Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(April 9, 2019 at 2:54 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(April 8, 2019 at 9:33 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

You buy into the who nothing created everything lie and that is no straw man argument.
What we are saying is we don't know what caused the universe to come into being. Science isn't finished yet and there are quite few ideas as to what could have done it.

However we can rule out some things that are not really not likely to cause universes. Gods are so unlikely to have caused the universe that no serious scientist working in relevant fields see it as a possibility.

Scientists do not feel that way.  There are many believing scientists.

(April 9, 2019 at 7:39 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: "CDF47" @

Well, that makes the umpteenth time you've responded to my posts with a puerile denial instead of a reasonable rebuttal. You're like a little kid who doesn't know how to argue/debate and can only pout, stamp his foot and shout, "No, it isn't! No, is ISN'T!" As I said above, you're not very good at this. You haven't, thus far, made a rational case of any kind. All of your groundless claims have been handily and soundly refuted. You're rather pathetic, really. Dodgy

No, I am not, LOL.

(April 9, 2019 at 10:44 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: IKR?  Bricks are just as impossibly complex as any person.

I never said that.  I just said everything was designed.  Scientists find fine-tuning everywhere.

(April 9, 2019 at 1:38 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Not according to our boy here.  He did start with the idea that some things were dumb and not designed, and other things were smart and so were..but it took him all of a few pages to reverse himself on that.  Everything is too complex. 

He's been babbling for so many pages now that there's nothing he's said or will say that you couldn't quote him directly arguing against himself with.  

-and people doubted the value of the thread, lol.  Wink

Totally false.  Again, I said everything is designed.  See my post above.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Which of you two assholes has it right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I took a shit, I designed it with my intestines and colon, not god. Prove me wrong.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
This thread is proof that there can be no loving god.
(April 9, 2019 at 9:20 pm)_  ){possibletarian Wrote:
(April 9, 2019 at 3:03 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Actually, no.   We know they are designed because we’ve seen them designed.   But I can think of natural processes that will produce regularly shaped blocks from clay naturally baked by coal seam fires.   

So if I am to land on another planet that has no other indication of intelligence, just a pile of regularly shaped fire baked clay blocks,  I would not assume that along is proof of intelligence on the planet.

Anthropamorphizing complex processes by attributing its properties to design is just a juvenile effort to indulge in the pretense of knowing without undertake even a minimal effort at credibly finding out.

I suppose it would depend on the type of brick and how they had been used (or not) some for instance have writing and bake numbers on, some are used in builds, which unless you are really willing to stretch a point would be a sign of intelligence.

If they were simply laying around in the ground though you could ask how they got there would be the way to go, and why they are exactly the same size, as opposed to similar shapes at irregular sizes.  I'm not sure i know of any natural process that produces items that have nothing in common with their surrounds but are identical.

Of course if we are talking about just one brick that's different.

Basaltic lava flow can have nothing in common with the surface upon which it flowed.  Yet because of the homogeneity in the temperature and composition of the lava, when the lava solidifies and cools further, it can for almost uniform hexagonal columnar joints that can look as uniform as a batch of manufactured hexagonal rods.   Here is devil’s postpile national monument.   It is the solidified, cooled, contracted and as a result columnaly jointed remains of a basaltic lava flow that erupted from the edge of the Long Valley magma chamber 260,000 years ago near mammoth, California.  Similar columnar jointing can be found all over the world, including at the afore mentioned giant’s causeway.  It is even found on Mars.

Note in addition to the intelligent designed looking but not intelligently formed columns, the talus pile of nearly identically sized, strangely uniformly hexagonal fragments broken from the collapsed columns at the base.   These are more intelligent looking than bricks, for they are hexagonal and still fit almost perfectly together.

[Image: Natural-Rock-Formations-Devils-Postpile.jpg]

When the tops of the columnar jointed basaltic lava are eroded and polished by an overriding glacier, the hexagonal jointed columns can look to all the geologically ignorant and wishthinking to be an intelligently planned and crafted array of carefully cut, polished, and laid hexagonal flagstones.

In the picture below overwhelmingly pavement looking area of apparently carefully cut, polished and laid pavingstones on the right are really the top of columns in the devil’s Postpile national monument.   The nearly horizontal striations are left behind by a glacier that moved from the left to the right down from the Minarets portion of the Sierra Nevada range.

Because the lava flowed onto pre-existing ground with completely different sedimentary and metamorphic rack composition, the paving stone looking hexagons exists in a isolated patch where the lava flowed, and abuts directly against totally different metasedimentary rocks and derived soil, on the left.

Looks like it was made by Intelligence?  Definitely if you are wishthinking and not inclined to get to the bottom of things.   Actually made by intelligence?  No.

The pile of uniformly hexagonal brick like talus at the bottom of decil’s Postpile a sign of intelligence?  Probably yet to the likes of Cdf.  No to something substantially more intelligent and well informed than Cdf 47, such as any one of the the hexagonal basaltic blocks amongst the talus.

[Image: 7b4f3a49-7cf3-46e9-acd4-9694a0f40557.jpeg]
(April 9, 2019 at 9:20 pm)CDF47 Wrote:
(April 9, 2019 at 7:39 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: "CDF47" @

Well, that makes the umpteenth time you've responded to my posts with a puerile denial instead of a reasonable rebuttal. You're like a little kid who doesn't know how to argue/debate and can only pout, stamp his foot and shout, "No, it isn't! No, is ISN'T!" As I said above, you're not very good at this. You haven't, thus far, made a rational case of any kind. All of your groundless claims have been handily and soundly refuted. You're rather pathetic, really. Dodgy

No, I am not, LOL.

You're still in denial, and that's all you will ever do.

Ban Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(April 10, 2019 at 3:30 am)__Gwaithmir Wrote:

No, I am not, LOL.

You're still in denial, and that's all you will ever do.

Ban Great

He is here in the vain hope of poaching lurking souls who are so forsaken as to be just as pitifully deprived of discernment and the most basic benefits of human progress since the Iron Age as he himself.  But the very vanity of his hope provides enjoyable sport for all those upon whom he presumes to inflict himself.

But we needn’t hope as he does because every minute he is here he provides delightfully reassuring concret counterexample to highlight just how pitiful we could have been had we through sheer madness or staggering mischance embraced a cult as disgusting as his, and let us indulge in the most Heart felt thanks for having the judgement not to and so becoming so infinitely better off than being the lowermost bookend to human intellect as he makes himself while in the service of his cult.

So let’s not ban him and keep him around.
(April 10, 2019 at 3:43 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(April 10, 2019 at 3:30 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: You're still in denial, and that's all you will ever do.

Ban Great

He is here in the vain hope of poaching lurking souls who are so forsaken as to be just as pitifully deprived of discernment and the most basic benefits of human progress since the Iron Age as he himself.  But the very vanity of his hope provides sport for all those upon whom he presume to inflict himself.

But we needn’t hope as he does because every minute he is here he provides delightfully reassuring concret counterexample to highlight just how pitiful we could have been had we through sheer madness or staggering mischance embraced a cult as disgusting as his, and let us indulge in the most Heart felt thanks for having the judgement not to and so becoming so infinitely better off than being the lower bookend to human intellect as he makes himself.

So let’s not ban him and keep him around.

Well said!

Now that you mention it, he is sort of fun to watch. I'm all finished trying to reason with him, however. I don't want to be accused of abusing someone who is clearly mentally challenged.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(April 9, 2019 at 9:18 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I disagree.  He is a just God and needs justice for evil committed.  He hates evil and is at war with it.  He will destroy it one day.  It is just serving its purpose for now.
Why is he unable to destroy it today?

(April 9, 2019 at 2:54 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: What we are saying is we don't know what caused the universe to come into being. Science isn't finished yet and there are quite few ideas as to what could have done it.

However we can rule out some things that are not really not likely to cause universes. Gods are so unlikely to have caused the universe that no serious scientist working in relevant fields see it as a possibility.

Scientists do not feel that way.  There are many believing scientists.
Wrong. Just wrong.

(April 9, 2019 at 9:20 pm)CDF47 Wrote: I never said that.  I just said everything was designed.  Scientists find fine-tuning everywhere.

Totally false.  Again, I said everything is designed.  See my post above.
What would something "not designed" look like?
(April 10, 2019 at 2:18 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(April 9, 2019 at 9:20 pm)_  ){possibletarian Wrote: I suppose it would depend on the type of brick and how they had been used (or not) some for instance have writing and bake numbers on, some are used in builds, which unless you are really willing to stretch a point would be a sign of intelligence.

If they were simply laying around in the ground though you could ask how they got there would be the way to go, and why they are exactly the same size, as opposed to similar shapes at irregular sizes.  I'm not sure i know of any natural process that produces items that have nothing in common with their surrounds but are identical.

Of course if we are talking about just one brick that's different.

Basaltic lava flow can have nothing in common with the surface upon which it flowed.  Yet because of the homogeneity in the temperature and composition of the lava, when the lava solidifies and cools further, it can for almost uniform hexagonal columnar joints that can look as uniform as a batch of manufactured hexagonal rods.   Here is devil’s postpile national monument.   It is the solidified, cooled, contracted and as a result columnaly jointed remains of a basaltic lava flow that erupted from the edge of the Long Valley magma chamber 260,000 years ago near mammoth, California.  Similar columnar jointing can be found all over the world, including at the afore mentioned giant’s causeway.  It is even found on Mars.

Note in addition to the intelligent designed looking but not intelligently formed columns, the talus pile of nearly identically sized, strangely uniformly hexagonal fragments broken from the collapsed columns at the base.   These are more intelligent looking than bricks, for they are hexagonal and still fit almost perfectly together.

[Image: Natural-Rock-Formations-Devils-Postpile.jpg]

When the tops of the columnar jointed basaltic lava are eroded and polished by an overriding glacier, the hexagonal jointed columns can look to all the geologically ignorant and wishthinking to be an intelligently planned and crafted array of carefully cut, polished, and laid hexagonal flagstones.

In the picture below overwhelmingly pavement looking area of apparently carefully cut, polished and laid pavingstones on the right are really the top of columns in the devil’s Postpile national monument.   The nearly horizontal striations are left behind by a glacier that moved from the left to the right down from the Minarets portion of the Sierra Nevada range.

Because the lava flowed onto pre-existing ground with completely different sedimentary and metamorphic rack composition, the paving stone looking hexagons exists in a isolated patch where the lava flowed, and abuts directly against totally different metasedimentary rocks and derived soil, on the left.

Looks like it was made by Intelligence?  Definitely if you are wishthinking and not inclined to get to the bottom of things.   Actually made by intelligence?  No.

The pile of uniformly hexagonal brick like talus at the bottom of decil’s Postpile a sign of intelligence?  Probably yet to the likes of Cdf.  No to something substantially more intelligent and well informed than Cdf 47, such as any one of the the hexagonal basaltic blocks amongst the talus.

[Image: 7b4f3a49-7cf3-46e9-acd4-9694a0f40557.jpeg]

They are not as you say uniformly hexagonal (or even nearly so)  I found one with 5 sides, 6, and 7 right next to each other, they are of varying sizes and angles careful examination of more than a few seconds would show that. They are also explained by a lava flow and are understood in the context of that.  They don't 'fit' together as you say, they formed at the same time which of course is very different, nor can they be said as you say  and I quote.... These are more intelligent looking than bricks, for they are hexagonal and still fit almost perfectly together.

*italics mine

Bricks on the other hand are the same size, have the same angle (perfect right angles) same amount of perfectly flat sides (or identical indentations or holes), separate from each other and clearly didn't react with each other for shape and size as is clearly the case in your picture(s)

Given what we know about nature, even with the illusionary semblance of design shown in the pictures which after a quick glance clearly is not uniformly designed, as I have already said objects like bricks with exact angles and uniform size simply do not appear in nature.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1342 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7504 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7461 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3885 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2200 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1471 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5050 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey