Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are TSA agents such assholes?
Why are TSA agents such assholes?
Seems they are bigger assholes in the more larger airports. For instance, we went to the Dominican Republic and we connected to our return flight to Phoenix in Miami. When we got off the plane in Miami we literally had to walk about 1 mile to "passport control". We then had to go through another wave of customs. THEN...we had to go through security again because customs takes you outside of the secure area. So as we are going through security one of the TSA people yelled at me treating me like I'm some kind of terrorist because I put my shoes on my laptop as it was going through the scanner. (I know it has to be by itself, but I've done it that way countless times) One of them also yelled at my Dad telling him he should know all this because they have been doing certain things for the last 10 years. I understand it's a difficult job and they're not going to be all smiles, but your tone is the most important thing. 

I personally think TSA is totally useless and just an illusion of security. Privatizing it would be better in my opinion.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Why are TSA agents such assholes?
boredom

low pay

passengers with lice

poor training

supervisors that are assholes
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Being told that your job is important and you know it is not.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(May 27, 2017 at 8:06 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: Seems they are bigger assholes in the more larger airports. For instance, we went to the Dominican Republic and we connected to our return flight to Phoenix in Miami. When we got off the plane in Miami we literally had to walk about 1 mile to "passport control". We then had to go through another wave of customs. THEN...we had to go through security again because customs takes you outside of the secure area. So as we are going through security one of the TSA people yelled at me treating me like I'm some kind of terrorist because I put my shoes on my laptop as it was going through the scanner. (I know it has to be by itself, but I've done it that way countless times) One of them also yelled at my Dad telling him he should know all this because they have been doing certain things for the last 10 years. I understand it's a difficult job and they're not going to be all smiles, but your tone is the most important thing. 

I personally think TSA is totally useless and just an illusion of security. Privatizing it would be better in my opinion.

bold mine

You know it's wrong, do it anyway and then whine about getting corrected? Why you're not spoiled at all, not one little bit.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 27, 2017 at 9:38 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 27, 2017 at 8:06 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: Seems they are bigger assholes in the more larger airports. For instance, we went to the Dominican Republic and we connected to our return flight to Phoenix in Miami. When we got off the plane in Miami we literally had to walk about 1 mile to "passport control". We then had to go through another wave of customs. THEN...we had to go through security again because customs takes you outside of the secure area. So as we are going through security one of the TSA people yelled at me treating me like I'm some kind of terrorist because I put my shoes on my laptop as it was going through the scanner. (I know it has to be by itself, but I've done it that way countless times) One of them also yelled at my Dad telling him he should know all this because they have been doing certain things for the last 10 years. I understand it's a difficult job and they're not going to be all smiles, but your tone is the most important thing. 

bold mine

You know it's wrong, do it anyway and then whine about getting corrected? Why you're not spoiled at all, not one little bit.
I'm saying I have done that before at lots of other airports.

(May 27, 2017 at 10:02 pm)It_Was_me Wrote:
(May 27, 2017 at 9:38 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: bold mine

I'm saying I have done that before at lots of other airports.

And I'm guessing it was wrong then also. What, if you don't get caught or corrected, it's then OK?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 27, 2017 at 10:07 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 27, 2017 at 10:02 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: I'm saying I have done that before at lots of other airports.

And I'm guessing it was wrong then also. What, if you don't get caught or corrected, it's then OK?
Not really sure what you are trying to get at here. But I guess all I'm saying they should remain more consistent across the board.

(May 27, 2017 at 9:38 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: You know it's wrong, do it anyway and then whine about getting corrected? Why you're not spoiled at all, not one little bit.

^^

This.
The Death of Expertise

Tom Nichols
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Last time I flew the full body scanner said that I had something in my crotch. I had to stop myself from making a joke about my dick being a weapon.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1431 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1134 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why are women such hard work? Expired 72 9372 August 7, 2016 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes Salacious B. Crumb 92 7543 August 31, 2015 at 2:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Skeptics: is there a such thing as too much questioning? IanHulett 10 2299 February 24, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Why are intelligent brits such snobs Richi1 18 3117 December 28, 2013 at 2:22 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  What goes on in such a mind? Something completely different 8 2592 August 3, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Why do feminists have such a bad reputation? Macky Avelli 207 73231 May 6, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Why such controversy over prank? Aractus 65 17109 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Sad Why Are Atheists Such 'Trash Mouths'? NoMoreExcuses 86 20205 December 8, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002