Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 13, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 12:02 pm)Everena Wrote: No one has up until now, and that is the whole reason they wrote the article, if you had taken the time to actually read it.... Quantum biology has only emerged over the past two decades and what the arrticle also said is that "it is a matter of when, not if"

I disagree.  Quantum physics simply does not work that way.  Its effects are at small scales, and they don't even scale up in macroscopic physics.

It's a sure sign that someone is engaging in magical thinking and sloppy pseudoscience when they attach the word 'quantum' to make some idiotic what-if-ism sound scientific and cutting-edge.

I'm no expert, but my understanding is that there is no obstacle in principle to such effects scaling up, it's just that probability bottoms out when you do, and so observing such effects is more difficult.

If there were, it would be rather peculiar for any scientist to be looking for such things.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 12, 2018 at 11:52 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 3:38 pm)Everena Wrote: I'm just going to keep asking atheists this until someone gives me an answer. What force of nature would care if we had a sex drive and a will to live? The force of nothing with no intelligence?

You just keep asking, sweetie. Your question demonstrates very clearly, you have no clue about how science or biology works. 
Organisms EVOLVED. Species with better ways to reproduce, and survival instincts survived better. 
I knows those are deep complicated ideas for you, but you'll get it some day. Maybe. 
Your questions are those freshman high school kids have the answers to.

First of all,  I spent my youth in a program for gifted children with high intelligence and I have a college education. I don't have trouble understanding anything and I am not your sweetie you sexist jerk. Evolution is a process that we discovered was happening (and the theory is still full of conjecture and speculation if you ever actually bother to delve into it)  Also, evolution is not the first cause of life, food, dna, or any drive that we devoloped during the process. It had to be a possibity initially in order for it to develop at all. Do you understand? 

(November 12, 2018 at 7:28 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 6:55 pm)Everena Wrote: Plants are classified as life, but they are not classified as conscious self aware life. Look it up. You lost the argument either way because why would they taste good and provide energy and keep us alive if no intelligence was involved? Sorry, you can't write that off to chance or luck no matter how much you may want to

You really are a scientific moron. 
SOME plants taste good. Some are poisonous. Animals evolved in their environments to use the energy sources available. 
You have it precisely backwards. It's neither chance nor luck, but is NOT the reason you claim. 
You never actually took any Biology or science did you ? 
What an ignoramus.

Oh am I the moron? LMFAO
Some plants don't taste good to us. We are not the only life on this planet consuming plants in case you had not noticed. And animals could not have evolved to use the energy sources available. They would have needed an energy source the entire time in order to stay alive!
(November 13, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Astreja Wrote: I disagree.  Quantum physics simply does not work that way.  Its effects are at small scales, and they don't even scale up in macroscopic physics.

It's a sure sign that someone is engaging in magical thinking and sloppy pseudoscience when they attach the word 'quantum' to make some idiotic what-if-ism sound scientific and cutting-edge.

As for your bare assertion that DNA could not have assembled itself, I disagree.  Recently a simple biological mechanism was found for assembly of RNA (IIRC, magnesium was a key player in that particular biochemistry).  DNA is next.  I expect to see your hypothesis debunked in my own lifetime.

You know whats fascinating about people arguing like Eve:

They arent convinced that quantum physics and relativity with their utterly counter intuitive mechanisms point towards a god. Their absurd scales: size of the quantum *world* and speed and energies involved in relativity. The fact that some elementary particles, Quarks can not share the same spot in space, while others, Bosons, can. That time runs slower when you move faster, that your mass increases when you move faster. That photons can behave like particles and like a wave. That the universe features objects, black holes, that probably are ripping apart the very fabric of space-time (that space-time are even related to each other sounds absolutely absurd, isnt it?). That, in fact the theories of relativity and quantum physics do not, yet, align in their results for a given problem, and we are in need to look for a unified theory. Faints etc., pp.

But they look at some critters out in their yard, their shape being guided by molecules, doing nothing very impressive at all when being compared to what i described above, following quite well understood (biochemical) laws of the macrocosmos, and cry: "Cant be natural, God did it!".

Its so mindblowing. Wacky

P.S.: And yes, the suggestion that objects the size of bacteria can experience quantum effects (as a whole object, not individual particles), and have already been observed to do so (which the quoted article explicitly did not say), shows that the according person really has no clue what he/she is talking about.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(November 13, 2018 at 12:30 pm)Everena Wrote: First of all,  I spent my youth in a program for gifted children with high intelligence and I have a college education. I don't have trouble understanding anything and I am not your sweetie you sexist jerk. Evolution is a process that we discovered was happening (and the theory is still full of conjecture and speculation if you ever actually bother to delve into it)  Also, evolution is not the first cause of life, food, dna, or any drive that we devoloped during the process. It had to be a possibity initially in order for it to develop at all. Do you understand? 

Nope nothing to understand. You clearly do not understand Evolution or how science or natural selection works. You clearly cannot understand an article about bacteria and entanglement AND you misinterpreted it to be talking about superposition.

I knew that "sweetie" would get you, sweetie. Thanks for falling for my little trap. But then you did just say that loving your sweetie was the highest goal of your life, so, guess who that makes a sexist jerk ? LOL

Any 6th Grader could tell you what's wrong about the crap you drool about food, DNA, "possibility" and all your other lame-brain bullshit.

Yes, you ARE a moron. A totally ignorant moron.
LMAO

Thanks for yet again demonstrating what a moron you are, and that you have not one clue how evolution or natural processes work.
Your assertions, BACKED UP WITH NOTHING, are the ranting of a wacko ignoramus, and are dismissed as the worthless bs they are.

Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 12, 2018 at 6:52 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: I get what you think about quantum mechanics, even if I disagree with it.

Everena: It doesn't matter what I think, or what you disagree with. What matters is what they can prove. According to the quantum biologist in the article I posted 3 times now, it is a matter of when, not if.

But setting that aside, I fail to see how even your own understanding of quantum mechanics leads you to think that it supports your specific beliefs.

Everena: It only does in theory, nothing has been proven conclusively regarding the multiverse theoy from qm or superposition in the macro world from qb. They are working on attempting to prove both with at least some degrre of certainity right now though, so we will see what comes about in time.

It would probably help if we knew what those specific beliefs were.  If it's that we can exist in two places at once as a superposition of quantum states, that in itself doesn't seem to lead to the type of beliefs that you've been putting forward.  

Everena: Yes it does. I believe our true selves exist in another universe and when we die here, we wake up there.

So as long as you're here, why don't you explain in what way you think these quantum effects support your beliefs.

I'd also like answers to my previous questions, unless of course you're just here to troll.

Everena: Can you copy and paste your previous questions in a reply to this? I have tried to answer all questions, so if I missed one please re-post it for me (or just tell me what page the questions are on if that is easier)

For what it's worth, I don't care if she is a sock.  It's a breath of fresh air compared to the mind numbing repetition of CDF47.  This too seems to be becoming something of a rut, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  I don't actually think she's a sock, but it wouldn't shock me if she were in some way related to Little Rik.

Everena: Thank you. I am just myself and I do not know any of the other people in this forum.
Everena, are you from rich state in USA?
What a fool.

Quote:What matters is what they can prove. According to the quantum biologist in the article I posted 3 times now, it is a matter of when, not if.

A claim about something they *might* find in the future is proof of nothing, dumbass.
Desperation much ?
LOL
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 12, 2018 at 8:11 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 7:03 pm)Everena Wrote: I have to work now, but I will be happy to discuss this later.

Even if they are, it does not explain why they would all be here to feed us unless it was because of GOD, And no one in the science community seriously thinks plants are consciously self aware. It is only speculated about.
1. That wasn't your claim your claim was no believes their conscience that was clearly a lie wither speculative or not and the weight of the evidence suggests it's not no matter how much you toss around the word "speculative" to dismiss inconvenient idea's 

Everena: You are wrong. The scientists in this article explain why.  https://massivesci.com/articles/plants-conscious-intelligence-movement-sedate/

2. Again none of that follows thus again non sequitur

So you have failed yet again . You are clearly out of you depth .

Everena: Uhh,,,,,No I'm not.  The fact that we had food on this planet for every stage of evolution, and now for every fish, bird, insect, for all 7.8 million different species of life on this planet cannot be written off to chance or luck. It is a fail for atheism and so is the dual language code of dna whether you like it or not.
(November 13, 2018 at 12:30 pm)Everena Wrote: Evolution is a process that we discovered was happening (and the theory is still full of conjecture and speculation if you ever actually bother to delve into it)  

If it was full of conjecture and speculation then we wouldn't be able to use it in practice.

You also need to learn what a scientific theory is. The evidence came before the theory. The theory explains the evidence. Otherwise it would be a hypothesis.

You say 'if you ever actually bother to delve into it'. I'd be willing to bet that you don't actually know much about evolution at all. You probably just think that you do.

Demonstrate to us that you actually understand the theory of evolution.
Everena Casserole

1 oz gnostic theism
2 oz disdain for atheism
6 oz avoidance of empirical evidence
4 oz essence of logical fallacies (*see recipe below)
6 oz misrepresentations and lies sourced solely from willful ignorance
5 oz pretense of science knowledge
1 lb metaphysical woo woo
1 lb “I have access to the Truth™ and you don’t” pasta, infused with a liberal amount of Dunning-Kruger effect
Sprinkles of narcissism, denial and what-if-ism to taste

Cook pasta separately to el dente
Mix other ingredients and blend with pasta
Chill for one hour

Serves one.  Leftovers can be served to your soulmate.

Note:  Consumption of this recipe is harmful to some people and distasteful to many others.  

*Essence of logical fallacies recipe:

1 oz mere assertions
1/2 oz disingenuous strawmen
1/2 argument from ignorance
2 oz argument from popularity
Sprinkle of hyperbole to taste

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey