Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 4:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Bitcoin Price Has Lost Half Its Value—Again
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 24, 2022 at 10:49 am)Fireball Wrote:
(January 24, 2022 at 8:20 am)brewer Wrote: 'The ruby slippers.'

Well, those monkeys were flying!

Exactly.

(January 24, 2022 at 1:18 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Bitcoin Price Has Lost Half Its Value—Again

Then this is the time to let it drop another 25% and then not buy.

For us geriatrics:

Older adults with higher baseline systolic blood pressure (SBP) levels have a lower risk for incident dementia, and more distinctly U-shaped associations between SBP and dementia risk were observed only in those older than 75 years, according to a study in JAMA Internal Medicine.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaint...ct/2787089
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a challenge by Republican lawmakers to pandemic-related proxy voting rules set by Speaker Nancy Pelosi in the Democratic-led House of Representatives that were tailored to limit exposure to COVID-19.

The voting rules, implemented in May 2020, allow members of the 435-seat House to serve as proxies for colleagues in quarantine or otherwise unable to cast floor votes in the chamber. House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy and other lawmakers had asked the Supreme Court to reverse a lower court decision that allowed the remote voting rules to remain in effect.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-supr...022-01-24/
Militarized Dolphins Protect Almost a Quarter of the US Nuclear Stockpile

Since Bangor, Washington, now houses the largest single nuclear weapons site in the world, it needs protection from all sides, including the seaward side. That's where the Navy's dolphin pods and sea lions come in. Navy spokesman Chris Haley says the animals have been defending the waters around the stockpile, holding roughly 25% of the United States’ 9,962 nuclear warheads, since 2010.

The United States isn't the only country known to train marine animals for these kinds of missions. Its sea mammal mission only became public knowledge in the 1990s, however. The Soviet Union trained dolphins for similar harbor protection.

After the fall of the USSR, the program was said to be in limbo, and the Soviet-trained dolphins are believed to have been sold to Iran in 2000. Russia is said to have been looking to update its training program, and may even have used them in Syria.

Satellite imagery near the North Korea city of Nampo has revealed what look to be dolphinariums in the Taedong River, meaning North Korea may have a dolphin-based anti-infiltration plan of its own.

https://www.military.com/history/militar...kpile.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
President Biden referred to Fox Propaganda reporter Peter Doocy as 'a stupid son of a bitch' for asking if he (Biden) thought inflation would be a liability in the 2022 midterm elections.

This is known as saying the out loud part out loud.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Rudy Guiliani Selling 9-11 T-Shirts For $911.00

Quote:WABC Radio, where Giuliani has a regular show, is selling signed 9/11 shirts for $911.00. Customers can choose from 1 of 3 colors to be signed by the former Mayor.

There is no bottom.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
FIGHT CLUB is now screening in China -- but instead of ending with a city demolished by Tyler Durden's anarchy, text appears on screen to explain: "the police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wgea/f...censorship
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Flying car receives certification of airworthiness in Slovakia

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/flyi...ia-1418413
(January 25, 2022 at 7:55 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: FIGHT CLUB is now screening in China -- but instead of ending with a city demolished by Tyler Durden's anarchy, text appears on screen to explain: "the police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals"

Well, it looks like the Hays Code is alive and well and living in China. Actually, this might be a bit more depressingly predictable if the anonymous blogger is right in their hunches about [i]Ocean’s 11[/url], because the original film ended with all the money being burnt in a coffin that was meant for cremation.

(January 25, 2022 at 6:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Rudy Guiliani Selling 9-11 T-Shirts For $911.00

Quote:WABC Radio, where Giuliani has a regular show, is selling signed 9/11 shirts for $911.00. Customers can choose from 1 of 3 colors to be signed by the former Mayor.

There is no bottom.

Boru

I’m sorry, I must have misread that, I thought it said Rudy Giuliani was selling a T-shirt that costs over 900 fucking dollars with nothing but his signature (which seems to have a market value of about $100-200) justifying the exorbitant cost.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 25, 2022 at 12:22 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 25, 2022 at 7:55 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: FIGHT CLUB is now screening in China -- but instead of ending with a city demolished by Tyler Durden's anarchy, text appears on screen to explain: "the police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals"

Well, it looks like the Hays Code is alive and well and living in China. Actually, this might be a bit more depressingly predictable if the anonymous blogger is right in their hunches about [i]Ocean’s 11[/url], because the original film ended with all the money being burnt in a coffin that was meant for cremation.

(January 25, 2022 at 6:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Rudy Guiliani Selling 9-11 T-Shirts For $911.00

There is no bottom.

Boru

I’m sorry, I must have misread that, I thought it said Rudy Giuliani was selling a T-shirt that costs over 900 fucking dollars with nothing but his signature (which seems to have a market value of about $100-200) justifying the exorbitant cost.

I think I also misread it, because I thought it said that Rudy Giuliani is a mercenary scumbag with no more moral centre than a fetid pile of pig shit.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4461 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 538 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1606 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37