Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 10:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(May 4, 2019 at 7:49 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 4, 2019 at 7:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: We don't know if aliens exist.
(May 4, 2019 at 7:36 am)CDF47 Wrote: Agreed. I don't think they do but not totally sure.

Why don't you think aliens exist?
I am the opposite way round I think its likely that life exists elsewhere because it exists here but until proven I could not say for sure.

Now about god I am more leaning towards your stance on aliens, I am 99.99999999999999999% sure that there is no god, BUT I am always open to being proven wrong. It would take some seriously good evidence to convince me, but there is always the chance no matter how small that I am wrong. (let me be clear, I would be the most surprised person in the history of surprise if it turns out there is a god)

I think the universe is vast as it is shows the power and Glory of God.

How can you not believe in God when a code was found in our DNA?

(May 4, 2019 at 7:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Given the number of chances (planets available, etc.) for life to start I don't see how we couldn't have aliens somewhere out there, NOW, THEN, or in the FUTURE.

I don't think we'll ever meet any intelligent ones, however, it took billions of years for intelligent life to develop on this planet. (Yay, dolphins, for making that a true statement.)

We haven't found any signs of intelligent life after a pretty long search.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(May 3, 2019 at 9:44 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 3, 2019 at 2:13 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: The proof of what, nutbar?  Something not covered by the bold? All information is encoded , by definition.  

Here's what you should be wondering.  Who turned you on to ID, initially?  Who had so little respect for you, as a person, and for your christian faith....that they sent you down this ridiculous path?

I discovered ID on my own doing my own research on the subject since my public and Catholic school system failed in these regards and others.

We look forward to seeing the peer-reviewed results of your "research" in NATURE.  Hehe
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(May 4, 2019 at 8:31 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(May 3, 2019 at 9:44 am)CDF47 Wrote: I discovered ID on my own doing my own research on the subject since my public and Catholic school system failed in these regards and others.

We look forward to seeing the peer-reviewed results of your "research" in NATURE.  Hehe

When uneducated ignoramuses are talking about "research" its usually this
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(May 4, 2019 at 7:36 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2019 at 2:15 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: That one little sentence actually reveals a lot more than you thought when you posted it.

You are no engineer except in the sense that a dishwasher might be referred to as a "domestic utensil engineer".

You have no meaningful qualifications in any field. An actual graduate engineer would hang his/her head in shame at the crap you have presented here.

You claimed that a programmer would know everything about a simulation that he created. "count every hair on your head" was the hyperbole you used. To counter that I presented an example of a simulation where the outcomes cannot be known in advance. Your response was "Who cares about galaxies". You entirely missed the point (which an actual engineer would not) thus providing further evidence that you are not a real engineer.

Actual engineers are fully aware that they may hold any opinion on any topic at a personal level, but that it is actionable to allow such to cross over into material claims of fact. This comes into focus when one is required to submit professional evidence and testify in a court of law. I can tell you for a fact that your bullshit would be hurled out of court immediately. One cannot stand up in court and tell a judge that "I feel the defendant is guilty" that would be stupid. In every case where I have been prevailed upon to step up in court to present expert testimony as an engineer, I have made damn sure that I was bulletproof in that testimony.

You are unaware of such matters. You are no engineer.

I gave one short response to a post on the Internet after sifting through a ton of responses and that disqualifies me as an engineer...lol. it was a short response on my part and could have been better but relax man.
Correct, for once. Yes, That one short sentence demonstrates that you are no engineer. To cap that off, you have no clue why that might be. Not the foggiest.

You are a moron. That is not an insult, it is a conclusion based on YOUR evidence that YOU have exhibited right here.

Based on what YOU have posted it is unlikely that you have progressed beyond home schooling.

Frankly, like all victims of abuse, you have my sympathy. But nobody can help you if you want to wallow in it.
(May 3, 2019 at 12:58 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: I do find it intresting that CDF47 does NOT think that aliens exist (On the caveat that I am unsure as to whether CDF47 means 'On the hole' or in relation to 'hey come visit us')

However

They, CDF47, are quite happy to believe in something demostrably, weirder, stranger and even less coherant than life beyond out little blue dot.

T'is odd, in-it?

Not at work.

I believe the vastness of the cosmos is to show God's power and Glory.

Yes but you probably think the sweetness of a Jelly bean shows the power and glory of God too  Hehe
Religion is the top shelf of the supernatural supermarket ... Madog
(May 4, 2019 at 12:19 pm)madog Wrote:
(May 4, 2019 at 7:36 am)CDF47 Wrote: I believe the vastness of the cosmos is to show God's power and Glory.

Yes but you probably think the sweetness of a Jelly bean shows the power and glory of God too  Hehe

And the stench of fart and the foulness of puke too.
(May 4, 2019 at 8:07 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2019 at 7:49 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Why don't you think aliens exist?
I am the opposite way round I think its likely that life exists elsewhere because it exists here but until proven I could not say for sure.

Now about god I am more leaning towards your stance on aliens, I am 99.99999999999999999% sure that there is no god, BUT I am always open to being proven wrong. It would take some seriously good evidence to convince me, but there is always the chance no matter how small that I am wrong. (let me be clear, I would be the most surprised person in the history of surprise if it turns out there is a god)

I think the universe is vast as it is shows the power and Glory of God.
So now you finally admit that the universe is NOT fine tuned for us. Most of it will kill us outright. If it is tuned then it certainly is not tuned for us.

(May 4, 2019 at 8:07 am)CDF47 Wrote: How can you not believe in God when a code was found in our DNA?
Because it was there long before we spotted it and it will be there long after we are gone. If humanity had never happened, it would still be there. Making the leap to a magic sky fairy is just stupid.

(May 4, 2019 at 8:07 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(May 4, 2019 at 7:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Given the number of chances (planets available, etc.) for life to start I don't see how we couldn't have aliens somewhere out there, NOW, THEN, or in the FUTURE.

I don't think we'll ever meet any intelligent ones, however, it took billions of years for intelligent life to develop on this planet. (Yay, dolphins, for making that a true statement.)

We haven't found any signs of intelligent life after a pretty long search.
And once again more evidence that you are not an engineer of any stripe. You have no clue what SETI actually is, what it does, how it does it shat it's limitations are or what it finds.

Go get an education.
Quote:We haven't found any signs of intelligent life after a pretty long search.
We have barely begun to look 

Quote:I think the universe is vast as it is shows the power and Glory of God.
Way to dodge the question
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 2, 2019 at 8:19 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(April 23, 2019 at 11:04 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: [Image: 56280-B50-EE81-4-AAC-BF21-410393-BC4-EAC.jpg]

Actually prophecies in the Bible came true. It is the only source that can truly make that claim.

About 1/2 of them didn't, and there were a lot of non-canonical prophets. 
Do you think you will ever take a class on the Bible ?

(April 30, 2019 at 5:53 pm)CDF47 Wrote: He exists everywhere.  He is almighty and all knowing of every thought, word, and action in this universe just like if we programmed a computer simulation game we could know everything we wanted to know about them.  Jesus said every hair on our head is counted.  God knows everything.

Genesis 3:22 "And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever"

I guess he knows a threat when he sees one.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(June 26, 2018 at 8:34 pm)CDF47 Wrote: This was a scientific thread with religious implications.  Then I was asked religious questions which is understandable.

(May 3, 2019 at 12:58 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: I do find it intresting that CDF47 does NOT think that aliens exist (On the caveat that I am unsure as to whether CDF47 means 'On the hole' or in relation to 'hey come visit us')

However

They, CDF47, are quite happy to believe in something demostrably, weirder, stranger and even less coherant than life beyond out little blue dot.

T'is odd, in-it?

Not at work.

I believe the vastness of the cosmos is to show God's power and Glory.

(May 3, 2019 at 5:21 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Thing is, and I know this, Aliens exist outside of time and space. They are interdimensional beings.

They are not restricted by our human limits.

Who created them?

(May 4, 2019 at 2:15 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: That one little sentence actually reveals a lot more than you thought when you posted it.

You are no engineer except in the sense that a dishwasher might be referred to as a "domestic utensil engineer".

You have no meaningful qualifications in any field. An actual graduate engineer would hang his/her head in shame at the crap you have presented here.

You claimed that a programmer would know everything about a simulation that he created. "count every hair on your head" was the hyperbole you used. To counter that I presented an example of a simulation where the outcomes cannot be known in advance. Your response was "Who cares about galaxies". You entirely missed the point (which an actual engineer would not) thus providing further evidence that you are not a real engineer.

Actual engineers are fully aware that they may hold any opinion on any topic at a personal level, but that it is actionable to allow such to cross over into material claims of fact. This comes into focus when one is required to submit professional evidence and testify in a court of law. I can tell you for a fact that your bullshit would be hurled out of court immediately. One cannot stand up in court and tell a judge that "I feel the defendant is guilty" that would be stupid. In every case where I have been prevailed upon to step up in court to present expert testimony as an engineer, I have made damn sure that I was bulletproof in that testimony.

You are unaware of such matters. You are no engineer.

I gave one short response to a post on the Internet after sifting through a ton of responses and that disqualifies me as an engineer...lol. it was a short response on my part and could have been better but relax man.

(May 4, 2019 at 7:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: We don't know if aliens exist.

Agreed. I don't think they do but not totally sure.

FSM. Ask me a tough one.  FSM exists outside of time as FSM is an uncaused cause.

Bless
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1002 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1352 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7505 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7462 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3887 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2201 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1472 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1996 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5054 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2000 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey