Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(January 11, 2019 at 2:18 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(January 10, 2019 at 11:26 pm)CDF47 Wrote: No, they worshipped false gods with fabricated myth creation stories.

I could go on about irony.
I could say something about hypocrisy.
I could...

But I'll just tell you that the human mind is truly a wonderful beast. How you can compartmentalize and say with a straight face that all other beliefs are "fabricated myths", while your own belief cannot possibly be included in the same category.
How you can assume that a particular myth is not fabricated, even though it appears on the records thousands of years after the first writings about any creation myth.
How your mind is so committed to a particular view that it cannot see the bigger picture.

I admit I don't know everything, but I do know enough to admire the human brain and all the crazy messed up minds that arise from all the brains walking around.

It is the only truth.  The other are fabricated myths which are mostly the same with different pagan gods.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
god is make believe!
(January 11, 2019 at 2:12 pm)no one Wrote: god is make believe!

No, He is the Creator of the heavens and the earth.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(January 11, 2019 at 2:13 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(January 11, 2019 at 2:12 pm)no one Wrote: god is make believe!

No, He is the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

No, he is make belief, as is heaven. Earth has nothing to do with him, nor does anything else besides the those sad besotted lumps of jelly where normal people nonchristian people have their brains.
No. There is no god! god is mankind's fear, arrogance, and hatred all rolled in to one major fabricated douche bag!
(January 11, 2019 at 11:42 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 11, 2019 at 11:36 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: And yet you cannot even describe what an apple is. Even after being asked on multiple occasions.

You've asked me what an "apple" is?   Must have missed it.

I'm good with definition 1 from M-W dictionary.

Apple
1 : the fleshy, usually rounded red, yellow, or green edible pome fruit of a usually cultivated tree (genus Malus) of the rose family.

Oh I'm sorry I thought we were using apple as a substitute for something else. 
I didn't know you were actually talking about apples.

I thought we were talking about god, something that I have no experience of and something that I have never even heard a good description of what one might be or do.

I do know of apples.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 4, 2018 at 4:12 am)CDF47 Wrote: Can anyone answer where the information bearing properties of DNA come from?

According to some scientists, in a biosemiotic system like DNA the signs and their meanings are linked by a code which is assigned arbitrarily within the system itself rather than by some external means.  Since such codes are arbitrarily assigned, they can come into existence through random molecular resorting.  In other words, matter can self-organize in ways other than evolution.  This is one important approach to abiogenesis.
(January 11, 2019 at 2:02 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(January 11, 2019 at 2:18 am)pocaracas Wrote: I could go on about irony.
I could say something about hypocrisy.
I could...

But I'll just tell you that the human mind is truly a wonderful beast. How you can compartmentalize and say with a straight face that all other beliefs are "fabricated myths", while your own belief cannot possibly be included in the same category.
How you can assume that a particular myth is not fabricated, even though it appears on the records thousands of years after the first writings about any creation myth.
How your mind is so committed to a particular view that it cannot see the bigger picture.

I admit I don't know everything, but I do know enough to admire the human brain and all the crazy messed up minds that arise from all the brains walking around.

It is the only truth.  The other are fabricated myths which are mostly the same with different pagan gods.

Isn't that special.
So, of all the stories, yours just happens to be the one that's true.
LOL

Somewhere you know that is a load of BS.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
For all those of ye who think ye have the answers, and those answers are a little voice in the back of your brains ye call god, watch:

Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
[quote='CDF47' pid='1876449' dateline='1547236935']
Quote:Can anyone answer where the information bearing properties of DNA come from?

You really should read a book on evolution.

Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey