Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official live update of spread of COVID19
RE: Official live update of spread of COVID19
Well, I do own a firearm, but it's I don't watch Alex Jones. Or Fox News.

I live alone and still do travel nursing on occasion that requires me to drive way out to the Middle of Fucking Nowhere, Virginia. Why wouldn't I want to be able to protect myself if I need to? More importantly, what the fuck has that got do with me opposing Whiter's ridiculous overreach?

I don't see politics or even the world in general in such black and white terms as you do, @SUNGULA
I resent both fuckshit parties--so if you assume that because I don't take parrot your preferred "side" like a child on every single fucking issue then I must surely be on the "other", you are deeply mistaken. 

I tend to disappoint hyper-partisan types, be they left or right. We may agree on some things but I inevitably wind up saying something they don't want to hear.

It is what it is.
To set the record straight 

I'm clearly talking about these people 

[Image: 27290502-0-image-a-14_1587076425247.jpg]

Not these people 

[Image: GettyImages_515177654.0.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I get it, dude, just acknowledge that you could have at least have worded it better so we can move onto the actual fucking discussion.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 18, 2020 at 11:26 pm)Athene Wrote: Well, I do own a firearm, but it's I don't watch Alex Jones. Or Fox News.

I live alone and still do travel nursing on occasion that requires me to drive way out to the Middle of Fucking Nowhere, Virginia. Why wouldn't I want to be able to protect myself if I need to? More importantly, what the fuck has that got do with me opposing Whiter's ridiculous overreach?

I don't see politics or even the world in general in such black and white terms as you do, @SUNGULA
I resent both fuckshit parties--so if you assume that because I don't take parrot your preferred "side" like a child on every single fucking issue then surely I must be on the "other", you are deeply mistaken. 

I tend to disappoint hyper-partisan types, be they left or right. We may agree on some things but I inevitably wind up saying something they don't want hear.

It is what it is.
For the love of rod 

1. I never said you own a gun i said people like you ( people who object to the quarantine) ethier sulk or wave guns around .I put you in the former by implication  

2. I never said you watch Alex Jones i clearly said you were being paranoid like Jones 

3.No i was pointing out you are essentially repeating the same talking points as Trump and the Republicans .If you take offence to that that's your problem . Because it's  true .Hell i could do a side by side quote .So i didn't even bring up party agreement .

(April 18, 2020 at 11:34 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I get it, dude, just acknowledge that you could have at least have worded it better so we can move onto the actual fucking discussion.
Oh i know you get it .But apparently other people don't .
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 18, 2020 at 11:27 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: To set the record straight 

LOL...Weren't you up in here promoting your buddy's Antifa video a while back?
So....what? You've got a problem with a little resistance now?

You should know that Confederate flag wavers aren't the only ones who see the problem in this situation.

I guarantee you there are plenty of people besides who take issue with a potential police state.
(April 18, 2020 at 11:39 pm)Athene Wrote:
(April 18, 2020 at 11:27 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: To set the record straight 

LOL...Weren't you up in here promoting your buddy's Antifa video a while back?
So....what? You've got a problem with a little resistance now?

You should know that Confederate flag wavers aren't the only ones who see the problem in this situation.

I guarantee you there are plenty of people besides who take issue with a potential police state.
1.Anifa isn't the same .Not all resistance groups are equal, And i support anti fascism not everything done in its name .

2.I never implied everyone who is protesting is a Confederate flag waver

3.It's not now nor likely ever going to be a police state so there is that .
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 18, 2020 at 11:36 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: For the love of rod 

3.No i was pointing out you are essentially repeating the same talking points as Trump and the Republicans .

Lol...So fucking what? They actually have a decent point this time!
Am I supposed to ignore that because there's a few racists in the crowd? At a time like this?

Ooh--racists in America. How unusual

If these governors turn of the heat up and start policing citizens movements more heavily and restrict the ability to procure food and basic necessities even more, which communities do you think stand to be impacted the worst?

Think about it.
(April 18, 2020 at 11:58 pm)Athene Wrote:
(April 18, 2020 at 11:36 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: For the love of rod 

3.No i was pointing out you are essentially repeating the same talking points as Trump and the Republicans .

Lol...So fucking what? They actually have a decent point this time!
Am I supposed to ignore that because there's a few racists in the crowd? At a time like this?

Ooh--racists in America. How unusual

If these governors turn of the heat up and start policing citizens movements more heavily and restrict the ability to procure food and basic necessities even more, which communities do you think stand to be impacted the worst?

Think about it.
1. I was pointing it out your the one making an issue of it (spoilers no their arguments suck)

2. Never implied you should (you should ignore them because they are nuts)

3.Again racism is aside the point 

4. As opposed to the communities being ravaged by Covid ? think about it
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 18, 2020 at 11:09 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(April 18, 2020 at 11:01 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Actually, the big issue in this case is that you used a very poor choice of words when trying to debate her that risks derailing the discussion over the precarious balance of public safety and the ability of many people to actually sustain the recommended quarantine into just another row about racial issues that will never get resolved.
It's not my problem people read racism into something that clearly had nothing to do with race (i was clearly talking about anti stay at home protesters)

For the record, I only assumed that you were attempting to castigate me as a Trump supporter and/or a conspiracy theorist--of which I am neither, btw.
(April 19, 2020 at 12:11 am)Athene Wrote:
(April 18, 2020 at 11:09 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: It's not my problem people read racism into something that clearly had nothing to do with race (i was clearly talking about anti stay at home protesters)

For the record, I only assumed that you were attempting to castigate me as a Trump supporter and/or a conspiracy theorist--of which I am neither, btw.
Not the former but yes the latter .
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 16558 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 505 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How many people will die due to covid spread over memorial day CarveTheFive 20 1595 May 19, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Georgia Reporter Groped on Live TV Divinity 69 4488 December 18, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Update on NDE hoax story purplepurpose 12 1794 November 6, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1480 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  It's official!... Weather is controlled by chemtrails. ignoramus 17 2424 September 18, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let The People Die As Long As The Corporations Live On Minimalist 6 1680 July 3, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Fox News Anchor Quits Live On Air Foxaèr 8 2608 June 3, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm Brian37 25 4630 January 26, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: account_inactive