A

Not absurd.
(May 16, 2018 at 11:49 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 16, 2018 at 11:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Actually, Mesopotamian creation myths make a lot more sense than the later shit concocted by an insignificant tribe of goat herders.

No, they don't.  Just more ancient myth.  The writers of the Bible were not all goat herders.  The 40 authors had many different professions over a 3500 year period.

(May 16, 2018 at 11:41 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Their no more fairytalish then your magic fable 

Yes they are 

No they did not

Tongue

Yes, they are.

Yes, they do.

No.

Yes.

The Day-Age Interpretation is a good interpretation of Genesis OEC.

Sorry, if you feel that way.

N/A

(May 16, 2018 at 11:48 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Yes you do 

Rubbish 

Blah Blah Blah

Absurd

No.

No, it's not.

No, it's not.

No, it's not.

Yes, it is.

N/A

Not absurd.

We will take your word for it and all become believers, but first you put on that jacket with the sleeves sewn across the front, and then follow these kind god fear gentlemen into the nice quiet padded room there.
Quote:Yes, they are.
No they are not

Quote:Yes, they do.
No they are not

Quote:No.
Yes

Quote:Yes.
No

Quote:The Day-Age Interpretation is a good interpretation of Genesis OEC.
No it's not it's bullshit 

Quote:Sorry, if you feel that way.
I don't feel that way . I know it's the case .

Quote:N/A
It very much is

Quote:No.
Yes 

Quote:No, it's not.
Yes it is 

Yes it is 

Yes it is 

Quote:Yes, it is.
No it's not 

Quote:N/A
It very much is 

Quote:Not absurd.
Yes it is totally absurd .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey