Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 1:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
49 more to go.
Fuuuck. Almost 1000 pages already.
(November 30, 2018 at 9:15 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: 49 more to go.
Yup 49 more of Ever throwing the word "impossible " and " logical " and screaming about  "rocks" while insisting she's right

(November 30, 2018 at 9:21 am)Mathilda Wrote: Fuuuck. Almost 1000 pages already.
Yup scary how much time one can endure a barrage of the tired arguments and fallacies
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 30, 2018 at 5:57 am)CDF47 Wrote: Oh, OK, these comments.

I think they knew of death prior to the fall due to animal death.  

He designed them with free will to obey Him or not and they chose to disobey

He is letting sin and evil run its course

Miracles.  The Bible is only about 10 percent supernatural.

(November 30, 2018 at 5:50 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: And now.. The end is near.. And so I face.. The final curtain.
We're nearly there folks. Thank fuck.

I thought we just started....LOL

And God let the snake tempt them because....?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
The trouble with christer nutbars is twofold.  Their beliefs are commonly extrabiblical, and what beliefs they have that are derived from the bible they do not take seriously or credibly.

This is what reduces these interactions to a farce.  They point to magic book for shit that isn't there...and then make a mockery of what is through their profoundly incurious and lazy approach.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Any other forum and a thread like this would have descended into flying puppy pictures after page 20.
(November 30, 2018 at 6:12 am)Everena Wrote: But my question was what convinces you that an intelligent creator wasn't necessary "It just all happened naturally dude" is not all that convincing so I do not see how you can be convinced by it.

What convinces me is the preponderance of evidence favoring a number of viable abiogenesis hypotheses. The fact that these are viable hypotheses negates any need for an intelligent creator. The fact that this evidence is not convincing to you is not my problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/borelfaq.html
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
What these idiots don't realise is that design is actually more difficult to do in practice than evolving it. The whole idea of an intelligent designer not only does not provide an explanation, it actually raises more questions than it answers. How did the designer design everything? Where did the designer come from?
To answer your questions Mathilda, magic.
@CDF47:

I think they knew of death prior to the fall due to animal death.  
The Bible states that there was no death in the world before the fall. Adam and Eve would have had no working knowledge of death.

He designed them with free will to obey Him or not and they chose to disobey
Since they had no knowledge of right and wrong beforehand, their "disobedience" was God's responsibility. It is also proof that God was criminally negligent. He created imperfect beings and then condemned them for behaving exactly the way he designed them to behave.

He is letting sin and evil run its course.
Which is impossible if God is omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient as mainstream Christianity claims.

Miracles.  The Bible is only about 10 percent supernatural.
Which doesn't prove that miracles happen or are even plausible.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey