Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)?
Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)?
Just a serious discussion, free of egotism & assumption?
Can you TAKE facts?

I can...
Most Believe ONLY what they WANT to Believe... Bubble Gum
RE: Care to Seriously Consider the Existance of a Creator (God)?
Huh, what?
I think I read this story already.
Even if there was none of the nut-job cults on this planet have any connection to it.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
When you come up with some facts that are free of a need for "belief" or "faith" and are not dependent on second or third party testimony - written or verbal -

THEN I might.
(April 25, 2020 at 5:06 pm)theMadJW Wrote: Just a serious discussion, free of egotism & assumption?
Can you TAKE facts?

I can...
You make a great many assumptions for a newbie
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

We've all seriously considered the existence of a creator which is why we're atheists.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(April 25, 2020 at 5:06 pm)theMadJW Wrote: Just a serious discussion, free of egotism & assumption?
Can you TAKE facts?

I can...

No, I don’t care to seriously consider the existence of a creator.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Can you TAKE facts?

I can...

OK, but not seriously!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Can you TAKE facts?

I can...

If you start out by declaring that you can TAKE facts (with the implication that other people can't) that comes across as a bit egotistical, to be frank.

But if you have a reasonable argument to make I'll read it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creator God Gets to Make the Rules zwanzig 25 1926 August 6, 2023 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4678 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  God as a non-creator Fake Messiah 13 1558 January 21, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3438 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7489 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7739 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If there is a creator, so what? robvalue 334 28168 November 21, 2016 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: philadelphialawyer
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3353 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Why the religious will never admit you won the argument (and why they don't care) Veritas_Vincit 166 19914 June 30, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14207 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb