Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 9:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes
(August 28, 2015 at 5:13 am)excitedpenguin Wrote: We always blame our parents for stuff(hell, I've probably got even more legit shit to blame them for than anyone around here - I think so, at least, but that's too personal to share and find out) but in the end we've got to aknowledge that they're every bit as human as we are and so liable to be imperfect. Not everyone was cut to be the perfect dad or the perfect mom. People are inevitably constrained within their own egos fuelled by their different experiences and genetical makeups. Remember that when you assign too much blame on a man who probably sees the world a whole lot different than you do and probably isn't able to comprehend what he's putting you through or how bad it really is. You should look at it from a more detached point of view, you know what I mean?

If there's anything I know it's that people like us, traumatized to however small a degree by the people they loved the most and especially in the earliest parts of their lives, tend to grow uncanny knacks useful in life. We are stronger for what we went through and are thus able to see through much more bullshit than the average type can. We can also be more sympathetic to people for that same reason. That doesn't mean we're all the same, just that we have the same pure intentions in the end- where people are concerned- because we already know what it is to have your trust betrayed or to witness bad behaviour, hypocrisy in an authority figure and so on.

I guess what I'm saying is stay strong and know that you're good. Don't let your unhappy circumstances break you. Life only is and will forever be what you make of it. Attitude matters. So stay brave.

I disagree at the beginning, I don’t always blame my parents for stuff. My dad doesn’t deserve a human being in his vicinity for the shit he’s put his family through. I’m trying to move on with my life, and I'm going to try to not dwell on it as time moves on, but I feel it can be helpful to talk about it right now, and share stories with each other.

I’ve tried hundreds and hundreds of times to understand where he was coming from, and gave him so many chances that he didn’t deserve. I saw how he was, I saw how he viewed the world, and why he thinks the way he does, so I understand your question in the first paragraph there. I tried every way I could to keep repeating to myself things like that, “Just let it roll off of you, he doesn’t realize what he’s saying.” “That’s just the way he is, and he can’t help it.” and many other things like that. But, there’s a certain point where you see you’re family in tears for the nth time trying to explain how much they’re being hurt by this human being, and still, after much agony and effort, he doesn’t seem to care. He responds by yelling at us, explaining how he’s under more stress than anyone else here, when he doesn’t do jackshit. It's ALWAYS a comparing game to him, he doesn't want to hear what you're going through, it's all about him. He responds with things completely ignoring everything we’re saying, and brings up the past with some vacations or taking us out to dinner or buying us presents for christmas. It seems, relationships are about favors with money to him. He can buy someone off, then he has an excuse to be as big of a dick as he wants. There’s always some fucked up justification in his arsenal for his fallacious arguments.

I’d rather have someone that never takes me anywhere, never wants to spend a dime on me ever, but wants to spend quality time with me, and making me feel loved. I want someone that will make me feel good for the most part. Believe me, I’m not asking for perfection in every relationship I’m in, but when there’s more negativity in it than positivity, and he doesn’t want to make it better, it’s time to say, “Have a good one, and good luck in your future relationships.”
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by Jenny A - August 25, 2015 at 5:13 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by Longhorn - August 25, 2015 at 5:38 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by brewer - August 25, 2015 at 6:20 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by brewer - August 25, 2015 at 8:29 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by brewer - August 25, 2015 at 10:04 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by Regina - August 25, 2015 at 8:31 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by brewer - August 25, 2015 at 8:37 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 26, 2015 at 3:49 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by MTL - August 26, 2015 at 5:41 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by MTL - August 27, 2015 at 9:38 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by MTL - August 28, 2015 at 8:38 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 27, 2015 at 1:23 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by KevinM1 - August 27, 2015 at 2:30 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 27, 2015 at 2:35 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by KevinM1 - August 27, 2015 at 2:02 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 28, 2015 at 2:12 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 28, 2015 at 4:55 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by Salacious B. Crumb - August 28, 2015 at 3:34 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 29, 2015 at 2:10 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by KevinM1 - August 29, 2015 at 2:12 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by KevinM1 - August 29, 2015 at 10:48 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by Longhorn - August 29, 2015 at 3:32 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by Longhorn - August 30, 2015 at 3:10 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by *Deidre* - August 30, 2015 at 2:15 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by *Deidre* - August 30, 2015 at 1:14 pm
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 30, 2015 at 3:26 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by KevinM1 - August 31, 2015 at 12:04 am
RE: Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes - by robvalue - August 31, 2015 at 2:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you would punish religious people for being religious? Ahriman 222 19257 May 2, 2022 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  The August 2020 Derecho & giving thanks to God. Jehanne 8 434 August 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: no one
  Saying Thanks onlinebiker 16 1742 June 12, 2020 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Thanks you being you.... no one 6 610 November 22, 2018 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Thanks to homophobic bigots Foxaèr 7 614 November 10, 2018 at 9:24 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  To vent or not to vent, that is the question... Clueless Morgan 20 2677 August 21, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Need to vent. Brian37 3 774 August 3, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why are TSA agents such assholes? NuclearEnergy 11 5658 May 28, 2017 at 1:50 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Special Love nd Thanks to GodsChild Rhondazvous 10 2834 August 2, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Thanks Jericho 11 1205 June 18, 2015 at 2:28 am
Last Post: robvalue