Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Love nd Thanks to GodsChild
Special Love nd Thanks to GodsChild
Because you laid aside our differences to share your love with me. You could have taken my surgery as an opportunity to be like Job's neighbors or feel vindicated, But you didn't and I cannot take offence.

Thanks
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Special Love nd Thanks to GodsChild
How's it going, Rhonda? I assume everything went well?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(July 28, 2015 at 9:49 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Because you laid aside our differences to share your love with me.  You could have taken my surgery as an opportunity to be like Job's neighbors or feel vindicated, But you didn't and I cannot take offence.

Thanks
Your welcome,
I'm no ones enemy here and care about every one, my concern is real and I wouldn't dream of feeling vindicated, my Christian beliefs do not allow for that. I know that God will at times bring hardship on people and if you look the Bible over it's usually those who believe. Illness is a part of life and each of us should be concerned when a fellow human being is ill. Hoping for your complete recovery.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 29, 2015 at 12:15 am)Godschild Wrote: Your welcome,
I'm no ones enemy here and care about every one, my concern is real and I wouldn't dream of feeling vindicated, my Christian beliefs do not allow for that. I know that God will at times bring hardship on people and if you look the Bible over it's usually those who believe. Illness is a part of life and each of us should be concerned when a fellow human being is ill. Hoping for your complete recovery.

GC
Yes, we may fight like cats and dogs over ideas but when the nitty gets down to the gritty, we are not enemies.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

(July 29, 2015 at 12:15 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 28, 2015 at 9:49 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: Because you laid aside our differences to share your love with me.  You could have taken my surgery as an opportunity to be like Job's neighbors or feel vindicated, But you didn't and I cannot take offence.

Thanks
Your welcome,

GC

That was sweet and I am glad that you aren't-like someone else on this forum- suggesting that illness is just god's way of getting someone's attention. I suspect that most of the people we debate on this forum are probably pleasant in real life. We just disagree strongly on religion but we probably agree on other issues
[Image: 27521719.jpg]
[Image: 10739144.gif]
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 30, 2015 at 8:49 am)Nope Wrote:
(July 29, 2015 at 12:15 am)Godschild Wrote: Your welcome,

GC

That was sweet and I am glad that you aren't-like someone else on this forum- suggesting that illness is just god's way of getting someone's attention.  I suspect that most of the people we debate on this forum are probably pleasant in real life. We just disagree strongly on religion but we probably agree on other issues

You are correct that outside this forum many on the opposite sides could even be friends, I have friends who do not believe. There is a reason I do not believe that all illnesses that come to anyone isn't from God, the Bible teaches differently. Yes as I said before that some illnesses do come from God but I believe that those who believe receive most of them. I sincerely believe that God allows everyone's life runs it's coarse, unless it is necessary to intervene. God wants us to ask Him to be with them through our times of trials, He doesn't want to force himself upon us.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Hope you're feeling better now. Get well soon! Smile
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
I think it's the nature of the forum as a medium of communication. In real life, people don't sit around debating. Christians don't come up to me off the street talking about the bible says this and the bible says that. In real lfe we're not focused on exchanging ideas through words. There's more opportunity to express our feelings and thoughts through actions.

Aw man, right now I was just wondering how GC and I can express friendship when Bobby Bue Bland came on my Windows player singing If you're gonna walk on my love the least you can do is take off your shoes.

Things like that keep happening to me. So no more steel toe, spike heals. I'll wear Dr. Scholl's.

--Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The August 2020 Derecho & giving thanks to God. Jehanne 8 396 August 23, 2020 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: no one
  Saying Thanks onlinebiker 16 1614 June 12, 2020 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Thanks you being you.... no one 6 584 November 22, 2018 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Thanks to homophobic bigots Foxaèr 7 586 November 10, 2018 at 9:24 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Platonic Love Vs Romantic Love Edwardo Piet 27 6965 September 4, 2016 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Today is a Special Day Rhondazvous 23 2154 May 5, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  It's that special time of year....... The Grand Nudger 18 2079 March 11, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Need to Vent - Thanks Religious Assholes Salacious B. Crumb 92 7560 August 31, 2015 at 2:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Something cute to brighten up your day. If you didn't love cats, you love them now. IanHulett 34 6905 July 23, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Thanks Jericho 11 1141 June 18, 2015 at 2:28 am
Last Post: robvalue