Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(January 25, 2019 at 12:57 am)CDF47 Wrote: I suggest the article below from an establishment scientist:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/bar...evidence-0

I don't know what you mean by "establishment," but I get the feeling you're making a big, fat, argument from authority.  Good example of a fallacy.

But..... I mean, geeze, Cnsnews isn't exactly a reliable source, especially for science.  I mean, have you done any research on them?  I have.  They're right up there with Breitbart and Infowars.  Wikipedia seems to agree.   That's just a little five minute search; can you imagine how much I could dig up on them if I actually put some effort into them? 

If you're going to make an argument from authority, the least you could do is choose a credible source.

However, let's for the sake of argument, let's assume this source is credible (I mean, it's not, but I can still roll with it).  Guess what?  Authorities can be wrong. Authorities used to think leaching was a legitimate treatment for illness.  They used to think you could judge a person by the shape of their skull.  They used to think the world was flat.  They used to think all kinds of ridiculous things.  This is why an argument from authority is a logical fallacy, even when you use a credible source.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(January 25, 2019 at 12:57 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(January 24, 2019 at 6:42 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: I’m not watching your stupid YouTube videos. I shouldn’t even be responding to you, because I’m convinced you’re a troll, and I’m going against my own advice in this very thread. When the scientific consensus is that life was was designed by god, get back to me. Unfortunately for you, all available evidence points to evolution by natural selection. You’re silly, “wow, look how complex this is!  It’s just obvious!” is nonsense that I shouldn’t even bother responding to.

Quote:It's not just complex, it's functional (the information).  The establishment has been wrong so many times in the past and I believe it is happening again.  So many scientists throughout history have proved the establishment wrong despite facing persecution at times as well; for instance, the Earth revolves around the sun.

Listen, you little puke.  I’ve been a member of these forums for going on five years now.  Many of my cohorts have been here many, many years more than that.  Do you have any idea how many times we’ve heard this song and dance before?  Do you think you’re on the verge of a cutting-edge revelation that’s about to bust open the conspiracy of evolution? Get over yourself. Your intentional misunderstanding of science is no one’s problem but your own, and the only one who suffers for it is you. I’ll tell you what; if you distrust the mainstream scientific community so much, fucking leave society, will ya?  Go live in the woods somewhere and pray to Jesus you don’t die of dehydration or exposure.  If you aren’t willing to do that, then you’re tacitly admitting that you trust mainstream scientists, and your little pet theory is nothing more than shrapnel in your stupid face.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(January 25, 2019 at 7:28 am)TaraJo Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 12:57 am)CDF47 Wrote: I suggest the article below from an establishment scientist:

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/bar...evidence-0

I don't know what you mean by "establishment," but I get the feeling you're making a big, fat, argument from authority.  Good example of a fallacy.

But..... I mean, geeze, Cnsnews isn't exactly a reliable source, especially for science.  I mean, have you done any research on them?  I have.  They're right up there with Breitbart and Infowars.  Wikipedia seems to agree.   That's just a little five minute search; can you imagine how much I could dig up on them if I actually put some effort into them? 

If you're going to make an argument from authority, the least you could do is choose a credible source.

However, let's for the sake of argument, let's assume this source is credible (I mean, it's not, but I can still roll with it).  Guess what?  Authorities can be wrong. Authorities used to think leaching was a legitimate treatment for illness.  They used to think you could judge a person by the shape of their skull.  They used to think the world was flat.  They used to think all kinds of ridiculous things.  This is why an argument from authority is a logical fallacy, even when you use a credible source.

Exactly authorities can be wrong.  That was my main point in most my recent posts.  But, just to be kind enough to offer one of your TV scientists to show he believes a Creator exists, I posted the above.  The source is Kaku a famous TV scientist (forget the news site).  He believes a Creator must exist due to the super-symmetry in the universe.

(January 25, 2019 at 9:30 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Listen, you little puke.  I’ve been a member of these forums for going on five years now.  Many of my cohorts have been here many, many years more than that.  Do you have any idea how many times we’ve heard this song and dance before?  Do you think you’re on the verge of a cutting-edge revelation that’s about to bust the conspiracy of evolution wide open? Get over yourself. Your intentional misunderstanding of science is no one’s problem but your own, and the only one who suffers for it is you. I’ll tell you what; if you distrust the mainstream scientific community so much, fucking leave society, will ya?  Go live in the woods somewhere and pray to Jesus you don’t die of dehydration or exposure.  If you aren’t willing to do that, then you’re tacitly admitting that you trust mainstream scientists, and your little pet theory is nothing more than shrapnel in your stupid face.

OK, because I don't live out in the woods somewhere doesn't mean I have to trust the mainstream scientific community.  I will remain in society with my lack of trust for the system, LOL.  And, little puke??  Why are you so angry at me??  What did I say or do to warrant such a response?
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(January 25, 2019 at 10:01 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 9:30 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Listen, you little puke.  I’ve been a member of these forums for going on five years now.  Many of my cohorts have been here many, many years more than that.  Do you have any idea how many times we’ve heard this song and dance before?  Do you think you’re on the verge of a cutting-edge revelation that’s about to bust the conspiracy of evolution wide open? Get over yourself. Your intentional misunderstanding of science is no one’s problem but your own, and the only one who suffers for it is you. I’ll tell you what; if you distrust the mainstream scientific community so much, fucking leave society, will ya?  Go live in the woods somewhere and pray to Jesus you don’t die of dehydration or exposure.  If you aren’t willing to do that, then you’re tacitly admitting that you trust mainstream scientists, and your little pet theory is nothing more than shrapnel in your stupid face.

OK, because I don't live out in the woods somewhere doesn't mean I have to trust the mainstream scientific community.

Why, yes it does.  You leave your house every day, don’t you? You cook? Use your phone? Drive to work or school? Go to the doctor when you’re sick? Buy a stool softener at CVS if you’re constipated? Guess what? You trust mainstream scientific research, whether you like it or not.

Quote:LOL.  And, little puke??  Why are you so angry at me??  What did I say or do to warrant such a response?

Why am I so angry?  I don’t know, CDF.  It might have something to do with the upwards of 1500 pages of the pure, and reeking horse shit you’ve smeared all over this forum over the course of several months.  It might be that. It might also be PMS.  But I think...mostly the former.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(January 25, 2019 at 10:18 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 10:01 am)CDF47 Wrote: OK, because I don't live out in the woods somewhere doesn't mean I have to trust the mainstream scientific community.

Why, yes it does.  You leave your house every day, don’t you? You cook? Use your phone? Drive to work or school? Go to the doctor when you’re sick? Buy a stool softener at CVS if you’re constipated? Guess what? You trust mainstream scientific research, whether you like it or not.

Quote:LOL.  And, little puke??  Why are you so angry at me??  What did I say or do to warrant such a response?

Why am I so angry?  I don’t know, CDF.  It might have something to do with the upwards of 1500 pages of the pure, and reeking horse shit you’ve smeared all over this forum over the course of several months.  It might be that. It might also be PMS.  But I think...mostly the former.

I am a bit eery of the system.  I still live my life in society and, yes, have to trust certain aspects of it to survive.  

I understand you hate this thread but you make your attacks personal so maybe it is PMS, LOL.  For what it is worth, I didn't intend to offend you with my posts.
(January 25, 2019 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 10:18 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why, yes it does.  You leave your house every day, don’t you? You cook? Use your phone? Drive to work or school? Go to the doctor when you’re sick? Buy a stool softener at CVS if you’re constipated? Guess what? You trust mainstream scientific research, whether you like it or not.

I am a bit eery of the system.  I still live my life in society and, yes, have to trust certain aspects of it to survive.  

I understand you hate this thread but you make your attacks personal so maybe it is PMS, LOL.  For what it is worth, I didn't intend to offend you with my posts.

Your Christian bullshit is but some of the more loathsome parts of the oldest, vilest, most self serving, most deceitful, most completely founded and dependent upon ignorance and gullibility, and the most thoroughly discredited “system” and “establishment” still yet afflicting the human society,  you contemptible fanatical ignorant ass hat.
(January 25, 2019 at 11:48 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote: I am a bit eery of the system.  I still live my life in society and, yes, have to trust certain aspects of it to survive.  

Your Christian bullshit is but some of the more loathsome parts of the oldest, vilest, most self serving, most deceitful, and most completely and utterly discredited “system” and “establishment” still yet afflicting the human society,  you contemptible fanatical ignorant moron.

That's one way to put it...

I'd just say that he's blinded by his religious and engineering bias into attributing a divine design where none is likely to be.
(January 24, 2019 at 11:50 pm)Paleophyte Wrote: Somebody please take this thread out to a cross-roads and bury it face down with a stake through its heart.

Wont suffice: you need to chop the head off and put garlic in its mouth, then bury it in a silver coffin with a giant cross on the lid, then sprinkle it with holy water.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(January 24, 2019 at 6:20 pm)CDF47 Wrote: [quote='downbeatplumb' pid='1879702' dateline='1548352158']
One problem with intelligent design is that it fails to explain anything about the alleged designer.
(January 24, 2019 at 6:20 pm)CDF47 Wrote: That's not the purpose of ID.  They purposely do not get into that.  They focus on the science which points to a Creator.

And yet all you have is repeatedly saying that because DNA is complex then it must have been designed.
There are testable ideas of what could have led to DNA without the need for a designer. Work is being done on these and although they aren't proven they do have the benefit of being fully fleshed out ideas with some evidence that agrees they are possible.
Whereas the "designer" proposal has no idea how the designer went about not only designing but implementing its design and then you have the additional problem of explaining the designer.
Let me put it bluntly.
There is zero science that points to a creator.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 25, 2019 at 11:48 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 11:35 am)CDF47 Wrote: I am a bit eery of the system.  I still live my life in society and, yes, have to trust certain aspects of it to survive.  

Your Christian bullshit is but some of the more loathsome parts of the oldest, vilest, most self serving, most deceitful, most completely founded and dependent upon ignorance and gullibility, and the most thoroughly discredited “system” and “establishment” still yet afflicting the human society,  you contemptible fanatical ignorant ass hat.

Rather than attack my religion, why not try to argue the facts that I presented?

(January 25, 2019 at 11:56 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(January 25, 2019 at 11:48 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Your Christian bullshit is but some of the more loathsome parts of the oldest, vilest, most self serving, most deceitful, and most completely and utterly discredited “system” and “establishment” still yet afflicting the human society,  you contemptible fanatical ignorant moron.

That's one way to put it...

I'd just say that he's blinded by his religious and engineering bias into attributing a divine design where none is likely to be.

It's not an engineering and religious bias.  I was a skeptic before.  There is engineering inside the cell.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey