Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 3:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(December 30, 2018 at 1:34 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:16 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I see natural processes as blind processes since there is no intelligence involved.  I do not believe the functional DNA process and molecular machines could have come about by blind processes.

Well, you're welcome to believe what you like.  I'm not disputing that.  What I am disputing is whether you have good reasons for believing what you do.  And as a side note, evolution isn't a blind process, so your belief is about something other than evolution, even if evolution were the entire story, which it is not.  However if you believe that supposedly blind processes such as what you believe evolution to be cannot produce those things, without good reasons for believing it, then your belief is simply irrational and worthy of neither respect nor similar belief.

So the question becomes, do you have good reasons for believing that natural processes (not blind processes, as that's a straw man) cannot produce such things?

If not, your 1,000+ page screed is worth absolutely nothing other than as a display of how religion turns people into ignorant and irrational twats.

So, do you?

DNA is either designed or not.  Natural selection is a non-design process which is impossible to create functional complex information in my opinion.

(December 30, 2018 at 1:34 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:30 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Because that is impossible.
What's impossible...and that was, amusingly, the claim made about all three things mentioned.  You've only showed a similarity in claiming so.

DNA coming about by an un-designed process is impossible.

(December 30, 2018 at 1:37 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:30 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Because that is impossible.

That's an ad hominem.

It only sounds like as hominem, it is not.

Reflect upon how it came to be that you’ve become so stricken that factual description of your defects would sound like ad hominem in normal discourse with an average person?

The cause in your case seem to have to do with the cult of Jesus by which you’ve sadly become so besotted.

Attacking those brilliant men rather than their arguments is ad hominem in my opinion.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(December 30, 2018 at 3:14 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:34 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: What's impossible...and that was, amusingly, the claim made about all three things mentioned.  You've only showed a similarity in claiming so.

Why?

...and, again, the above only goes to show that your current claim is like those previous claims made in error.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 30, 2018 at 1:21 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:14 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Discovery institute is a house of charlatans.  It is no surprise that what it says should be pleasing to your Christian ears because Christianity itself is a cult manufactured by charlatans.

Dr. Stephen C. Meyer and Dr. Behe are not charlatans.

Yes they are. For example Michael Behe had to admit on the stand that he was a lying piece of shit when his "irreducible complexity" scam fell apart.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 30, 2018 at 4:58 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:21 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Dr. Stephen C. Meyer and Dr. Behe are not charlatans.

Yes they are.  For example Michael Behe had to admit on the stand that he was a lying piece of shit when his "irreducible complexity" scam fell apart.

And Meyer is not biologist. His degrees are in something else.
Not sure, but I think he quit the Discovery Institute, realizing it would "dead-end" his career.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(December 30, 2018 at 3:21 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 3:14 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

Why?

...and, again, the above only goes to show that your current claim is like those previous claims made in error.

Because it is super complex and functional.

(December 30, 2018 at 4:58 pm)Nomad Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 1:21 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Dr. Stephen C. Meyer and Dr. Behe are not charlatans.

Yes they are.  For example Michael Behe had to admit on the stand that he was a lying piece of shit when his "irreducible complexity" scam fell apart.

Where does he say that.  Quote it.

(December 30, 2018 at 5:04 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 4:58 pm)Nomad Wrote: Yes they are.  For example Michael Behe had to admit on the stand that he was a lying piece of shit when his "irreducible complexity" scam fell apart.

Not sure, but I think he quit the Discovery Institute, realizing it would "dead-end" his career.

Where did you read he left the Discovery Institute?
This thread is my personal hell. Why do I keep coming back to it?! 😭
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(December 30, 2018 at 11:54 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: This thread is my personal hell.  Why do I keep coming back to it?! 😭

Why is it your personal hell?  I don't think it's bad.
(December 30, 2018 at 11:49 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 3:21 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Why?

Because it is super complex and functional.

"Super complex and functional" things arise without any guiding intelligence, as has been addressed... at length.... in this thread.   Again, your reasons for asserting that some x is impossible aren't even as good as others reasons were..and they ended up being wrong anyway. Arguments from incredulity aren't reliable in the best of cases, and your appears to be significantly less than the best of cases.

Additionally, and this has also been addressed at length, but your reason™ above wouldn't apply to something simple and functional, would it? Like a rock, or some bit of blunt organic chemistry? I ask, because most people expect that the precursor to dna was significantly less "complex" and "functional".

This leaves us in a strange situation, where a poor reason™..even if true, would not be a reason for the stated conclusion anyway.

Do you think this explanation for why something would be impossible is compelling when the allegedly impossible thing is a god, I wonder?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 30, 2018 at 5:04 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(December 30, 2018 at 4:58 pm)Nomad Wrote: Yes they are.  For example Michael Behe had to admit on the stand that he was a lying piece of shit when his "irreducible complexity" scam fell apart.

Actually he does have degrees but that just makes more shameful 
And it was Behe who left because he admitted the research was going nowhere and considering Disco Tutes funding gone down the shitter and the fact they reached none of their goals it's only a matter of time . Of course they are not the last of this but they are the most powerful .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 30, 2018 at 11:49 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

Where does he say that.  Quote it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Be..._testimony
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey