Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Time to embrace Islam!
RE: Time to embrace Islam!
(December 10, 2019 at 12:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I didn’t read what you stated.

I’ve had religious propaganda pushed on me since I was 4 or 5, so I’ve likely seen multiple versions of your claims, in multiple formats.

Mine was a general statement of fact: reality is better than fantasy.  Especially bad fantasy.

Okay, I suppose you have some ready made answers to my religious propaganda which you didn't read, why don't you copy them here ?

(December 10, 2019 at 12:44 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Funny how you disregarded everything I said. this only proves what I always: most Theists are too lazy to look for the truth, or simply don't care about it, or are arrogant enough to think their brilliant mind will surpass even the one true holy book they didn't read.

I have to again inform another woefully misinformed lost lamb.

I'm not an atheist, I am a devout Pastafarian here to spread the goodwill and cheer of our lord FSM, give out free beers and save lost lambs like yourself.

I suppose you read the "Serious" tag written in red besides the title.

(December 10, 2019 at 12:47 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I’m always amused that it’s atheists who are claimed to be arrogant simply because we don’t believe the claims put forth by books or their advocates and we ask questions instead of blindly accepting everything that’s put before us.

Yet those individuals who claim we are arrogant come onto atheist leaning communities and tell us we should belueve their particular fiction because only their “holy” book conatains the “truth”, usually with a capital “t” and at least one exclamation mark.  Meanwhile the other religions, from which theirs is derived, are wrong, as are the other versions of their own religions.

They quote passages from their book, post “miracle” videos that “prove” their religion while nixing the same type of “evidence” put forth by other religions, and assail us with personal revelations they’ve had.

And they expect us to accept this “Truth!!” Without question as if we haven’t encountered these claims multiple times.

But WE’RE the arrogant ones...

I dont recall writing truth with a capital t nor using an exlamation mark, I also didn't post any miracle video.

It's not my fault you were exposed for so long to bad theology, just because someone presented the subject matter in a bad or embarassing way isn't an excuse to give up on the subject matter altogether.
Read back to where I stated “usually”.

I’ve read several “holy” books and reject them.

Why should I waste more of my valuable time on them?

Don’t try mentioning hell or torment. Fear tactics don’t work on me.
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:It's not my fault you were exposed for so long to bad theology

Sorry, is there another kind?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2019 at 1:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Read back to where I stated “usually”.

Don’t try mentioning hell or torment.  Fear tactics don’t work on me.

What works on you then ? spiders ?

(December 10, 2019 at 1:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, is there another kind?

Boru

Yes, the kind you didn't read.
(December 10, 2019 at 1:54 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:
(December 10, 2019 at 1:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Read back to where I stated “usually”.

(December 10, 2019 at 1:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, is there another kind?

Boru

Facts.

Backed up with evidence.

Not evidence:

YouTube videos,
Personal “experiences”.
Quotes from “holy” books,
Claims,
Appeals to authority,
Appeals to numbers (two billion muslims! Yes, and 5 billion non muslims),
Appeals to ignorance
(December 10, 2019 at 1:54 pm)Klorophyll Wrote:

Boru

But I've read the Quran (I own three of them) and some commentaries on it.

I found it wordy and poorly thought out.

Quote:What works on you then ? spiders ?

I wouldn't bet on it.  When spiders want to scare each other, they tell Valkyrie stories.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2019 at 3:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 10, 2019 at 1:54 pm)Klorophyll Wrote: What works on you then ? spiders ?

But I've read the Quran (I own three of them) and some commentaries on it.

Quote:What works on you then ? spiders ?

I wouldn't bet on it.  When spiders want to scare each other, they tell Valkyrie stories.

Boru

I also have one. And while it has been years, I have read it.

And I found it wanting.
(December 10, 2019 at 3:24 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(December 10, 2019 at 3:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: But I've read the Quran (I own three of them) and some commentaries on it.

Boru

I also have one.  And while it has been years, I have read it.

And I found it wanting.

I've yet to read a 'holy' book (and I've read more than a few) that made me think, 'Hmmm....maybe there's something to this.'

Boru
Even if this wish granting sky magic sky pig of yours was real, why would I want anything to do with it?
(December 10, 2019 at 3:32 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 10, 2019 at 3:24 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I also have one.  And while it has been years, I have read it.

And I found it wanting.

I've yet to read a 'holy' book (and I've read more than a few) that made me think, 'Hmmm....maybe there's something to this.'

Boru

I have one on a shelf in my home office right next to a bible and at the end of a line of medical text and reference books.

I like to think if it as “fact”, “fact”, “wishful thinking”.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7876 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5482 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33869 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet