Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 9:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(December 12, 2023 at 12:45 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
Quote:Rich people who build 'really fancy houses' become 'less happy'
, says Munger.

CNBC

A paid off house makes me happy. All the other shit that comes with home owning, not so much.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This is an illustration for “November 2024” in the Russian Federal Security Service calendar.

[Image: Calen.jpg]

https://amg-news.com/we-have-a-problem-t...ll-report/

I am sure that MAGA would just surrender.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 13, 2023 at 3:28 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: This is an illustration for “November 2024” in the Russian Federal Security Service calendar.

More like welcome their liberators with brass bands and open arms.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 12, 2023 at 12:45 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
Quote:Rich people who build 'really fancy houses' become 'less happy'
, says Munger.

CNBC

When we were shopping for houses I found a huge place going for only $4,100,000. It was fully furnished by someone who's taste was entirely in their mouth. Or like fifty movie sets. Unclear as to which. I considered buying it and opening a Kitsch Emporium.
(December 13, 2023 at 3:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 13, 2023 at 3:28 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: This is an illustration for “November 2024” in the Russian Federal Security Service calendar.

More like welcome their liberators with brass bands and open arms.

Boru
I remember seeing magats wearing t-shirts saying, "I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat" in 2015, so yeah.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm not feeling the love.
So let me get this straight. According to the Jim Jordan Hunter Biden is a bad guy for not answer a subpoena when he himself refused to answer a subpoena. But unlike Jordan he's will to answer it if it's in public were they can't lie about what he said.  

Amazing Dodgy

https://www.newsweek.com/jim-jordan-show...ts-1778993
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Germany charges 27 suspects for planning to violently overthrow the government.
And a reminder the group made contact with Russian officials

Quote:For the first time after a series of raids last year, federal prosecutors in Germany on Tuesday brought charges linked to an alleged coup plot hatched by members of the far-right "Reichsbürger" movement.

According to prosecutors, the group made contact with Russian officials seeking to establish a new order in Germany once the Berlin government was overthrown. They also began stockpiling weapons.

Prosecutors said the suspects planned to set up 280 armed units across Germany that would have been tasked with "arresting and executing" people after a coup. They planned to break into the Reichstag parliament building in Berlin armed and arrest members of the Bundestag.

Members of the movement believe deep-state conspiracy theories that deny the existence of Germany's post-World War II Federal Republic and reject the authority of the German government. They claim that the 1937 borders of the German empire still exist.

They were therefore convinced by various conspiracy myths for example that Germany is currently ruled by members of a so-called deep state.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-charges-27...a-67703212
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
People need to watch more start trek and less fox news.
(December 13, 2023 at 3:31 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: More like welcome their liberators with brass bands and open arms.

Boru

Yeah, putin had the whole parade thing right.   Turns out he had the wrong address, is all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4415 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 537 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1602 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37