Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone
RE: Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone
The boyfriend handles the bills. *shrugs*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 21, 2020 at 9:05 pm)Eleven Wrote: The boyfriend handles the bills. *shrugs*

My gay neighbor let his boyfriend take care of all the bills, too. He got a rude awakening when the guy died. I recommend paying more attention to your monetary situation. Seriously. Not saying anyone, that boyfriend or yours, were ripping anyone off, but when people die, vultures circle in on the survivors. When my FiL died, people were calling my MiL with pleas for money from "charities" that my FiL supposedly paid into. She was starting the slide into Alzheimer's and dementia by then, and fortunately my wife caught it in time. Crooks are everywhere. Share your financial health with your boyfriend, both ways. Boyfriend gets killed in a wreck, and there you are destitute. Pay attention, young man!   Panic
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Adults are people responsible enough to not get surprised too often. I have the month's bills paid before the 15th and then I send Boss Lady a copy of the Excel for archiving on her machine. Check the bank account daily for any surprises. Robin had her debit card information stolen twice, so I am motivated to keep an eye on the entries.
Information 
(August 22, 2020 at 6:40 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Adults are people responsible enough to not get surprised too often. I have the month's bills paid before the 15th and then I send Boss Lady a copy of the Excel for archiving on her machine. Check the bank account daily for any surprises. Robin had her debit card information stolen twice, so I am motivated to keep an eye on the entries.

Adults are also not clones of each other. 

I have a college degree. And having been in many of offices of professors, it would be a myth to assume every teacher has a pristine museum quality office. If forget which famous person talked about a clean desk, but it when something like , "If your desk isn't messy, it means you haven't done any work." I have been in professor's offices that looked like episodes of Hoarders (in the cluttered sense, not sanitary sense.)

I don't think in terms of black and white. Is it ideal to schedule? One can argue that sure, and nobody likes late fees. But in my entire time of bill paying, I have never been cut off. (edit, to clarify) I have never had my water, electric or cable cut off. I have had my late bill added to the next bill. But I have never been cut off with those utilities. 

I actually love my paranoia. More often than not, I over pay and that get's credited to my next bill. And the good thing about most utilities, is you have a grace period. 

My late adoptive father was a HS biology teacher, and my mother said he was always horrible with money. 

Even with my cell phone. I have missed my pay date, get cut off, but the easy part is I simply dial customer service after not being able to dial out, and simply get them to reinstate my service. Only takes minutes. 

I am myself no longer having to live paycheck to paycheck myself. And I do try to stick to a budget. But I also hate having to think about it at the same time.

Even today, I still use a debit card. I love the fact that it cuts me off unlike a credit card. I simply transfer money from my other account to it. That forces me to limit what I spend.
I always know what I have available.
Words you never expect to hear: I love my paranoia.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Pay bills manually online, I'm not a fan of automatic withdrawals. My husband likes it, but I finally have dragged him to my way of thinking. My reason is that there are times when banks double withdraw, and while usually we have enough money in our account, I don't like more coming out than is necessary.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 548 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1989 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 1057047 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Of Jeopardy/Whoopi Goldberg and real life. Brian37 2 691 April 23, 2020 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 984 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27998 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Your phone's ringtone. Foxaèr 33 3790 May 17, 2018 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5444 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  How would you deal with an annoying person? Axis 29 2921 February 23, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Forced To Live With An Obnoxious Person Mechaghostman2 21 3570 January 16, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger