Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Well, hell. If faux news can get Tucker Carlson off because nobody in their right minds would believe the shit he says, all bets are off for Kellogg's and their fruit-substituted Pop-Tarts. We truly live in a post-fact world.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 26, 2021 at 11:17 pm)Fireball Wrote: Well, hell. If faux news can get Tucker Carlson off because nobody in their right minds would believe the shit he says, all bets are off for Kellogg's and their fruit-substituted Pop-Tarts. We truly live in a post-fact world.

We didn't have pop tarts here when I was growing up. Don't know about now. Either the lawsuit is vexatious or somebody is trying to set a precedent. That would be interesting to see. Lots of lawyers are going to get very richer as such cases drag on for years.

I have type 2 Diabetes.  When I was first diagnosed, I went to the diabetes clinic at the local hospital. The no nonsense lecturer told us that under no circumstances should we eat any Kellogs products.    Generally speaking, these products are basically simple carbohydrates which should be voided by diabetics. We were told there were two cereals suitable for diabetics; rolled oats ( not easy oats) and Weetbix, made by Sanitarium a local company owned b one of the smaller christian sects.

These days I usually have porridge, sometimes with strawberries, which are allowed. No sugar added. I use granulated SPLENDA, which I suspect may be very bad, seeing as they've already been caught out on a couple of lies
QAnon Influencer Is A Convicted Child Molester

Quote:A QAnon influencer who accuses Democratic Party politicians of being pedophiles has been identified in two reports as a registered child sex offender. David Todeschini, 70, goes by the name of “David Trent” online where his thousands of fans listen to him opine on any number of conspiracy theories related to the broader QAnon movement.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
From a recent far right wing rally in Idaho.

I particularly like the "they are trying to provoke you". The damn rational people, we hate them.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 26, 2021 at 3:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 26, 2021 at 3:19 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They aggressively market the product as being strawberry, and dye the product to fit with that representation - strawberries being higher value than apples and pears..which is what they're made out of.  Other manufacturers do the same, and prominently mark their products to reflect that reality - made with natural and artificial sweeteners.  The overall effect (it's contended) is that consumers are being defrauded in a fairly blatant way - and other producers are losing business to that product explicitly because of their deceptive practices.

It’s Pop-Tarts, mate. No producers are losing business because of misnamed fruit filling - people who want actual strawberries will purchase them. No one seriously believes that Kellogg’s are a fruit vendor. People don’t buy toaster pastries for the authentic strawberry goodness any more than they buy a McBurger for that real grilled steak experience.

Pop-Tarts are junk food and everybody knows it. Caveat emptor.

Boru
Even junk foods can get smashed for deceptive labeling.  The claim here is very literally that the consumer is lead to believe that the product is less junk than they already know it is, and that this sort of information influences our purchasing habits - is in fact the largest determinant of purchasing habits..which is the whole point of minimal honesty in labeling and any regulation to that effect.  They're not wrong. I doubt anyone would get what they wanted out of it - mind you.

The "no one seriously believes" defense of deceptive labeling or marketing practices is the tucker carlson strategy of bad faith producers. While it might fly for a talking head on an entertainment network..we know for a fact that many reasonable people believe the things they read on product packages precisely because we count on some oversight. Application is, ofc, sporadic and seemingly arbitrary.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 29, 2021 at 6:05 am)brewer Wrote: From a recent far right wing rally in Idaho.

I particularly like the "they are trying to provoke you". The damn rational people, we hate them.

I love how these assholes pretend to play the victim when everyone knows they are the bullies.,
X class solar flair arriving! Panic
(October 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm)brewer Wrote: X class solar flair arriving! Panic

I didn’t know they were so stylish.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2021 at 6:13 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm)brewer Wrote: X class solar flair arriving! Panic

I didn’t know they were so stylish.

Boru

Fuck me! Waves at 37.
Hilarious

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4421 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37