Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 29, 2018 at 7:47 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: This is now a dad joke thread;

How many apples grow on a tree? All of them.

Creationists apples are created right where they levitate in a tree like formation with no tree.

(November 29, 2018 at 7:47 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 29, 2018 at 3:47 pm)Everena Wrote: In philosophysystems theoryscience, and artemergence is the condition of an entity having properties its parts do not have, due to interactions among the parts.

Ok, so my first question about emergence would be, how are these interactions among parts happening?

(November 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: As expected, Back to the same bullshit.

Cutting to the chase, Evie’s “logic” is it doesn’t matter that complex system can spontaneously form without intelligence,
No, they can't.
(November 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: because the only reason why it can appear to do that is because some  some grand intelligence made reality that way.
That's right. Good for you. You finally got something right.
(November 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: How did the grand intelligence form then?
God always has been and always will be, just like our true selves/souls

(November 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:  By what process would it come to care whether you die or suffer?  
Seriously? By what process do any of us care whether others die or suffer? We do because we are eternal beings with emotions like compassion, sympathy, and sadness. But we do not die. Only atheists believe in death.

(November 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: By what mechanism does it create or order reality?
Well if any human being knew the answer to that, we would be creating new universes right now.

(November 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: But for Evie’s the grand intelligence of her happy fiction is exempt from the rule she applies to,everything else.  It just is, and just happen to be the way she wants it no less.

Your simpleton “logic” is absolutely not a thing more than “I can argue by assertion but you can’t”.

Except that you are the simpleton, so easily brainwashed by the illogical and literally impossible theories of foolish, hateful and stupid atheist men who want only for us all to live in fear of death as the final moment of our existence.

So you go right ahead. Be sure to eat healthy all the time, exercise constantly, rush to the the doctor at even the slightest symptom of anything serious, and do any possible thing to extend the incredibly short time you have been allotted by atheist morons.

The rest of us, the believers that is, will just live our lives however we please, enjoying anything and everything and never torturing ourselves or denying ourselves all the pleasures of life-- and we will laugh at your insane foolishness forever more.

She asserts she is not a simpleton who argue by assertion.

Jerkoff

You all be sure to stuff your faces with cheeseburgers so you can get to the nothing beyond faster.
(November 28, 2018 at 9:56 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm)Everena Wrote: No kidding. That does not mean science cannot be as a tool used to prove it is true.
(November 28, 2018 at 9:28 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: Clearly you do not understand science.

If you don't think science can someday prove intelligent design, then you are the one who does not understand science.

I'm just gonna paraphrase Aragorn...

Quote:Sons of Science! Of Logic! My brothers and sisters! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of science, when we forsake our minds and break all bonds of reason. But it is not this day. An hour of IDiots and shattered ideas when the age of Science comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of Science!

For Reason and logic and not least, actual Science.
(November 29, 2018 at 7:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Creationists apples are created right where they levitate in a tree like formation with no tree.

(November 29, 2018 at 7:47 pm)Everena Wrote: No, they can't.

Seriously? By what process do any of us care whether others die or suffer? We do because we are eternal beings with emotions like compassion, sympathy, and sadness. But we do not die. Only atheists believe in death.

Well if any human being knew the answer to that, we would be creating new universes right now.

Except that you are the simpleton, so easily brainwashed by the illogical and literally impossible theories of foolish, hateful and stupid atheist men who want only for us all to live in fear of death as the final moment of our existence.

So you go right ahead. Be sure to eat healthy all the time, exercise constantly, rush to the the doctor at even the slightest symptom of anything serious, and do any possible thing to extend the incredibly short time you have been allotted by atheist morons.

The rest of us, the believers that is, will just live our lives however we please, enjoying anything and everything and never torturing ourselves or denying ourselves all the pleasures of life-- and we will laugh at your insane foolishness forever more.

Jerkoff

You all be sure to stuff your faces with cheeseburgers so you can get to the nothing beyond faster.
Big greasy cheeseburgers with avocodo and lots of mayo and french fries with ranch. Yum. Sounds great. Afterwards, I'll lay down and rest and have a cigarette.
So there are a couple of things that don't make sense make less sense than the rest, which is kinda terrifying now that I stop to think of it.

So this big energy ball... Why is it a big energy ball? You lot always get impressed with big and stompy. Does it have a big hat too? But I digress. When we die, we go and join with it? Adding our energy to the invisible great energy ball in Never-Neverland?

And what's up with life? Our eternal soles exist off in Nirvana our whatever you want to call it, then God the energy bollocks pops us into a meatsack that's forced to eat other meatsacks, worms eat our eyeballs, we die, and go back to Never-Neverland again. WTF was all that about? What did I learn? God's an asshole! Leave my eternal sole alone! It was in the middle of a good book when you so rudely interrupted.
(November 29, 2018 at 8:03 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: So there are a couple of things that don't make sense make less sense than the rest, which is kinda terrifying now that I stop to think of it.

Is that because the rest of the things make a countably infinite amount of no sense, while a couple makes uncountably infinite amount of no sense?
(November 29, 2018 at 7:48 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

(November 29, 2018 at 7:47 pm)Everena Wrote: No, they can't.

Jerkoff

Yup but she needs that wishful thinking of a pointless meandering after life meanwhile will enjoy this brief existence without any fear  of death because why fear closure and resolution? Only the religious fear death as obsess over it . And the only people who will be laughing are atheist the religious will mentally shriek in horror as they realize  their life was a lie while we simply fade secure in the knowledge that we lived knowing what will come or worse for the religious still they get their wish and get to live the nightmare of eternal life .She should be sure to get sick and seek no doctors after all this world is hell and why would you wanna live in hell? Dodgy

(November 29, 2018 at 8:03 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: So there are a couple of things that don't make sense make less sense than the rest, which is kinda terrifying now that I stop to think of it.

So this big energy ball... Why is it a big energy ball? You lot always get impressed with big and stompy. Does it have a big hat too? But I digress. When we die, we go and join with it? Adding our energy to the invisible great energy ball in Never-Neverland?

And what's up with life? Our eternal soles exist off in Nirvana our whatever you want to call it, then God the energy bollocks pops us into a meatsack that's forced to eat other meatsacks, worms eat our eyeballs, we die, and go back to Never-Neverland again. WTF was all that about? What did I learn? God's an asshole! Leave my eternal sole alone! It was in the middle of a good book when you so rudely interrupted.
Not to mention who the fuck wants to linger forever no resolution no final end just pointless perfection a torture to awful to contemplate.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:

Is that because the rest of the things make a countably infinite amount of no sense, while a couple makes uncountably infinite amount of no sense?

For the sake of my sanity I have not attempted to determine the cardinality of the imbecility at play.
Life is beautiful because it's temporary . Even pain as awful as it is only temporary  state . And in the end there is closure and finality and existence concluded .

Better to go out a Jimmy Hendrix rather then linger as a has been
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 28, 2018 at 11:04 pm)Everena Wrote: False. It is not beyond reasonable doubt. There is no observable evidence of one species turning into an entirely different species.
(November 28, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Amarok Wrote: False and you know it 

Oh really? Show me some evidence of one species turning into an entirely different species that is not plants.

So, you can't because you're wrong, got it
And here Everena attempts to insert the bovine "were you there" argument. That one cuts both ways. Was Everena there to see her deity of choice do any of his design crapfest? Of course not.

(November 28, 2018 at 11:04 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 28, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Amarok Wrote: It's been done  so this game won't work and i don't need to convince the agenda driven their wrong 

You mean you have no argument because you're wrong. People who are right, prove it.
And here Everena igniores her own failures because those don't count for some reason or lack thereof.

(November 28, 2018 at 10:19 pm)Amarok Wrote: No, it was written that way, because it casts more doubt on the theory whether you like it or not. And none of the articles I posted were from creationists. They were all from science.

Yes it was and no it doesn't  in the slightest and the scientists know it as did every "Real " scientist who read it and what i like is not even a factor here. The only people who interpreted it your way were quacks and creationists And wither you used creationist sites you did the same bullshit they did .
Pretend whatever makes you happy. Everena sums herself up.

(November 28, 2018 at 11:04 pm)Everena Wrote: You all just choose to be science deniers as soon as science does not agree with your twisted illogical worldview.
Again.

(November 28, 2018 at 10:34 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

Yes Dear.

But you already said we had to be;

A) Specific.
And name one thing.

I was specific. I was correct. I was singular.

No amount of ".... But, but maah feels!" is going to, in effect, cut it.

To which we will most probably , and simply, see more iterations of ".. But, but I said so."

I was not even talking to you, and what was insinuated was not about me thinking fungi should be classified as plants. Name one thing besides that if you really want to join in on this lame lie. I'll be waiting.
Everena can't figure out discussion boards. See on a discussion board anyone can reply to anyone else. Those are the rules of how it works. Surely an uber genius like you, Everena, can work that out, right?

(November 28, 2018 at 9:35 pm)Everena Wrote: I think if a species mates in a consious manner, and has a penis that it injects a female with, it is conscious.
(November 28, 2018 at 10:48 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: That's a fascinating definition. I think I begin to see why you think "microtubules" are involved.

Your definition is lovingly circular. A species must be conscious in order to mate "in a conscious manner" and if it mates "in a conscious manner" then clearly it is conscious. But what makes you think that barnacles do anything other than blindly follow instinct? It isn't as if the have a lot to work with in terms of brains.

Perhaps you'd be better served with a definition than some arbitrary criteria cobbled together.
Wow. I don't even...

(November 28, 2018 at 9:56 pm)Everena Wrote: I understand the words. I also understand that you have provided nothing that explains how the complexity of DNA could come about without an intelligent driving force. The big rock in your front yard did not create DNA. No matter what you think can arise from an inanimate object, it is literally not possible or logical in any way. And you obviously have no argument of your own.

(November 28, 2018 at 10:48 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: Then explain to me what complexity means.

The question is not about what complexity means. The question is how could DNA come about without an intelligent driving force? The answer is: It could not.
Bit of a problem for Everena. If everything is perforce designed in Everena's world view then Everena has no basis for what anything would look like if it were not designed at all?
(November 29, 2018 at 8:13 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(November 29, 2018 at 8:03 pm)P aleophyte Wrote: So there are a couple of things that don't make sense make less sense than the rest, which is kinda terrifying now that I stop to think of it.

Not to mention who the fuck wants to linger forever no resolution no final end just pointless perfection a torture to awful to contemplate.

With apologies to Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett:

Eternity is... OK, so at one end of the universe there's a woodpecker. And at the other end of the universe there's a mountain. And the woodpecker flies the length and breadth of the universe and sharpens its beak on that mountain. And then it flies back. When that woodpecker has worn the mountain down to sand you will still be watching The Sound of Music! And you'll be enjoying it because you won't have any other choice!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey