Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 9:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
I rest my case.
(November 30, 2018 at 4:10 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 3:42 am)Everena Wrote: I'm right aren't I? If so, this is your song cuz your always at work 

Smile

Though t'is very sad about the affair that happened to the band after their international success with the tune. Sad

Still... Flogging the Yanks in their stupid, bloody boat race was an awesome thing to watch. Smile

Now-a-days my 'Fluffy music of choice' is more Thrash, Grunge, Goth, Industrial, Metal or any combination of the lot.

Not at work.

But did you watch the video and get the point they were making?

(November 30, 2018 at 4:34 am)no one Wrote: I rest my case.

How do you think a God should be, if it were up to you to decide.
(November 30, 2018 at 4:07 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 3:41 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Here's an article on the probability of abiogenesis. There are dozens of links and references to follow. If you are an intellectually honest person, you will follow the evidence to a rational conclusion without preconceived biases. In other words, you will read the articles with the idea of understanding them.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html

I've already read all about A Bio Genesis. An intelligent creator would stlll definitely be required, because their only theory of how life came to be is that it "just all happened naturally dude" That is vague and it means nothing. Also, abiogenesis has been criticisized and refuted by numerous scientists, just so you know.

Quote:No, you haven't. If you had actually read the above article and followed the links you would have discovered a plethora of information debunking every one of the objections you listed. The trouble here is that you are bound by preconceived biases and a closed mind. You lack the ability to admit that you might be wrong. Rather than challenging us to provide you with evidence you to fairly examine, you are challenging us to make you believe, which is neither our responsibility or honest on your part.

1. They did not re-create the correct environment for the time period this would have happened in the Miller-Urey research experiments.

Quote:Really? And what was the "correct" environment for that time period? How many possible environments were subjected to the Miller-Urey experiment since the 1950's and what were the results? Citations needed.

2. Proteins don't bind under water, in fact they do just the opposite.

Quote:Prove it. How is this relevant? Why would it be necessary? Citations needed.

3. Louis Pasteur's 1859 experiment is widely seen as having settled the question of spontaneous generation and disproved abiogenesis. He boiled a meat broth in a flask that had a long neck that curved downward, like that of a goose or swan.

Quote:Wrong! His experiment disproved the notion of spontaneous generation. Abiogenesis is an entirely different hypothesis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

And there is a lot more reading you should do about this unproven hypothesis you are so convinced by, because no one in the science community really seems convinced.

I'm willing to read any articles on the subject. I am convinced that abiogenesis occurred because it is supported by a preponderance of peer-reviewed evidence. Contrary to your claim, however, abiogenesis has much credibility in the scientific community. There are presently several viable hypotheses on how abiogenesis occurred. See the Wiki article above.

(November 30, 2018 at 4:11 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 4:00 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Explain how Adam and Eve could have been at fault if they didn't understand the concepts of good and evil beforehand? If God truly loved his creations, why did he make them imperfect and then punish them for behaving exactly the way he designed them to behave? If he was a truly loving father, why didn't he intervene when his children were being tempted? And while we're on the subject of Adam and Eve, kindly explain how a snake could talk when snakes lack the necessary vocal apparatus.

They knew what was good and at risk.  They probably saw animals die so they knew what death was.  It was a miracle regarding the snake.  The devil was able to speak through it.

Quote:Wrong! The Bible clearly states that they did not become aware of the concepts of good or evil until AFTER they ate the forbidden fruit.

The Bible clearly states that there was no death before the fall.

If God truly loved his creations, why did he make them imperfect and then punish them for behaving exactly the way he designed them to behave?

If he was a truly loving father, why didn't he intervene when his children were being tempted?

Prove that this miracle actually occurred. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 30, 2018 at 4:47 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 4:07 am)Everena Wrote: I've already read all about A Bio Genesis. An intelligent creator would stlll definitely be required, because their only theory of how life came to be is that it "just all happened naturally dude" That is vague and it means nothing. Also, abiogenesis has been criticisized and refuted by numerous scientists, just so you know.

1. They did not re-create the correct environment for the time period this would have happened in the Miller-Urey research experiments.

3. Louis Pasteur's 1859 experiment is widely seen as having settled the question of spontaneous generation and disproved abiogenesis. He boiled a meat broth in a flask that had a long neck that curved downward, like that of a goose or swan.

And there is a lot more reading you should do about this unproven hypothesis you are so convinced by, because no one in the science community really seems convinced.

I'm willing to read any articles on the subject. I am convinced that abiogenesis occurred because it is supported by a preponderance of peer-reviewed evidence. Contrary to your claim, however, abiogenesis has much credibility in the scientific community. There are presently several viable hypotheses on how abiogenesis occurred. See the Wiki article above.

(November 30, 2018 at 4:11 am)CDF47 Wrote: They knew what was good and at risk.  They probably saw animals die so they knew what death was.  It was a miracle regarding the snake.  The devil was able to speak through it.

Through their rebellion sin entered the world.  I believe the devil was already here prior to man.  Since he was in the garden and I believe this happened after the devil was cast out of heaven.

(November 30, 2018 at 4:47 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 4:07 am)Everena Wrote: I've already read all about A Bio Genesis. An intelligent creator would stlll definitely be required, because their only theory of how life came to be is that it "just all happened naturally dude" That is vague and it means nothing. Also, abiogenesis has been criticisized and refuted by numerous scientists, just so you know.

(November 30, 2018 at 4:11 am)CDF47 Wrote: They knew what was good and at risk.  They probably saw animals die so they knew what death was.  It was a miracle regarding the snake.  The devil was able to speak through it.

Do you love Marx, Freud, and Darwin?
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(November 30, 2018 at 5:08 am)CDF47 Wrote:

Kindly address the comments I made in my previous post to you before going off on a tangent.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 30, 2018 at 4:32 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 4:10 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Magic!

It's a met awhor, I mean metaphor and one you should probably spend a lot of time thinking about.

Why would I want to waste my time? Why does it matter? What do you think is going to happen to me if I don't?

(November 30, 2018 at 4:11 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 4:00 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Explain how Adam and Eve could have been at fault if they didn't understand the concepts of good and evil beforehand? If God truly loved his creations, why did he make them imperfect and then punish them for behaving exactly the way he designed them to behave? If he was a truly loving father, why didn't he intervene when his children were being tempted? And while we're on the subject of Adam and Eve, kindly explain how a snake could talk when snakes lack the necessary vocal apparatus.

They knew what was good and at risk.  They probably saw animals die so they knew what death was.  It was a miracle regarding the snake.  The devil was able to speak through it.

(November 30, 2018 at 4:10 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Magic!

No...Miracle!

Correct! No miracle.
(November 30, 2018 at 4:07 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 3:41 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Here's an article on the probability of abiogenesis. There are dozens of links and references to follow. If you are an intellectually honest person, you will follow the evidence to a rational conclusion without preconceived biases. In other words, you will read the articles with the idea of understanding them.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html

I've already read all about A Bio Genesis. An intelligent creator would stlll definitely be required, because their only theory of how life came to be is that it "just all happened naturally dude" That is vague and it means nothing. 

First and foremost, before we discuss all the reasons other scientists have given for why it is not even possible, this is the part that matters to me and addresses my question. And don't try to pretend it is not their conclusion about how life came to be, because it absolutely is and that in no way eliminates the need for an intelligent creator.

(November 30, 2018 at 4:32 am)Everena Wrote: It's a met awhor, I mean metaphor and one you should probably spend a lot of time thinking about.

(November 30, 2018 at 5:21 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Why would I want to waste my time? Why does it matter? What do you think is going to happen to me if I don't?

Don't waste your time. Maybe nothing willl happen to you ever and you'll just fade off into nothing when you die.
(November 30, 2018 at 5:25 am)Everena Wrote: Don't waste your time. Maybe nothing willl happen to you ever and you'll just fade off into nothing when you die.

That sounds wonderful to me... Much more appealing than pointless eternal boredom.
(November 30, 2018 at 5:25 am)Everena Wrote: First and foremost, before we discuss all the reasons other scientists have given for why it is not even possible, this is the part that matters to me and addresses my question. And don't try to pretend it is not their conclusion about how life came to be, because it absolutely is and that in no way eliminates the need for an intelligent creator.

If you wish to postulate the existence of an intelligent creator, the burden of proof rests on your shoulders. It is not the responsibility for evolutionists to eliminate the alleged necessity of an intelligent creator.
(November 30, 2018 at 5:18 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 5:08 am)CDF47 Wrote:

Kindly address the comments I made in my previous post to you before going off on a tangent.

I addressed all your comments didn't I?

(November 30, 2018 at 5:21 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(November 30, 2018 at 4:32 am)Everena Wrote: It's a met awhor, I mean metaphor and one you should probably spend a lot of time thinking about.

Why would I want to waste my time? Why does it matter? What do you think is going to happen to me if I don't?

No...Miracle!

Correct! No miracle.

You know what I meant.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey