Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 5:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official live update of spread of COVID19
RE: Official live update of spread of COVID19
The American Medical Association (AMA) on November 11 filed an amicus brief asking a federal appeals court to preserve a Biden administration rule that requires companies with 100 or more employees to have their workers vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to regular testing.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I really think that it's not about COVID deniers and anti-vaxxers so much any more as it is COVID fatigue. People here are just over it.

I went to the post office yesterday to mail a package and where just a couple months ago there would have been masks required and distancing in the line...about 1/3 of the people in there were wearing masks and the 6 foot distance thing is apparently not a thing any more.

After that I went into a grocery store to the pharmacy. Every employee I saw was masked up but I only saw one other customer in a mask.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I understand everyone being sick of the virus. I am too. But that doesn't make it go away.

What I am SO fatigued over, and I am actually having some emotional issues over that need medicating, is the dissemination of abject lies by people who are in power. They have infected others with these lies, and now a huge number of people in the country believe absolute fucking nonsense and garbage about Covid and the vaccines and medicine in general. Truth does not matter whatsoever. Everyone's a mother fucking amateur scientist and they don't know what the fuck they are talking about, yet they're extremely confident they're right about it. As a result, real people are dying real deaths.

Fuck everyone.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
We still have to wear masks at work, mainly due to the employees who won't or can't get vaccinated. The residents are all vaccinated, but the few employees nit vaccinated are ruining it for the rest of us.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 16, 2021 at 9:01 pm)Foxaire Wrote: We still have to wear masks at work, mainly due to the employees who won't or can't get vaccinated. The residents are all vaccinated, but the few employees nit vaccinated are ruining it for the rest of us.

Masks and social distancing in public remain mandatory in my state.  People here are pretty good, with only a sprinkling of fuckwits. No one bothers to pull them up. With any luck they will get pinged by the police. It's a hefty fine. Can be up to $5000. Fines of that magnitude have been issued (on the spot) to reckless party goers.

If that doesn't happen I'd prefer such people got really sick and died. However, that places a burden on our health services. What about a massive fine for any  intentionally unvaccinated adult who contracts the virus?

Singapore has already announced that people who are wilfully unvaccinated and contract the virus will not be covered for medical expenses.
(November 16, 2021 at 9:01 pm)Foxaire Wrote: We still have to wear masks at work, mainly due to the employees who won't or can't get vaccinated. The residents are all vaccinated, but the few employees nit vaccinated are ruining it for the rest of us.

Curious, have all the residents and vaccinated staff received boosters?
(November 17, 2021 at 9:14 am)brewer Wrote: Curious, have all the residents and vaccinated staff received boosters?

No idea. I can only speak for myself, and I've already mentioned it. Went online to set an appointment for the booster, but they said I didn't qualify. After checking the CDC requirements, I actually do qualify because I work in Healthcare. Inconveniently, that aspect was missing from the online checklist. So when I feel like it, I will need to call directly to set an appointment.
~ Erin Hunter
(November 17, 2021 at 9:23 am)Foxaire Wrote:
(November 17, 2021 at 9:14 am)brewer Wrote: Curious, have all the residents and vaccinated staff received boosters?

No idea. I can only speak for myself, and I've already mentioned it. Went online to set an appointment for the booster, but they said I didn't qualify. After checking the CDC requirements, I actually do qualify because I work in Healthcare. Inconveniently, that aspect was missing from the online checklist. So when I feel like it, I will need to call directly to set an appointment.

Tell them you're a smoker, comorbid condition. I'm sure that you consider yourself smoking (hot). Hehe

But seriously, why isn't your employer setting up onsite immunization for staff and clients? Florida effect?
Infection rate here is climbing, local count was 253 new infections today, 7 day average 190 (up from 140 a week ago), 198 in hospital.

Also locally, cases of covid in white tail deer have been reported. Mind your P's&Q's OLB.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroo.../deer-sars
A large group of cops were in the building the other night. They were here to arrest someone with a warrant of vehicular homicide. Not a single one of them was wearing a mask. Uncertain if it was due to this being Florida or if they just figure they no longer have to wear masks due to being vaccinated.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 16574 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 505 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How many people will die due to covid spread over memorial day CarveTheFive 20 1595 May 19, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Georgia Reporter Groped on Live TV Divinity 69 4489 December 18, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Update on NDE hoax story purplepurpose 12 1795 November 6, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1483 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  It's official!... Weather is controlled by chemtrails. ignoramus 17 2424 September 18, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let The People Die As Long As The Corporations Live On Minimalist 6 1680 July 3, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Fox News Anchor Quits Live On Air Foxaèr 8 2608 June 3, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm Brian37 25 4631 January 26, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: account_inactive