Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
A school board in Tennessee has just banned 'Maus', a Pulitzer Prize-winning graphic novel about the Holocaust, due to disturbing imagery and eight objectionable words.

I wish them luck in finding family-friendly Holocaust books.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
They don't need luck. The entire point of revisionism and sanitization is to make historic atrocity family friendly - to better sympathize with it's perpetrators. We do this for alot of things in our schools. We might be asked to write a letter to a president as a settler explaining their fears and concerns, requesting that the federal government remove the savage from our lands. Recall, our establishing ourselves here is told as a story about a dinner party in november.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Good for Neil Young. Fuck Joe!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/entertain...index.html
Pat McCrory, the governor responsible for north carolina's disastrous anti trans bathroom bill, knows who's really being discriminated against - and it is him.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/politics/...index.html
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 27, 2022 at 12:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Good for Neil Young. Fuck Joe!

I hope no longer getting that $1.37 monthly royalty payment from Spotify doesn’t cause Neil any financial distress.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I don't trust Putin one bit. I think that jackass is going to pull what Germany did in WW2 to excuse invading Poland,  and create a ruse to make excused to invade Ukraine.
(January 27, 2022 at 12:53 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Pat McCrory, the governor responsible for north carolina's disastrous anti trans bathroom bill, knows who's really being discriminated against - and it is him.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/politics/...index.html

From the article:

Quote:Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory said last year that not receiving an offer to teach at Duke University upon leaving the governorship was "blacklisting" and comparable to the refusal to serve Black Americans at lunch counters in the 1960s during segregation.

Yeah, that’s the same.

Boru
(January 27, 2022 at 1:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 27, 2022 at 12:15 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Good for Neil Young. Fuck Joe!

I hope no longer getting that $1.37 monthly royalty payment from Spotify doesn’t cause Neil any financial distress.

Boru

Pretty sure Neil isn't worried about his finances. But it is the principle. Neil is sticking up for truth, Spotify is selling crap that is putting lives in danger.
(January 27, 2022 at 1:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 27, 2022 at 1:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I hope no longer getting that $1.37 monthly royalty payment from Spotify doesn’t cause Neil any financial distress.

Boru

Pretty sure Neil isn't worried about his finances. But it is the principle. Neil is sticking up for truth, Spotify is selling crap that is putting lives in danger.

That was kinda my point. Neil Young is worth an estimated $200 million, and Spotify royalties are insignificant.

Boru
(January 27, 2022 at 4:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: A school board in Tennessee has just banned 'Maus', a Pulitzer Prize-winning graphic novel about the Holocaust, due to disturbing imagery and eight objectionable words.

I wish them luck in finding family-friendly Holocaust books.

Boru

They're planning on using Springtime for Hitler instead.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4460 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 538 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1605 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37