Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam
RE: Islam
Quote:If you're an EX-Muslim, then shouldn't you be able to get beyond the sexist cliches and think in a more progressive way?
Unless his progress is a result of rejecting Islam or is part of cultural trend in contrast to Islam 

Quote:Or perhaps your cliched thinking doesn't depend on your being a Muslim -- perhaps it wasn't Islam that made your thinking sexist.
Or it was and he's moved another way in contrast to Islam or he maintains the Sexism in accordance to Islam without being a Muslim
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 14, 2020 at 7:29 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:I'm an ex-muslim 

so shut up idiot
Irrelevant
Hilarious
Being Ex something does not give you credibility.If it did then Dirch's claim to be an Ex Atheist would hold sway, And it doesn't
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I wonder how the 72 virgins feel with some skank with a beard
Considering it's raisins i'm not sure 

[Image: wn7cchinhdn31.png]

[Image: 0XTykm4Xtg1alBamJb6a7rq5FCKH7u29OKMWS3mX...F71pbrgNKQ]

I think i'll stick to the two hotties i already have copious amounts of sex with
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 14, 2020 at 7:25 pm)masoni Wrote: shut up idiot

I understand that anti-progressive, dogmatic people often want to shut up those who disagree with them. 

Those of us with progressive Western values, however, think that free speech is desirable in almost every case. Shutting up other people is often a mark of extremist dogma, including the worst kind of Muslim. 

If you think that I'm incorrect in what I say, I'll be happy to read a reasoned argument as to why you think so. This is the way in which modern progressives reach understanding, if not agreement. 

If you think I've violated the rules of the forum, you can report me to the moderators. I promise to abide by their decisions. 

This is a discussion forum, so anyone in good standing is free to respond to the posts of others. If this is unpleasant to you, you should probably go to a different forum, where absolute agreement of views is enforced more strictly. It would be very anti-progressive, but it might be more to your liking.
Quote:I understand that anti-progressive, dogmatic people often want to shut up those who disagree with them. 

Those of us with progressive Western values, however, think that free speech is desirable in almost every case. Shutting up other people is often a mark of extremist dogma, including the worst kind of Muslim. 

If you think that I'm incorrect in what I say, I'll be happy to read a reasoned argument as to why you think so. This is the way in which modern progressives reach understanding, if not agreement. 

If you think I've violated the rules of the forum, you can report me to the moderators. I promise to abide by their decisions. 

This is a discussion forum, so anyone in good standing is free to respond to the posts of others. If this is unpleasant to you, you should probably go to a different forum, where absolute agreement of views is enforced more strictly. It would be very anti-progressive, but it might be more to your liking.
Your progressive larping is hilarious
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 15, 2020 at 12:09 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(July 14, 2020 at 7:25 pm)masoni Wrote: shut up idiot

I understand that anti-progressive, dogmatic people often want to shut up those who disagree with them. 

The obsessive way of posting masoni shows is worthy of 4chan or similar forums; not to this one. So I advice him to go there.

Whenever you read somebody writing "72 virgins"; you know that you're about to hear racist, xenophobic Right wing anti-Muslim propaganda, repeated since 2009 in forums.

So he's wasting his time here in my opinion.
(July 15, 2020 at 3:11 am)WinterHold Wrote: So he's wasting his time here in my opinion.

Unfortunately I suspect he's getting exactly what he wants: an opportunity to spew his emotions, and a pal to back him up. If he wanted anything beyond that, he would make some minimal effort. 

He's not the only one to use the forum in that way.

Since he is unwilling to formulate a coherent argument, unable to justify his assertions, and incapable of tolerating differing views, he's providing evidence that these problems are not caused by religion. Whether he had these problems when he was a Muslim I don't know; he certainly still has them now that he's not.
(July 15, 2020 at 3:55 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(July 15, 2020 at 3:11 am)WinterHold Wrote: So he's wasting his time here in my opinion.

Unfortunately I suspect he's getting exactly what he wants: an opportunity to spew his emotions, and a pal to back him up. If he wanted anything beyond that, he would make some minimal effort. 

He's not the only one to use the forum in that way.

Since he is unwilling to formulate a coherent argument, unable to justify his assertions, and incapable of tolerating differing views, he's providing evidence that these problems are not caused by religion. Whether he had these problems when he was a Muslim I don't know; he certainly still has them now that he's not.

Indeed; there are even mods that agree to this kind of behavior. After all the trolling phenomena in this forum increased nowadays. But the forum still has a good side and that's what I'm betting on.

The behavior this member is showing exposes him and exposes his mentality and that's a fact. Under pressure, you can see him resort to sexist, threatening vocabulary:

https://atheistforums.org/thread-61304-p...pid1987811

Quote:masoni said:

Kick these fuckers out of NATO and let Vlad have his way with them.

But the mods didn't ban him. The mod @BrianSoddingBoru4 even repped this sick troll.

It is a fight between the good side in this forum and the bad side. Troll behavior and breaking the rules is even protected by some mods.

Once upon a time, there was a Muslim mod even called @Rayaan; these were the times when tolerance towards Muslims and theists was fair in this place. But now it is turning into a cheaper copy of 4chan where violent propaganda exists. And members like @BrianSoddingBoru4 are mods, and trolls like masoni roam and threaten Muslims with impaling. Shame, really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7876 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5483 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33869 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet