Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist
RE: Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist
(October 16, 2015 at 12:54 am)heatiosrs Wrote: This time however, he did something I didn't expect. After cursing at me and ignoring my point, he said "I bet you're one of those people who argues against God on atheist websites rofl". This set me the fuck off. You have to realize that I told him that after being nervous, knowing he was a christian, but also one of my best friends. I might be acting like he was the devil incarnate, but we defnitely had good times. This remark tipped me over the limit. I wrote almost an essay response to him. I told him how incredibly intolerant, ignorant, and arrogant he was. I listed out everything that he was wrong, how he would cry and crawl up in a corner any time someone brought logic in to the equation, and how he would instantly start cussing me out any time I said he was wrong. He removed me from everything, steam, skype, phone, everything. Blocked me on everything he could, even blocked my number.

I am so fed up with religion. Maybe religion is not inherently what caused this, but it's definitely the foundation for the way he thinks.
DO YOU SEE WHY RELIGION HAS A NEGATIVE OUTCOME? BECAUSE PEOPLE START REFUSING TO ACCEPT LOGIC, AND CONVINCE THEMSELVES THEY ARE RIGHT. IT'S THE REASON THAT ONE OUT OF MY ONLY TWO FRIENDS ONLINE REMOVED ME FROM HIS LIFE. I WOULDN'T SAY SOMETHING THIS PERSONAL BUT WHO CARES AT THIS POINT. I HAVE LITERALLY NO CLOSE FRIENDS IRL. HE IS ONE OF THE ONLY CLOSE FRIENDS I HAD. STILL THINK RELIGION ISN'T HARMFUL? TELL THAT TO HIM AND ALL THE PEOPLE LIKE HIM WHO RUN FROM LOGIC BECAUSE OF IT.

Christianity is not a negative religion.  What your friend did was wrong. If he was a true Christian, he would not have acted like that.  Christians are suppose to have love for all people including the ones who persecute them.  Jesus even ate with the sinners, atheists, etc in those days.  I am not out of logic because of it.  I am sorry your friend hurt you, but don't blame it on his faith.  This is his heart problem. If he was any friend at all, he would have kept trying to get you to go to church with him and pray for you whether you wanted him to or not.  I grew up only having one close friend.  She was somewhere in the middle of an atheist and a Christian.  Nothing ever separated our friendship except for her death. If you want to know how he should act, read one of the four Gospels in the New Testament.  He should have showed you the character of Jesus which is nothing but pure love.  As far as your friend thinks, just tell him if possible that Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself.  This is the same love he should have showed you and this is the kindness he should have showed you.

Messages In This Thread
Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist - by Heat - October 16, 2015 at 12:54 am
RE: Friend deleted me after 2 years because i'm atheist - by Blondie - October 17, 2015 at 8:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ten Short Years Foxaèr 6 749 March 15, 2023 at 11:29 am
Last Post: brewer
  What did you learn to do because of the pandemic? arewethereyet 31 2363 June 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 815 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2763 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I love my after Christmas Kroger points popeyespappy 3 423 January 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Most memorable New Years onlinebiker 8 672 January 1, 2019 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Because I love cheese Losty 116 9118 November 27, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Losty
  45 years later, at a sports bar....... Brian37 4 477 September 10, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's a small world after all. Brian37 8 1652 June 6, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How do you imagine the world millions of years from now? Macoleco 34 3712 April 15, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Macoleco