Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 2:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 13, 2018 at 3:32 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 3:29 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Meaning what, Mystic?  That it's good advice because it's psychological?  What does that even mean.  All advice is in some sense psychological, does that make all advicew good advice?  What do you mean by psychological?  That it appeals to things other than reason and logic?  If it does, then it is most likely bad advice.

It is paraphrased by the Prophet to Abu Dhar and paraphrased by me, 

"if you have a treasure with you and people think it's garbage, then you still have a treasure with you. And if you garbage with you and people think it's treasure, then you still have garbage with you. "

I forget the exact words, was part of a long advice to Abu Dhar, but that was gist of it. He probably said it more eloquently, I will scavenge the quote later!

We were talking about certainty, Mystic, not possessing a treasure, unless the treasure in this case is that certainty, and then my objections hold and it is still stupid advice. People treasure different things for different reasons, that you treasure something doesn't seem to lead anywhere. But thanks for bringing out more examples of the stupidity of Islam and Muslims. It's most entertaining.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 13, 2018 at 3:28 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 7:28 am)Khemikal Wrote: "All of this food is miraculous"- said the food.

What, do you imagine, explains the fact that human beings had to actively breed and cultivate our food
Everena: Had to actively breed and cultivate our food while we were eating what? There is literally tons of food that grows naturally and it is far better for you than processed crap.

- that it did not exist at all when we found ourselves hungry and looking around for it?
Everena: What is it that you think did not exist? OMG

If the existence of food demonstrates a meat fairy, then wouldn't the lack of food demonstrate that there is no meat fairy?

Everena: If you mean the intelligence that put plants on this planet (you know-plants, grass, grain aka what meat eats) and there is no lack of food. We have more than enough food.

Or was meat fairy starving us hoping that we would learn something..like, how to starve?  
Everena: Who do you know personally that is starving? As far as the starvation problem in this world, it Christians who have reduced it by more than half of what it used to be. This earth is our challenge, not Gods. The food is here and has always been here. Farmers produce enough food each year to feed 10 billion people. Look it up yourself, it is all over the web.

Obviously, I don't think so, because even though I think that meat fairy is ridiculous shit, I wouldn't attach it's existence -or- non existence to such an incompetent argument, but you don't have that luxury.  Additionally, seeing as how you refuse to believe in a cold and unjust universe.....how does a cold and unjust god who creates human beings but doesn't create our food make your cut? 

Everena: Now you are going to pretend food does not even exist on this planet? Wow, how did we ever make it through every single stage of evolution without food? You are being intentionally stupid and irritating and it is getting old. Make realistic truthful statements or don't converse with me.

Your fridge and your freezer are both full of things that humans created out of necessity, after all.

Everena: Oh, humans created food? Wow did we go back in time and create it for every stage of evolution so we would be here right now? Did humans create this entire universe and the other 200 billion galaxies too do you think? Wow, just wow.

Artificial selection is precisely how we got the things we eat, and how we've made them more delicious than they naturally were'

Everena: Not true. Big gmo fruit tastes much more watery and has much less flavor than regular fruit. 

and we selected those cultivars out of evolved populations.  There's nothing about our food that evolution doesn't explain.  How does referring to something false right on the face of it establish the truth of an existent god?  How does denying some factual statement about reality help to establish that your god statements are, themselves, factual?  Wouldn't an existent god have to..well..exist, in a universe alongside other true things and statements?

Ideally, you'll learn to stop making this argument
Everena: Never.....gonna......happen....and it's a fail for atheism and so is DNA

from your interactions here, because it damages the credibility of your beliefs - but it doesn't have to, you're the one forcing things to be this way..and it's unclear why you couldn't believe in the meat fairy if you ceded the ground in this to facts rather than your own ignorance.

Khem did not say half of this and if you're going to quote try having something to say about what you've quoted.
(November 13, 2018 at 10:06 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 3:10 am)Everena Wrote: Evolution is a human made term used to describe a process that we discovered was happening. It does not explain the first cause of anything including food. So no, that does not explain why we have food on this planet for the approx 7.8 million different species of conscious life.

I'm not familiar with any terms that aren't human-made.

Plumbing does not explain the first cause of water, because what the first cause of water was is irrelevant to plumbing. What the first cause of anything is other than species is also irrelevant to evolution, which explains what is happening to populations of organisms once they exist. Ev: No kidding. Stop pretending it has anything to do with the first cause of anything.

How could the planet have less food than is needed for all the life on it to survive? Ev: How could it? Without higher intelligence is how it couldn't.

If life exceeds the available food supply, it dies, or in some cases, goes dormant.

I appreciate that you don't reject the findings of science though, not as common as it should be.
(November 13, 2018 at 3:37 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 3:32 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It is paraphrased by the Prophet to Abu Dhar and paraphrased by me, 

"if you have a treasure with you and people think it's garbage, then you still have a treasure with you. And if you garbage with you and people think it's treasure, then you still have garbage with you. "

I forget the exact words, was part of a long advice to Abu Dhar, but that was gist of it. He probably said it more eloquently, I will scavenge the quote later!

We were talking about certainty, Mystic, not possessing a treasure, unless the treasure in this case is that certainty, and then my objections hold and it is still stupid advice.  People treasure different things for different reasons, that you treasure something doesn't seem to lead anywhere.  But thanks for bringing out more examples of the stupidity of Islam and Muslims.  It's most entertaining.

If you are using your mind in a wrong way leading away from God and it's suppose to lead to God, it maybe others can't help you anymore, it maybe even the words of God won't guide you.

I don't like dialoguing with you Jo, because, you quickly jump to refute and never think beyond that jump to refute.

You are capable of assessing but you are so use to a jungle attempt of refuting even the most simplest wisdoms.

If a person is certain, IF, then they should not care about what others think about them being deluded about their certainty nor what others say about their resolve regarding the truth they hold. It is sound advice. But go ahead, and jump with another jump to refute and argue.

It's exhausting.
(November 13, 2018 at 3:28 pm)Everena Wrote: Everena: Had to actively breed and cultivate our food while we were eating what? There is literally tons of food that grows naturally and it is far better for you than processed crap.
While we were starving..Ev.  While we were starving.  Let that sink in.

While there may be tons of food that's far better for you than "processed crap"..whatever you take that to mean, we also created -that- food, ourselves.  Very little that we eat grows naturally, what does is being depleted so quickly it will not remain for long (unless meat fairy does a new fish drop just off the continental shelf or something)...and even with all of that, a significant amount of us still starve.

What lesson was meat fairy trying to teach us by wrapping us in these bodies and failing to provide any viable food source for our populations?  

Quote:Everena: What is it that you think did not exist? OMG
Take a walk over to your moms fridge and open it up.  You are going to find the products of human selection.  You may imagine that the stuff in your fridge always existed, or was "natural"......but it isn't.  

That's just marketing..........good lord, don't tell me that your god beliefs are based, even in part, on the label that some clever producer came up with to trick you into buying their almond milk....?

Quote:Everena: If you mean the intelligence that put plants on this planet (you know-plants, grass, grain aka what meat eats)
No intelligence put plants on this planet, and the plants that were on this planet when we arose were so insufficient that we had to breed them out while we starved to be the things you eat and take for granted today.  Consider what you're saying..here..really.  Do you actually think that a bunch of grass floated down from meat fairy heaven and laid itself into the plains.....?  So what if it did, because that grass..that you now call corn..was inedible.

Quote:Everena: Who do you know personally that is starving? As far as the starvation problem in this world, it Christians who have reduced it by more than half of what it used to be. This earth is our challenge, not Gods. The food is here and has always been here. Farmers produce enough food each year to feed 10 billion people. Look it up yourself, it is all over the web.
Plenty of folks, my wife started up a food bank because she was sick of seeing it locally, I got into agriculture, in large part, because I couldn't stand the sight of it when I'd traveled or the thought of it when I was back home.  All of this starvation, mind you, must be a part of your meat fairy's soul improvement plan.  

Quote:Everena: Now you are going to pretend food does not even exist on this planet? Wow, how did we ever make it through every single stage of evolution without food? You are being intentionally stupid and irritating and it is getting old. Make realistic truthful statements or don't converse with me.
You'll either try to persist in a doomed argument with me, or refine your currently atrocious claims like so many dirty souls on this slaughterhouse rock.

Quote:Everena: Oh, humans created food? Wow did we go back in time and create it for every stage of evolution so we would be here right now? Did humans create this entire universe and the other 200 billion galaxies too do you think? Wow, just wow.
Yes, Ev, we did create the foods we eat.  We even selected them specifically for their taste, which is why your strawberries are sweet instead of toxic. It was an amazing lift and we're still at it.  You would not be alive today had we not done so, mistakenly sitting there in slack jawed wonder at all the food that you think meat fairy made.

Quote:Everena: Not true. Big gmo fruit tastes much more watery and has much less flavor than regular fruit. 
We began this work ten thousand years ago, not yesterday.  I'm not talking about gmos..though, technically all of the food you eat is a gmo.  

Quote:Everena: Never.....gonna......happen....and it's a fail for atheism and so is DNA
Then you will consistently present your own beliefs and yourself as being breathtakingly ignorant.  I can't make you care about that..I can only bring it to your attention.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 13, 2018 at 11:50 am)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 2:57 am)Everena Wrote: That's fantastic. No one is saying evolution is not true. We are saying the complex code of DNA did not create itself.

Neither one of you are competent to say anything about how genetic processes arose.
You assertions are dismissed for the rubbish they are.

Everena: And neither are you fool, because we were not there and no one knows how the genetic process arose. It obviously required higher intelligence though and to pretend otherwise is to be willfully illogical.

Quote:Additionally true love with your soulmate/other half is the only thing in the whole world that really matters and to me is our whole reason for being. God is not even a close second. 

Interesting ... how Hollywoody.
Just like you waked out of a old Jane Austin novel. I b'lieve I have the vapours ... I need some smelling salts.
Now get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich like a woman should.

Everena: Make me a sandwich you sexist lowlife. And true love is only depicted by Hollywood. Sorry if you missed out on it. Not very HARD to believe somehow.

Quote:In regards to my experiences, just let it go. I know what I experienced, I am a huge skeptic of everything and this went well beyond any and all doubt for me or I would not be so sure of it. I had mutual/shared experiences verified on the spot (including the making love experience) and so many other signs that I have no doubts left at all and I am 100% sure that God and eternal life are truths. I however do not expect you to take my word for it. You need to have your own experiences in order to prove it to yourself beyond any doubt. Just please do not pretend that you know anything about what someone else has experienced because you don't.

Every nut case for the last 10,000 years has said the exact same thing, and stomped their impotent little feet, insisting their woo is real. Yawn.
You may have convinced yourself this nonsense is true, but in saying you are "100 % convinced" you betray the state of your mind, and its illogical processes, and the nonsense you accept to prove something.

Everena: Yes 93% of the world is crazy and you atheist morons who refuse to apply simple logic are the only sane ones. Sure. 

(November 13, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 12:02 pm)Everena Wrote: No one has up until now, and that is the whole reason they wrote the article, if you had taken the time to actually read it.... Quantum biology has only emerged over the past two decades and what the arrticle also said is that "it is a matter of when, not if"

I disagree.  Quantum physics simply does not work that way.  Its effects are at small scales, and they don't even scale up in macroscopic physics.

It's a sure sign that someone is engaging in magical thinking and sloppy pseudoscience when they attach the word 'quantum' to make some idiotic what-if-ism sound scientific and cutting-edge.

As for your bare assertion that DNA could not have assembled itself, I disagree.  Recently a simple biological mechanism was found for assembly of RNA (IIRC, magnesium was a key player in that particular biochemistry).  DNA is next.  I expect to see your hypothesis debunked in my own lifetime.

No one cares if you disagree. Science will continue to move forward whether you agree or not and this statement was made by a quantum biologist who is far more intelligent and far more educated than you are.
That biologist made no statement referring to eternal lives in some other dimension......so..why would it matter?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 13, 2018 at 12:50 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 12:30 pm)Everena Wrote: First of all,  I spent my youth in a program for gifted children with high intelligence and I have a college education. I don't have trouble understanding anything and I am not your sweetie you sexist jerk. Evolution is a process that we discovered was happening (and the theory is still full of conjecture and speculation if you ever actually bother to delve into it)  Also, evolution is not the first cause of life, food, dna, or any drive that we devoloped during the process. It had to be a possibity initially in order for it to develop at all. Do you understand? 

Nope nothing to understand. You clearly do not understand Evolution or how science or natural selection works. Everena: I know it is not the first cause of anything, unlike you who wants to live in some delusional bubble of bullshit.

You clearly cannot understand an article about bacteria and entanglement AND you misinterpreted it to be talking about superposition. Everena: The article was abut superposition AND quantum entanglement. I posted it 3 fucking times and posted quotes from it, for those of you who can't just click a link and read it yourself

I knew that "sweetie" would get you, sweetie. Thanks for falling for my little trap. But then you did just say that loving your sweetie was the highest goal of your life, so, guess who that makes a sexist jerk ? LOL Everena: People who are with their soulmate don't have to jerk, you fool.

Any 6th Grader could tell you what's wrong about the crap you drool about food, DNA, "possibility" and all your other lame-brain bullshit.

Yes, you ARE a moron. A totally ignorant moron.
LMAO

Thanks for yet again demonstrating what a moron you are, and that you have not one clue how evolution or natural processes work.
Your assertions, BACKED UP WITH NOTHING, are the ranting of a wacko ignoramus, and are dismissed as the worthless bs they are.

Everena: They are backed up by the fact that they are facts of science. And every educated person in this forum knows it and would not be making fools of themselves like you are.

Learn to quote, ask someone to show you.

I am getting a headache!
Ev, it doesn't matter whether evolution is a first cause or not.  Evolutionary biology, including the massive program of artificial selection engaged in by humans at the knifes edge of survival......-is-........ the explanation for the food we have to eat, and the explanation for the stunning diversity of life that you see.  Even if fairies were real..this would still be the case.

Learn to accurately express your own objections....or, failing that, stop complaining when your incompetence leads people to conclude...that you are incompetent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey