Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 2:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck you, anti-vaxxers
RE: Fuck you, anti-vaxxers
(February 9, 2019 at 10:25 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Wasn't it just a few months ago that it came out in the wash that the antivaxxers were targeting somali immigrants in  minnesota?   Have these asshats just up and got themselves a wagon to travel the countryside peddling snakeoil to rubes, lol?

I'd guess that ignorance is likely to come in clusters-- or, clusterfucks if you prefer.  I'm pretty sure that the Venn diagram for flat-earthers, birthers, and anti-vaxxers is going to look a lot more like a slightly out-of-focus spotlight than like the Olympic rings.
(February 1, 2019 at 6:58 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(February 1, 2019 at 6:26 am)tackattack Wrote: Yes mine are. Aside from Dutch reformists and Jewish and Islamic dietary concerns I’m having a difficult time actually finding out what the actual objections to vaccinations are. Any antivaxers care to illuminate me?

Some people got into their heads, that vaccines cause autism, among other things. It's mostly conspiracy theory nonsense, but it's been gaining momentum among the general public, largely because of one fraudulent medical study from 20 years ago and support of dim-witted and/or misinformed celebrities.

Among the celebrities who pushed the anti-vaxxer bullshit is Jenny McCarthy. I have a real problem with her and I think these people, like her, who have pushed and continue to push this nonsense should be held accountable and prosecuted for placing public health at risk. But I found out recently that there are twenty states that allow what is called "philosophical exemptions," therefore anti-vaxxers are getting away with this shit. That should not be.

(February 1, 2019 at 9:57 am)bennyboy Wrote:
(February 1, 2019 at 9:54 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Ehhh, there are plenty of left hippy new agers that don't vaccinate as well.  It's not really partisan issue.  The lefty healing crystal chakra-aligning granola-munching west coast is just as anti-science as parts of the right.

There's a common link: individuals who, despite knowing fuck all about anything, are so confident in their world views that they won't listen to the experts.

I think that is called willful ignorance. It is dangerous. It is something that the rest of us who want to stay alive and have a planet and a future to leave our kids and great grandkids should fight with extreme prejudice.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
(February 9, 2019 at 5:54 pm)Secular Elf Wrote: But I found out recently that there are twenty states that allow what is called "philosophical exemptions,"  therefore anti-vaxxers are getting away with this shit.  That should not be.

It's only 18, now.

But 47 states allow "religious exemptions" -- what the hell is a religious exemption, if not another name for "philosophical exemption"?

The only  exemption should be for medical reasons -- as verified by a licensed physician.
-- 
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2168 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior EruptedCarcassBloat 84 9725 October 12, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 4753 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy SmootherPebble 131 23009 October 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181
  Anti vaxers at it again? KichigaiNeko 7 2047 May 16, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Anti-vac children on the line Kayenneh 10 4966 January 26, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Fuck Creationist Morons Minimalist 10 6330 December 21, 2011 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Aegrus