Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 6:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Random Humorous Things - A Light-Hearted Thread
RE: Random Humorous Things - A Light-Hearted Thread
Mongooses.

Reminds me of an old joke: A man is delivering a pair of mongooses to a zoo. There’s no one around, so he leaves the animals in their crate and writes a note.

‘Here are the two mongooses you ordered.’ That doesn’t look right to him, so he changes it to, ‘Here are the two mongeese you ordered.’ That doesn’t look right either. So he thinks for a bit and writes, ‘In this crate is the mongoose you ordered. Also in this crate is the other mongoose which you also ordered.’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 23, 2020 at 8:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Mongooses.

Reminds me of an old joke: A man is delivering a pair of mongooses to a zoo. There’s no one around, so he leaves the animals in their crate and writes a note.

‘Here are the two mongooses you ordered.’ That doesn’t look right to him, so he changes it to, ‘Here are the two mongeese you ordered.’ That doesn’t look right either. So he thinks for a bit and writes, ‘In this crate is the mongoose you ordered. Also in this crate is the other mongoose which you also ordered.’

Boru

This is why English is so damned difficult.  There are as many exceptions as there are rules.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 23, 2020 at 9:02 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 23, 2020 at 8:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Mongooses.

Boru

This is why English is so damned difficult.  There are as many exceptions as there are rules.

That's because we simply make up the rules as we go along......
[Image: tumblr_nkcxv4b3FO1swp3bdo1_250.gifv]
There was a man on a train with a box.

Another man on the train asked, "what was in the box?"

The first man says, "It is a mongoose because his brother sees cobras everywhere."

The second man says, "Well, if your brother is seeing cobras then they aren't real are they?"

The first man says, "Neither is the mongoose."
A real mouse is plural mice.
A computer mouse is plural mouses.
I read that years ago somewhere... Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 23, 2020 at 8:03 pm)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: A real mouse is plural mice.
A computer mouse is plural mouses.
I read that years ago somewhere... Dunno

And a Disney mouse is big merchandising....
one ox
two oxen
therefore
one box
two boxen
(November 22, 2020 at 5:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: [Image: 201120211130-parks-canada-split-large-169.jpg]

Apparently, this is a thing. In Canada, salt used on icy roads splashes onto cars, and people are deliberately parking in moose-infested areas, hoping for a photo op of - you guessed it - a moose licking their car.

Just when you thought people couldn’t get any more stupid...

Boru

When I first saw those signs, what popped in my head was this scene from A Christmas Story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1t9YZlVCKk

...but with a new twist:  Bullwinkle stuck to a Porsche.
Disappointing theists since 1968!
[Image: 126374131_10224380882610991_219698502869...e=5FE2C471]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just some random thoughts Sigiere 1 657 May 22, 2023 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Random tank chatter robvalue 21 3342 April 1, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8646 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 4064 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Random revolutionary ideas HorribleOffensiveScouser91 3 2733 November 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: jonb
  WTF Photos (Humorous Edition) thesummerqueen 16 7062 October 26, 2012 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More