Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you care?
RE: Why do you care?
(December 2, 2011 at 6:41 am)The_Flying_Skeptic Wrote: The idea of hell is troublesome. I am troubled by how so many people can believe in something so immoral. I don't feel comfortable around people that believe good people should go to hell for having different beliefs.

There are 35,000 denominations of Christianity. I would bet each one has a person going to hell for a different reason. I base my belief in who is going to hell on what Jesus said in the four Gospels of the New Testament. That's it. The #1 reason is failure to believe in Jesus, Himself. So, one has to try to figure out what Jesus Christ represents.

I won't go into it at length in this post, but when I think of what Jesus Christ represents, and then I think what I would deserve if I turned my back on that, I believe I would deserve hell and nothing less. In fact, I would lose a great deal of respect for God if he didn't throw me in hell, if knowing what I know, I rejected Christ.

A Hindu growing up in the slums of Calcutta isn't rejecting Christ. A Buddhist growing up in Thiland isn't rejecting Christ. An African Muslim isn't rejecting Christ. The atheists in here, many of them, have a major problem, in my opinion. Jesus Stoning Devil

Quote:The #1 reason is failure to believe in Jesus, Himself.

Makes your god something of a vindictive prick, doesn't it?
(December 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm)Egor Wrote: And I don’t want to see individuals lead down a spiritually dead path.
I don't like to hear that there are people like you who go down a brain dead path, but hey your close-mindedness and wilful ignorance is your prerogative. Don't mind me, waste your one and only life trolling.

(December 1, 2011 at 11:10 pm)Godschild Wrote: I have a real dislike for the gay life style, however I do not hate gays that would not be Christ like.
A "real dislike" is a passionate or intense dislike which is also hate. *sigh* You never seem to think about what you type before you submit it do you?

As an asexual, I dislike you, jackass.
(December 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Min, sugar, I don't want to give you a heart attack. I quite like you. Wink

I for one, am willing to risk it.Big Grin
(December 1, 2011 at 10:16 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Linky for Shelly

Is this this edgar or whatevers actual blog!

If so, he is a bigotted objectonal prick who lets his prejudice do the thinking for him.

What a fetid baboons rectum.

I'm not a fan.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I think it's cute how this guy ignores most of us and our finer points. I am going to take that as proof that he has no argument.

(December 2, 2011 at 6:10 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I think it's cute how this guy ignores most of us and our finer points. I am going to take that as proof that he has no argument.

His first argument was proof that he has no argument.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
LOL

True, but he's still being evasive. I heard that's when you've won an argument with a theist. When they ignore logical points altogether.

I wouldn't waste too much time on the douche. Judging by his blog, he will last about a minute here. He will then post on his blog about how unjust we all are. Luckily, I can publish a refutation of his blog post on publications that people actually read. It would be kind of funny if I published a piece about his blog, packed with perfect SEO, so it will rank higher than his actual blog. Hmmm. Project?
(December 2, 2011 at 4:39 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(December 1, 2011 at 10:16 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Linky for Shelly

Is this this edgar or whatevers actual blog!

It's for sure the blog of the Egor that was banned from the .com forum about the time this one joined here. Since the crap he posted there is indistinguishable from what was posted there I'd have to say the evidence is indisputable.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
He has a link to this forum on his blog under places I hang out. He even has his name listed as Egor. It's definitely him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 5241 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Exclamation Why Atheism is Incoherent & You Aren't as Smart as You Think You Are Seax 60 5244 March 19, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)? theMadJW 117 10837 April 29, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3563 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7959 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 20513 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14711 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Does Prayer Really Work? Does God Even Care? Eel_LahjicK 63 11720 August 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  God doesn't care for baptisms Foxaèr 2 1037 March 31, 2014 at 11:06 am
Last Post: truthBtold
  Why, why, why? Little Rik 39 11696 June 14, 2013 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Little Rik